RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #1
l'il esky
Queen SockMonkey aka Holly :D

I am currently:
New Year's Eve

Does anyone else really hate New Year's Eve? I find it so depressing and feel so alone whilst everyone else enjoys themselves. New year has so much pretence about it, the year will be the same old same old as this year. Is it just me??

this pic is so i can always remember jen who was my l'il sock monkey friend who has left ryl and i miss her!!!
xx

l'il esky is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 31-12-2014, 08:03 PM   #2
lord of luck
brynn

I am currently:

I'm having a really hard time with it too. I purposely made sure I'm spending New Year's Eve night with someone so I wont be alone and am taking today to just stay calm and sketch, write, whatever so I'm not too stressed. be nice to yourself, it's ok to have a hard time with it, a lot of us do. It's hard to move forward sometimes and a whole new year sounds daunting. The nice thing is that we don't have to face the year all at once, or make goals if it would make you too overwhelmed, but just one day at a time. *hugs*
PM me if you need to. <3

you bleed just to know you're alive

lord of luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #3
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

I can empathise. I'm ill with flu so can't go out but didn't have any plans anyway! I hate new year and the whole 'new you' rubbish and always worry about what the new year will bring but for tonight I recommend cosy pjs and films/TV shows with a hot drink! For me it's flu remedies haha

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #4
l'il esky

I am currently:

Thanks guys �� glad I'm not alone, be glad to go back to work on fri to get back into some kind of routine.ive lived in my pjs for last couple of days just feel so bleugh
Hope you feel better soon xx

this pic is so i can always remember jen who was my l'il sock monkey friend who has left ryl and i miss her!!!
xx

Old 31-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #5
consequential

I don't feel sad this year. I bought new silky pjs and have a massive veg curry cooking.I'm working tonight then will have a drink after. I am alone though as usual. I am a bit bitter that nobody ever asks me to go anywhere so they can all f off in the new year. It's not nice leaving someone alone tonight.

It became like a sort of prison. Encased in a silver shell, words so full of bleeding need spilled like drops on dry leaves. And all the while laughter prevailed a long way from here. Nowhere land, nowhere time, nowhere space.

consequential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 01:46 AM   #6
consequential

This is the last NYE that I will be left alone. No way am I living like this anymore.

It became like a sort of prison. Encased in a silver shell, words so full of bleeding need spilled like drops on dry leaves. And all the while laughter prevailed a long way from here. Nowhere land, nowhere time, nowhere space.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:48 AM   #7
Amaranth
Leah

I am currently:

L'il Esky - I used to hate nye as I usually had no where to go with friends as they were busy doing stuff I wasn't invited to and so I've spent nye with my parents for almost every year. My sis and bro-in-law have been here every year for about the past 8 or 9 years too so at least there were more of us, but they would all spend most of the evening moaning about having to stay up until midnight, and then when it reached midnight as they were all couples they would make a big deal of saying happy new year and having a kiss and cuddle as a couple, and I would be left there standing on my own feeling really lonely and trying not to cry.
I have let my son stay up until midnight the last two years though so I can play board games with him even if the others don't want to join in, and I can get/give a hug at midnight too.
I do think nye is massively over rated though, in previous years I have a couple of times feigned illness and slept through the whole thing.

Musical_solitude - are you ok? I'm a bit worried by what you mean in your last post?

Amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:51 PM   #8
Cacoethes
90's B*tch

I am currently:

Not a fan of new years. Family tend to go away and friends already have other plans.
This year I got a takeaway and was in bed by 11:30pm.
So hardcore.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:16 PM   #9
consequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
L'il Esky - I used to hate nye as I usually had no where to go with friends as they were busy doing stuff I wasn't invited to and so I've spent nye with my parents for almost every year. My sis and bro-in-law have been here every year for about the past 8 or 9 years too so at least there were more of us, but they would all spend most of the evening moaning about having to stay up until midnight, and then when it reached midnight as they were all couples they would make a big deal of saying happy new year and having a kiss and cuddle as a couple, and I would be left there standing on my own feeling really lonely and trying not to cry.
I have let my son stay up until midnight the last two years though so I can play board games with him even if the others don't want to join in, and I can get/give a hug at midnight too.
I do think nye is massively over rated though, in previous years I have a couple of times feigned illness and slept through the whole thing.

Musical_solitude - are you ok? I'm a bit worried by what you mean in your last post?
I'm fine thanks. I just don't want to live alone anymore or be alone on all the holidays and such like. It's not suicide it's moving away and starting afresh hopefully. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for caring x

Old 01-01-2015, 10:57 PM   #10
Freckles
Am I Real?

I am currently:

I'm a bit late in replying, but just wanted to say you're not alone there. I hate New Year's Eve nowadays... I used to like it, but now I just think about all the people I once knew, and what they're up to whilst I'm sat at home, depressed. I think about all the things that haven't happened for me over the past year, and think that I'll never get 'my break'. But last year, for the first time ever, I had an early night and slept through it... I covered every source of time, so that if I woke up I wouldn't know what time it was. I put on headphones and watched some dvds before going to sleep with music playing through the headphones, so that I couldn't hear the fireworks. Then I just woke up the next day as if it was no big deal..... it was so effective in coping with it, that I did it again last night!! I'd recommend it to anyone who suffers at that time of year.... spoil yourself. Have an early night, watch something good, listen to cheery music and don't worry what everyone else is doing, as you're enjoying being in a warm bed, with good films/music/food, whatever. And besides, it's just one night. It's just a change to the date, and an excuse for some people to go out and get drunk. Yesterday was Wednesday, today was Thursday... nothing much changed other than the numbers of the month and the year... it was no different to any other night, other than people being anti-social with fireworks. It helped, knowing that most people I know were also having early nights.... you tend to opt for that the older you get, lol.

I hope you got through it alright xx

Be yourself, live for you.
Take no notice what others do.
You're so special, and unique,
You have the qualities others seek.

Remember... YOU are unique. YOU are special!

Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:50 PM   #11
l'il esky

I am currently:

xx

Old 04-01-2015, 11:08 PM   #12
Freckles
Am I Real?

I am currently:

Good, that's the main thing - you got through it. :) And crying's okay.. it's good to let your feelings out. And it's over now - just one night out of 365. Hopefully we can all forget about that one annoying night, and look forward to all the possibilities the rest of the year may offer. I hope it's a good year for you. :) xx

Be yourself, live for you.
Take no notice what others do.
You're so special, and unique,
You have the qualities others seek.

Remember... YOU are unique. YOU are special!

Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)