RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 20-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
lisaaa
*breaking the habit

I am currently:
inpatient / weight triggering?

I was told I may have to go inpatient for anorexia purging type. I'm worried but I also know it's what I need. However I'm losing control of the purging side and i think I might be gaining weight and I'm scared I'll have my appointment after xmas and if my weight isn't critical the inpatient option won't be there anymore... if I was going to get over this myself I would have years ago but I can't, but maybe that means I don't want it enough and don't deserve it, if my weights not low enough noone will take me seriously. sorry this isn't making much sense aymore but yeah... worried:S could they take me off the list/ is it likely? thanks

And sail away these faces we hide behind
Cutting through the airwaves
Open up our minds
Show ourselves to the world tonight
Cause we are.. No longer in disguise ♫

lisaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 08:36 AM   #2
unicorn08

I understand

When my family first tried to get me into treatment, I refused because I didn't feel like I was skinny enough. I didn't feel like I was sick enough to need help. I knew something was wrong and needed to change, but I thought that I would stop on my own when the time came. Unfortunately, I was wrong on both counts. I wish I would have sought treatment when my family first knew I was sick. Because 9 months later, I woke up in a hospital.

A number doesn't define how sick you are. A number doesn't say how much you need help. Get the help you need while you have the chance to choose it.

unicorn08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
lisaaa
*breaking the habit

I am currently:

thanks you, I really do need to see past the number, because I know I'm getting worse but the number is increasing sometimes - I'm just really worries the treatment centre won't see it like that :S

Open up our minds

Old 20-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #4
Aemornion
Jay

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn08 View Post
A number doesn't define how sick you are. A number doesn't say how much you need help. Get the help you need while you have the chance to choose it.
This is very true. The treatment centre will go on more than numbers. They're experienced at dealing with people in your situation so they'll understand that just because your weight might go up doesn't mean you're getting better.

I hope you can get the help you need.

"Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher." ~William Wordsworth

Of course I'm sane, when trees start talking to me, I don't talk back.

Aemornion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #5
Buttercup.
loveeeeeee

I am currently:

People with ED's often have their weight go up and down. I hope the treatment center will see that and you will get the help you need. Good luck xo

I wanna stay inside all day
I want the world to go away

Buttercup. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
snailonvalium
*~manda~*

The others are right,inpatient take a full history and look at current behaviours,not just weight when thinking about admitting someone.
The first time I went,I wasn't too much below the bmi for diagnosis but because of other factors was offered a place.
X

snailonvalium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #7
lisaaa
*breaking the habit

I am currently:

hank you all for your replys, they're really reassuring - thinking about it I'm pretty sure the recommendation has already been sent so that sort of makes it likely they won't change their mind? Thanks again and just need to get through the next couple weeks (xmas is awful with an ed :S) good luck and al the best to all of you! x

Open up our minds

Old 22-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #8
kbeth

I am currently:

Hi guess I'm jumping in kind of late on this thread, but I feel like I have to say: you DO deserve to get better, absolutely! And it's always better to get help sooner rather than later. I know sometimes it's like your mind plays tricks on you (or mine does) as far as I do deserve this, I don't deserve it, I'm not sick enough, I'm too sick...it feels crazy! But it's not crazy, it's just the ED talking. I'm glad you're brave enough and strong enough to get the help you need and deserve. Like you said, just get through the next couple of weeks. There's light at the end of the tunnel! *hugs* <3

kbeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)