RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
yoyogirl

I am currently:
Meds and OD?

A few weeks ago I took relatively minor overdose it wasn't intentional I just had a headache non stop and didn't realise I had taken too many tablets over a 32 hour period and I ended up in a&e to confuse things I also stomach problems from ibs as well had flared up and I had eaten something that disagreed with me.
One psych is now saying I may have bipolar disorder yet dr k hasn't made up mind yet. But thing is due to my previous od and others which they know about docs are not sure about meds. No don't kmow what to do. I mean will they consider drastic routes like injections?

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 07-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
Wonderland.

My team were also jubious about putting me on meds for the same reason but were happy to let my mum to look after them and give me a weeks worth at a time. And when she is away my CC looks after them and does the same. So there are ways around it if you are willing to let other people look after your meds.

They will only suggest injections, if you need the medication to stay well and won't comply with taking it orally or are too much of a risk to look after your own meds and there is no one to look after them. I think you have to be put on a community treatment order for them to do that against your will.

What they also do sometimes if give you a daily prescription or couple of days prescription to try and manage the risk. I have been on this at one point too.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:19 AM   #3
AllButWanted
Such a beautiful mess inside ~

I am currently:

I live in supported housing now and have staff where I live to keep hold of my meds if its needed. Before that though when I lived on my own my doc wanted me on medication and I got a prescription each week for a weeks worth and at one point three days worth at a time. There is ways around these things, if you agree with the things they want to put in place surrounding meds you should be fine :)
X

Just when the caterpillar thought she was dying she turned into a beautiful butterfly

AllButWanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
yoyogirl

I am currently:

I have in the past saved it up

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
crazykat
Fight for another day

It is unlikely they will consider injections, as Wonderwall. pointed out they would usually only consider this if you refused to take your meds orally or there weren't other options.

I know for me they had it made out so I would have to go to the pharmacy twice a week to pick them up. I have recently however been allowed to pick up weekly instead of twice weekly though. So it can change, depending on the level of risk they think you are.

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
Wonderland.

Maybe it would help to talk to your doctor about what his thoughts are on medication and whether there are ways of doing it that are less risky.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #7
yoyogirl

I am currently:

That's the thing I am refusing take them orally and I'm refusing meds altogether

Old 08-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #8
Wonderland.

If you are refusing meds then you do run the risk of them making you have injections.

What's making you refuse meds?

Old 08-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
yoyogirl

I am currently:

I just don't trust them and a part of me believes I can cope without it

Old 08-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Have you ever taken them in the past for s prolonged period of time? What is your experience of how they work for you?

Mental illness is an illness often involving chemical imbalance in the brain and the medication works to resolve that. There's no need to feel shame our that you need to cope alone.

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
yoyogirl

I am currently:

6-10 weeks is my maximum then after a while I forget and then something major happens and I end up taking a lot to self harm

Old 08-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
property

I have my meds injected into me, and to be honest, I wouldn't go back to tablets. I have complete non compliance with medications, I refuse my anti psychotic and one of my anti depressants.

Although some people don't like the injections it is working for me, which I almost begrudge, I now only have my sleeping tablets as orally taken and it does make life easier for me.

property is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #13
yoyogirl

I am currently:

yet my mind and telling me im not worth their trouble and that i dont deserve help

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)