RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 24-05-2021, 02:57 PM   #1
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:
The issue is fluids

Basically whenever it's that time of the month or whenever it's hot I have trouble maintaining the right fluid intake. I have bed and although whilst I dont purge after a binge I do restrict. I am finding that dehydration is effecting me physically.

Is fluid restriction related to bed? I have tried Google but all I can find is fluid restriction information relating to anorexia which I definitely don't have! I also don't have trouble with dehydration during when it's not that time of the month or when the weather is cool/during colder months.

Tia

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 24-05-2021, 07:42 PM   #2
Auror.
Camden

Fluid restriction in general can be related to any eating disorder as far as I am aware. Our bodies needs can change with both factors you are describing, so it can make sense that you might need to drink more during those times. Also in general some fluid can come from food, so if drinking more in general doesn't feel super possible, you could try incorporating more foods that have a higher fluid content (in general those tend to be things like soups, fruits and vegetables, or even something like cereal with milk). Also if coffee, tea, etc. is what gets you drinking more, that's going to still be better than nothing. The thing about drinks with caffeine dehydrating you isn't super accurate unless you're drinking ridiculously large quantities of them.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2021, 08:07 PM   #3
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

Thanks Camden that's super helpful. I got a soup maker in February so every month since then I have been making soup.i also been putting some in my freezer.

I dont drink a ton of caffeine. My main drink is diet lemonade though.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2021, 03:40 AM   #4
Auror.
Camden

Diet lemonade doesn't sound like a bad thing if you enjoy it. Is there a way you can try to drink more of it? If affording more of it is an issue, you could also try watering it down. I water down my iced tea to make it last longer, and it means I don't have to drink plain water.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)