RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 08-09-2010, 08:40 AM   #4141
tamobhuuta

sorry you're feeling rubbish, i'll pray.

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #4142
risenfromperdition
you are loved and beautiful :)

praying.
--------
We all face fears from time to time. As you consider the pursuit of recovery, do your fears ever take on these voices?

What if I’m not strong enough? What if I fail? What will others think of me? What if I feel rejected? Can God still heal me?

Do you have fears that are holding you back from recovery? Your fears are real. They should not be discounted or ignored. But instead of giving in to those fears, surrender them to the One who is bigger than they are. Take your fears and turn them into a desperate plea for healing.

In Matthew 9:20-22 we are told a story of a woman who probably faced many fears. For 12 years, she bled. During that time she must have wondered why this was happening to her. She must have felt like an outcast, abandoned by society, lonely, and hurting. Surely, she wondered what others thought of her. I would imagine that avoided public places; fearing humiliation and rejection at the hands of others. So many fears must have bombarded her mind on a daily basis.

Yet, she turned her fears into desperation. She desperately sought after the One she knew could heal her. Without regard of others’ opinions, she reached out to touch Jesus. She reached out, believing that she would be healed. As she encountered Jesus, her faith overcame her fears. The woman was healed immediately as Jesus lovingly spoke to her as “daughter.”

Take your fears and turn them into desperation. Seek after Him as if your life depends on it, because it does. Reach out and believe that He will heal you, because He can.

Just as Jesus spoke the word “daughter” to this woman, you can believe today that you are His precious daughter. He desires to heal you as you desperately seek after Him. As you reach out to Him and surrender your fears, listen for His response, “Daughter, your faith has healed you.”

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

risenfromperdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #4143
tamobhuuta

thanks for sharing that here Heather. i'm having to make the difficult choice of what i want right now and that really helped :) i hope things are ok with you?

Old 09-09-2010, 04:17 AM   #4144
risenfromperdition

[if want more blogs like that... www.truereflectionsinchrist.com ] :)
am... ok i guess.

“The good things don’t always soften the bad, but vice-versa, the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”
“Nobody important? Blimey, that’s amazing. Do you know, in nine hundred years of time and space I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important before.”
“If it’s time to go, remember what you’re leaving. Remember the best. My friends have always been the best of me.”

Old 09-09-2010, 09:06 AM   #4145
asc

I am currently:

I scratched once while I was away. It was a trip of a lifetime - the Oberammergau Passion Play was brilliant, but my pain was - and is - extremely bad and I felt I did not belong to the group, who kept leaving me behind.

I would value prayer as I go away for 4 days today and I am in so much pain. On Tuesday I have some injections in my back. It can make things worse temporarily and I'm scared. Then on the 30th I have a hip replacement.

asc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #4146
tamobhuuta

'ok' heather?

sorry you're experiencing such pain aqsc. i hope these procedures help as they're meant to. will pray for you.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:52 AM   #4147
poobear

I am currently:

im catholic too, but ive never really chosen it for myself, it was chosen for me, i love god, but sometimes i hate him more than anything.

poobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:04 AM   #4148
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

The following content has been hidden - Reason : ED trigger
Hi. My name is Relapse McFailfail.
It's been days since I've eaten a decent meal without purging.
Before this I'd been doing well for months...
I have no idea what triggered the relapse, but I hate it. I hate me.

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:13 AM   #4149
Freedom Fighter

*cuddles salanna*

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry "Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!"

Thomas Parke D’Invilliers

Freedom Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:46 AM   #4150
risenfromperdition

*hugs salanna* tihnking of you <3

Old 12-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #4151
tamobhuuta

sending you lots of love Salanna. do you have any help IRL for this?

Old 12-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #4152
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

*hugs Salanna*

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #4153
mmmMinty...
lololololol

I am currently:

Hey,
haven't been on this thread in ages. i'm feeling kinda distant from God atm and like I can't ever be changed.
My ed and depression is pretty much all consuming and I feel messed up and like I just can't measure up to anything people or God want from me. I'm in a mess.
And I don't think I can cope.
I don't understand what God wants. I don't understand what I'm supposed to do or be or anything. I just...idk. I can't pray properly. I don't have anything to say to God and if I do it's just angry and confused and pointless.
I don't see the point :(
xx

"That is why, for Christ's sake,
I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships,
in persecutions, in difficulties.
For when I am weak, then I am strong"
(2 Corinthians 12:13)

Together We Are Strong <3

mmmMinty... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #4154
RYUU

Hi am RYUU am 33 from Scotland i have been raised catholic but i had stepped away from that when i was 15 i went on to be a pagan but that wasn't for me now am Christan again

I hear voices one of the voices is God telling me to do good
the other voices is the devil telling me i must kill myself but i try and not listen to that

I last self injured yesterday and am feeling like i need to self injure now
but am keeping myself busy

Old 12-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #4155
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

can other peoples thoughts infect you? recently i've gotten really anxious because im back and school and alot of people talk about things that aren't really morally correct and go against the Bible.... and cause they say them, then i think of what they're saying, and then i've had a bad thought... and theres the bit where it says that thinking about killing someone is really the same as murdering them.... so can other peoples thoughts infect me? and how do i get clean from them without going to ocd rituals? and is this a rational fear?

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #4156
timidtyger

I am currently:

im a christian SIer...it seems like a contradiction. like i cant be a christian if im a cutter because isnt it a sin to do that or something?

sew this thread
into my lips
shut my mouth
like a zipper zips

timidtyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 03:51 AM   #4157
healingraine
Psalm 34

I am currently:

All Christians sin. We're human. That's where grace comes in.
See Ephesians 2

SI free solely by the grace of God!
August 2, 2007

healingraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #4158
RYUU

The devil has taken control i must cut please pray for me

Old 13-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #4159
tamobhuuta

sorry you feel you have to cut RYUU. do you want to talk about what's happening today?

Old 13-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #4160
RYUU

I didn't cut i went for a nap instead but the devil is telling me that i have to cut he is trying to get me to sin the devil knows am weak but am praying to God that i dont cut and that the devil will stop talking to me

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)