RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2017, 02:24 AM   #1
lola rose

advice?

Hello, I just wanted to ask advice really, I have sh for a few years but lately it dosnt seem to help anymore but can't stop, I feel I have no control over it, more like it's controling me. I don't want to do it anymore but arnt really sure what to do, I tried to stop on my own but just can't, would a doctor be able to help or would they dismiss me as being ridiculous, how would I bring up the subject? would they tell me it's not serious enough?
Sorry for all the questions Im just feeling lost as to were i go from here, any advice would be greatly appreciated

lola rose is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 09-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #2
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

Well done for realising you need to get help, I would recommend going to see your GP and they can refer you elsewhere for therapy so that you can work on recovering. I know it's hard but remember, your doctor will probably have heard it before so it won't shock him/her. Maybe you could write down what you want to say so that you can pass it over if you cannot verbalise it? Good luck xx

UnanimousAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:09 AM   #3
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I agree with writing it down. It will give the gp a starting point and also it means that you won't forget anything as can happen in these sort of appointments.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #4
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

It's definitely worth talking to your doctor because there are a number of things that they may be able to offer you. There is no harm in trying. Good luck with everything. Take care.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 06:50 PM   #5
Entropy

I am currently:

I agree with what has been said above, it is a great idea to speak to a doctor and see what they can advise. I very much hope nobody would say or imply that any level of self harm isn't serious enough to get help. They will probably start by asking you lots of questions. I think you could bring it up by saying pretty much what you have written here. Good luck!

"this is the room where you don't have to be brave"

Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)