RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:29 PM   #1
Field Of Paper Flowers
Random Hero

Spiritual crystals and gemstones revived!

As the title reads. Enjoy! XD

I've been into spiritual crystals and gemstones since 2004 and only since joining college been able to get into them a bit more and study and learn a bit more about them. For people who are thinking, "Hey what are these spiritual crystals and gemstones?" I will try to teach you something new. That’s a try. Hehe! If you want to ask any questions just post a reply and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Probably through a PM.

What are spiritual crystals and gemstones? They're coloured stones and crystals that you may have seen in herbal shops such as Zen (if your in the UK).

What are they used for? Spiritual crystals and gemstones are used for people who are trying to heal from something specific or achieve something they desire.For example, rose quartz is great for emotional healing, amethyst crystals for headaches, malachite for the stomach, lapis for anxiety, and jade for the heart…just to name a few. There are many spiritual crystals and gemstones to choose from. It just depends on what healing power the person is looking for.

All this sounds interesting but do I need to be a specific type of religion, need training or anything else to start using spiritual crystals and gemstones? No not at all. Anyone can use spiritual crystals and gemstones. You just need to read up how to use them properly before you jump straight in there. It’s not as simple as it looks.

Okay, I’ve decided I’d like to give these spiritual crystals and gemstones a go. What do I do to get started? First of all research! You don’t want to be embarrassing yourself when you’re buying your first spiritual crystal or gemstone now do you? Research on all the spiritual crystals and gemstones, and which one would suite you best, for what type of things you would like to heal or achieve. Here is a list of all the popular spiritual crystals and gemstones and what healing and achievement properties they hold. You may have heard of some of them before from birthstones. Be warned there are a lot of them. Hehe!

Amazonite. A variety of feldspar. Gentle, calming, relaxing and soothing. Helps to strengthen the physical body. Works well on the throat, thyroid and the nervous system, bringing power to expression. Is also said to build confidence, bring joy and is used to enhance creative expression.

Amber. The fossilized resin of prehistoric pine trees. Good for mental clarity, harmony, inner balance and confidence. Excellent for detoxification of the body systems and protection from spiritual harm. An excellent manifesting stone, which holds the pure ancient healing rays of the sun.

Amethyst. Well known to absorb and dissolve negativity, which helps against stress and nightmares. Works at all levels, mind, body and spirit. Said to be good for the head, headaches, eyes, scalp and hair, by purification and renewal. Thought to increase spiritual awareness, meditation and concentration by raising energy levels. Also helps with arthritis, hearing and the skeleton. Aids blood sugar balance. Believed (from Ancient Greek times) to work well for those suffering from frustrations and addictions, particularly alcohol.

Aquamarine. A variety of beryl. Calms the nerves, helps self-expression, gives mental clarity and dispells fears, phobias and stress. Good for the respiratory system, the kidneys, the liver, fluid retention and helps balance the emotions. Inspires love, peace, well being and serenity.

Aventurine. The colour of the healing crystal, a variety of quartz. Increasing creativity and originality. Heals emotional pain, fear and imbalance, dissolves blockages and promotes universal love, truth and prosperity. Said to balance the male and female energies. Stimulates muscle tissue and blood, and alleviates nervous system stress. Considered lucky in chance and money matters.

Bloodstone. Calming and revitalising, bloodstone is the stone of courage and vitality. Helps heal all blood disorders and aids in balancing iron deficiencies. Aids emotional and mental stress. For wealth, relationships, menstrual cramps, the eyesight, the spleen and bones, anaemia, blood clots and reproductive system.

Blue Lace Agate. This energetic, cooling stone brings inspiration, patience and peace. Stimulates the intuition and assists healing.

Calcite. Can be black, blue, brown, green, grey, red, yellow or clear in colour. This stone is a good emotional balancer, assisting in meditation and spirituality. Helps to alleviate stress, skin problems, intestinal complaints and strengthens the heart. Used to enhance memory and self-fulfillment, making us more energetic and enthusiastic in all aspects.

Carnelian. A variety of chalcedony. Improves personal power, sense of touch, self-confidence and increases inner receptivity. Increases concentration, balancing creativity and the mental processes. Works on several body systems including the heart, kidneys, gallbladder and pancreas. Also helps with asthma, arthritis, menstrual cramps and aids tissue regeneration.

Celestite. Inspires inner peace, hope and harmony. Helps with energy distribution around the body. Aids in attuning the mind to higher frequencies and awareness, and helps with dream recall.

Chrysocolla. The symbol of beauty, love and harmony. A stimulating stone with healing properties. Releases stress, grief, sadness and fear and is balancing to the emotions and the mind. Promotes peace and joy.

Citrine. Promotes self confidence and interpersonal skills, increases mental and emotional clarity. Reduces fear, stress, anxiety, depression, stomach tension, food disorders and allergies, in fact all negativity. Good for detoxification of digestive system, including, kidneys, liver, spleen, urinary systems and intestines. Also believed to help accumulate wealth.

Emerald. Helps to revitalize the body. Calms the mind and emotions, and strengthens mental ability. A stone for the heart, a variety of beryl, instilling balance, harmony, patience, maturity and love, lifting depression and providing peace and prosperity.

Fluorite. Good for meditation, developing awareness and expanding mental power. Increases intuition and memory. Often used for detoxification and the absorbtion of good nutrients. Useful to relieve anxiety and insomnia. A powerful healing stone.

Garnet. Stimulates blood flow and helps inspire love, vitality, imagination and sensuality. Holds a powerful rejuvenating energy. Said to be good for those with anaemia, depression and toxic disorders. Also good for the immune system and body energy.

Haematite (Hematite). Aids mental clarity, concentration, memory, self-control, practicality and original thinking. Thought to be protective, hematite promotes sound sleep, confidence, willpower and boldness. It also brings a sense of calm and reduces anxiety and stress. It neutralizes emotional negativity and has a positive effect on love and relationships. Physically it stimulates the absorption of iron and its energy is said to re-energise the blood, promoting good health.

Jade. Stone of health, wealth and long life. Useful to aid concentration. Helps benefit the upper body around the lungs, heart, thymus and kidneys. Also strengthens the immune system and nervous system.

Jasper. Used as a grounding stone for earth energies. Said to be good for depression, to promote understanding and to elevate the mood, restoring a positive outlook.

Kunzite. Peaceful in love, thoughts, emotions and words. Dissolves negativity and heals emotional instabilities. Aids confidence building and relieves depression, headaches, phobias and mental illness. Assists us in becoming tolerant of others needs, both emotional, spiritual and physical. Balances and strengthens the heart and circulatory systems.

Kyanite. Useful for bridging the gap between the spiritual and the physical, Kyanite can be used in meditation, for manifesting, to reach the higher vibrations of the subtle bodies and to assist with attuning to the spirit guides.

Lapis Lazuli. A sacred stone of the Egyptians, associated with self-confidence, protection and inner tranquility. Spiritually strong and good for meditation. Induces mental calm, develops intuition, increases psychic ability and opens the throat for self-expression. It also eases anxiety, restlessness, insomnia and shyness. Thought to be useful in regulating the thyroid gland, to reduce blood pressure, to strengthen the skeletal system and help with problems affecting the neck and throat.

Lepidolite. A gentle, soothing stone with powers to help the emotions, stability and inner mind balance. Gently eases intense, destructive feelings, such as stress, fatigue, emotional trauma, depression, paranoia, self-doubt, anxiety, addictions and worry.

Malachite. A powerful healing stone. Aids healing of the internal organs, stomach, kidneys, liver, lungs, the immune system and the blood. Said to reduce tension and stress and be protective against radiation as it absorbs bad energy, and is also excellent for travel sickness. Aids in tissue regeneration. An all over balancing stone and thus aids restful sleep.

Moonstone. Balances the emotions and increases intuition. Brings peace and harmony, and provides balance with moon cycles, such as, menstrual and bio-rhythm. Good for providing feminine energy and emotional stability. Absorbs illness and pain, and draws us toward the spiritual energies. Good for anxiety, stress, feminine sexuality and childbirth.

Moss Agate. Good to use with depression, or mental and emotional imbalance. Helps blood sugar balance, infections, allergies, anorexia and other dietary problems. Brings balance and self-confidence by emphasising positive personality traits.

Obsidian. Holds back negativity by repelling negative thought, and is used as a protection stone for sensitive or psychic people. Connects the mind and emotion, dispersing negativity and stress. Balances the digestive and intestinal systems. Gentle and calming as well as strong and protective. Helps us understand others.

Onyx. Helps with guidance over emotions and passions, enhancing self control. Teaches us to master the self and stimulates decision making.

Opal. The gem of love, faith and creativity. Works on the endocrine system and enhances physical and emotional balance and intuition. Promotes friendship and responsibility.

Peridot. Helps us to promote personal freedom and detach ourselves from others. Helps to reduce depression, stress, anger and jealousy. Said to work on the glandular system and to help detoxify and stimulate the liver and skin.

Pyrite (Iron Pyrites). Used for focusing the mind, logic, memory and clearing extraneous thought. Also strengthens the will. Aids the digestion, stomach and intestines, improves the circulation, prevents and cures ulcers, and wards off depression, anxiety and frustration.

Quartz (Clear Quartz) Crystal. Good for general healing, meditation and intuition. The stone of wisdom and emotional stability. Increases the speed of healing. Works at all levels of the mind, body and soul, bringing us closer to our higher selves.

Red Coral. Acts as a balance for the emotions and improves the body's energy levels. Aids fertility and strength. For maintaining enthusiasm and for longevity in thought, deed and life. Helps with fever, breathing, colds and digestive problems. All coral works to regulate physical strength and is good for muscles, blood, the heart, the reproductive system, thyroids, metabolism, the spine, bones and also aids tissue regeneration.

Red Jasper. Used for solidity and grounding because it balances the base chakra. Strengthens internal organs like the liver, lungs, gallbladder and bladder. Stimulates the sense of smell as well as our immune system and promotes general healing.

Rhodochrosite (Rhodocrosite). Strong, loving stone towards life and others. Helps with insecure feelings and is a powerful healing stone. Physically good for stomach and eye problems and works well with the liver and against cancer. Creates feeling of peace and emotional balance and heals emotional trauma. Enhances mental abilities and is a powerful love attractant (careful use advised).

Rhodonite. Said to be helpful with self-confidence, security, kindness and patience. Has a calming effect on the nervous system, soothes nightmares and gives emotional support. It eases stress, reduces anxiety and help us cope with heartache and loss. Good for students because it aids learning and improves the memory, reducing uncertainty and confusion.

Rose Quartz. Rose Quartz is a delicate soft pink colour, the stone of unconditional love, beauty and peacefulness. It dispels negativity and tension. Helps to open the heart for forgiveness of others, giving and receiving, self-love and promotes emotional balance and healing. Good for the circulation and for fertility.

Ruby. Attracts love and wealth. Good heart stone for the blood and circulation. Helps with self-confidence and decision making. Makes one feel worthy of love, protects against unhappiness and nightmares, harm and illness.

Rutilated Quartz. A strong conductor of healing energy. Induces mental, emotional and physical stability. Helps resist ageing and general cellular breakdown. Said to be good at helping combat depression and getting to the root of an emotional or physical problem.

Selenite. Aids mental focus, growth, luck and spiritual insight. Good for the spine and nervous system and also soothes emotions, expands sensitivity and field of awareness.

Smoky Quartz. Good for grounding and for meditation enhances awareness and insight. Protects against negative energies and radiation. A general relaxer, sedative, that also dissolves stress as well as general pain. Provides security when there is an emotional risk to failure and during meditation.

Sodalite. Helps with logic, clear thinking, ideas, communication and truth. Provides protection against negative energy, distress and mental anguish. Good for pancreas, endocrine system and lymphatic system. It helps combat internal conflict or insomnia and is good for neck, mouth, hearing and blood pressure. Generates courage and creative expression.

Sugilite. Helps coordinate the left and right sides of the brain. A very protective stone used to absorb and dissolve anger and hurt. Helps alleviate depression and insecurity brought about by technology, brings peace of mind and balance to the nervous system.

Tektite. May have been created by the boiling rock thrown up by impacting meteorites millions of years ago. Helps us tune into the universe and our past lives and to explore our own sensitivities.

Tiger Eye. For the practically minded person. Brings optimism, attracts wealth, builds confidence and offers protection. Also good for the stomach, digestion, ulcers and the skeletal system. It amplifies thinking and protects against negativity. Enhances psychic ability and strength.

Topaz. Stimulates mental clarity and wisdom. Can be used to strengthen the liver, the digestion, the nervous system, hearing and the thyroids. Useful in the healing of wounds, tissue regeneration, mental exhaustion and trauma.

Turquoise. A gentle, cool and soothing stone. Turquoise protects and detoxifies, and is used for clear communication and mental clarity. Good for meditation and spiritual improvement. Physically helpful for skin problems, anorexia, headache, throat problems, breathing problems, asthma, infections, teeth, hearing and high blood pressure.

Right I’ve been out and bought my first spiritual crystal/gemstone. Now what do I do? Well you now need to cleanse your crystal/gemstone. Cleansing is necessary before using any crystal/gemstone for healing. Spiritual crystals and gemstones need to be cleansed as soon as they are purchased. It will have been touched by many people therefore having their energy on it so you will need to cleanse your crystal/gemstone so that it will only hold your energy. There are a number of ways to effectively cleanse spiritual crystals and gemstones, but I feel these methods are the best ones to go with for beginners.

Sea Salt. I like using it on my crystals and gemstones whenever I cleanse them. I highly recommend it for new users of spiritual crystals and gemstones. Salt can be mixed with cool water or used dry. To use salt water, mix a tablespoon of sea salt in a glass or ceramic cup of cold water. Do not use plastic or metal containers. Place the stones in the solution and allow to soak for twenty-four hours. To use dry salt, place the sea salt in a glass or non-plastic container and bury the crystals with the points facing downward into the salt. Leave overnight. When clearing crystal or gemstone necklaces or bracelets it is best to use the dry sea salt method. Be sure to use sea salt only, table salt contains aluminium and other chemicals. For those who live by the ocean, salt water can be brought from the beach in a jar, or gently wash them directly in the ocean.

Earth. Crystals and gemstones may also be buried into the Earth. This is especially helpful when you feel deep cleansing is needed. Outdoors, simply dig a hole the size of your crystal into the Earth, place your crystal or gemstone again point down, and cover with soil. The amount of time needed is personal choice but I recommend twenty-four hours. Be sure to place a marking or where it is to insure you find your crystal or gemstone again! For apartment dwellers, use a flowerpot to bury your stone in.

If you are in a hurry and feel that your crystal or gemstone needs to be cleansed, you can easily run them under cool tap water. Make sure the points are facing down the drain to run the negative energy right down the sink. NEVER USE WARM OR HOT WATER, THIS WILL FRACTURE OR BREAK YOUR CRYSTALS/GEMSTONE!!! Visualize the crystal or gemstone as sparkly, tingly, cold, and belonging to the healer.

I’ve cleansed my crystal/gemstone. Now can I start to use it? Yes you certainly may. But before you can I would recommend another visit to the shop you brought it from and buy a spiral cage to put your gemstone in and a piece of black leather style thread to put on the spiral so you may wear your gemstone as a necklace. It wouldn’t work with a crystal sadly because of the shape. For your crystal I recommend buying a little pouch to keep it in so you’ll have it near you when you want it. Like if you’re out at work, school, college, University etc. But with having your gemstone as a necklace you will be having your gemstone on one of your pulse points, therefore it will work much better and effectively. I am currently doing this with a Garnet I bought today (7th April 2007). But if you wouldn’t like to do that, then it’s fine. You can do the pouch method for that too. Just don’t mix your crystals or gemstones together. This will cause them not to work as well because some of their properties clash while others mix. Most of the time crystals or gemstones like to have their own energy though. Hehe!

Is their anything else I can do to make my stone more powerful? To be honest I don’t really know. I haven’t learnt that much yet. All I have written is what I know. I will be updating this every now and again when I learn more, and I will be answering peoples questions if any are asked. Please do ask if there is something you would like to know about the spiritual crystals and gemstones. I’m happy to help as much as I can.

Well that was my mini guide on spiritual crystals and gemstones. Hope it was understandable and most of it right. also enjoyable to read and educational. It’s just odds and sods I’ve picked up over the years so it’s not expert. If anyone else knows lots about spiritual crystals and gemstones I’d love to hear from you coz I might need your advice sooner or later. Hehe! Anyways I got all the information on the spiritual crystals and gemstones from this website… http://www.distanthealer.co.uk/crystals_healing_1.htm and some off information for the cleansing techniques from http://www.about.com/

Thanks for reading.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #2
claireyfairy
(`・ω・´)

I am currently:

Oooh I used to collect them when I was into Wicca, my favorite was heamotite, I just liked the black and shinyness =]

[every beginning is also an end]

Old 03-06-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
Field Of Paper Flowers
Random Hero

Hehe. I had a heamotite ring, but earlier this week it broke. =( Was only £1.50 anyways. Can easily be replaced. XD

Old 03-06-2007, 11:02 PM   #4
BASKETCASE
OvErDoSeD oN sEnTiMeNt AnD pRiDe

I am currently:

always been curious bout such things, mite print this out

LoOp ViR eWiG iN dIe StRaTe VaN gEbRoKe DrOmE

Old 03-06-2007, 11:09 PM   #5
Field Of Paper Flowers
Random Hero

Glad to see you see it useful. Happy readings with it. X)

Old 03-06-2007, 11:10 PM   #6
BASKETCASE
OvErDoSeD oN sEnTiMeNt AnD pRiDe

I am currently:

thank you :)

LoOp ViR eWiG iN dIe StRaTe VaN gEbRoKe DrOmE

Old 03-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #7
*Scarlett*
R.I.P Mum

I am currently:

I have a few. Me and a friend really like them.

I've been having a bad week and she gave me a large heart shaped rose quartz. I love it.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #8
Taff
Verklighetstrogen

I am currently:

Pyschosomatic anyone?

Not to be dismissive of these but on a serious note, do many people actually believe these have any other effect except pyschosomatic influences?

Old 04-06-2007, 12:58 AM   #9
Field Of Paper Flowers
Random Hero

I don't know what to believe with them. Sometimes I believe they work and sometimes I don't. It just depends on my mood. I've found my Garnet stone has worked for me every now and again, but then again it could just be my mind tricking me.

Is still a great hobbie to have and know though. =)

Old 14-08-2008, 09:36 PM   #10
KrissyInterupted
Uk

Im Interested In Them Too, I Say Interested But I Dont Have Any Or Anything Just Am Interesting In Like Spiritual Healing Stuff Like Reiki, Eft And Stuff :)

Old 20-01-2014, 02:15 AM   #11
Yogibear

Crystal cleaning

I have a crystal bracelet got about 10 years, I started to wear it four years ago when I was having mental problems, it heals me and I was able to get back to normal emotional state. I keep wearing after I'm healed because it help me to concentrate and stay energized. It had help me a lot at school, work and social gathering. However, about two and a half years ago, I start to feel angry and full of hatred when I'm wearing the crystal bracelet. I even slam things and kick things around, so I stop wearing it. I tried to wear it again last year around summer and I start to get angry again. I tried to wear it in the past few days and the same thing happen again, I feel angry and full of hate. I really need to wear it because I'm having a hard time to concentrate lately.

It is because my crystal is full of negative energy and needs to be clean, if it's the problem, how can I clean it?
Or is it because my energy changes and the crystal bracelet no longer get along with my energy?
Or is it because it's drawing spirit to me and I get disturbed be them?

Can someone knows a lot about crystal healing help me?

Old 21-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #12
tiredout
lost

I am currently:

I had some stones years ago which are probably still in the house somewhere but I do not believe in any of the spiritual stuff people associate with them or crystals, I had them more because they were cool at the time and my then girlfriend had the same ones.

My mother in law has a shop which sells all these and more and gives them to my kids all the time which drives me up the wall because there are now a ton of them in my house and my 2 year old will give you gravel and say it’s a ‘pecial tone’, which is cute - the first time…

Old 21-01-2014, 10:15 AM   #13
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Oh wow, this thread is even before my time!

Old 21-01-2014, 10:25 AM   #14
tiredout
lost

I am currently:

In the world of the internet its pretty much an ancient text

Old 21-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #15
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredout View Post
In the world of the internet its pretty much an ancient text
Look mummy, look daddy I found a fossil!

Old 21-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #16
Field Of Paper Flowers
Random Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogibear View Post
I have a crystal bracelet got about 10 years, I started to wear it four years ago when I was having mental problems, it heals me and I was able to get back to normal emotional state. I keep wearing after I'm healed because it help me to concentrate and stay energized. It had help me a lot at school, work and social gathering. However, about two and a half years ago, I start to feel angry and full of hatred when I'm wearing the crystal bracelet. I even slam things and kick things around, so I stop wearing it. I tried to wear it again last year around summer and I start to get angry again. I tried to wear it in the past few days and the same thing happen again, I feel angry and full of hate. I really need to wear it because I'm having a hard time to concentrate lately.

It is because my crystal is full of negative energy and needs to be clean, if it's the problem, how can I clean it?
Or is it because my energy changes and the crystal bracelet no longer get along with my energy?
Or is it because it's drawing spirit to me and I get disturbed be them?

Can someone knows a lot about crystal healing help me?
Well if it wasn't cleansed after you bought it then it's nothing to do with it being cleaned... Plus I don't think bracelets work in the same way as the actual stones do. Plus I don't know which stones are on said bracelet to know if it's even anything to DO with calming you...

I think it's just you were feeling bad at the time and have been feeling angry, nothing to do with the stones on the bracelet.

Old 21-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #17
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsssssssss.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Old 25-04-2016, 12:17 AM   #18
Aardbei
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Closing this thread due to the age.

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)