RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 11-10-2014, 02:23 AM   #1
Wowock

Wound Care Question - *May be a little triggering* I think I hit a tendon..

So last year I self harmed, I built up a pain tolerance and one day the norm didn't do it so I go scared and just went deeper. Ever since then that one specific spot in my arm has been hurting occasionally. Unfortunately I relapsed (plz don't preach) and I went kinda a little deep (I have like no fat where I cut and not much muscle at all, also the new spot i went a little deeper in was right by the last one) and ever since that one my arm has been hurting alot worse and alot more often and it feels like its deep in my arm like at the tendon or something. I can't see a doctor no-one in my family knows I cut or anything about my personal life please help is there something I can do!?!

Old 11-10-2014, 07:45 AM   #2
Animad

Really, to be honest, the only thing you can do is get checked out. If you are from the UK and over the age of 16 then the doctors will see you without a member of your family and won't tell anyone due to confidentiality. They'd at very least lose their jobs if they did and it was found out. If you're under the age of 16 and seen to be able to understand what they are saying and appear to take their advice on board, look after yourself and understand what's going on then again, they will usually keep confidentiality. Igf you're from elsewhere then it's pretty much the same but the ages may be altered slightly.

Really it may just be scar tissue thats the problem but it could be another structure so muscle being the most likely or, depending where it is then maybe a tendon (which is just the attachment between a muscle and bone) but without fully examining you we can't tell you what it is and how best to treat it which is why you need to be checked out especially if this has been causing a problem for more than a few days and hasn't resolved.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)