RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 28-09-2014, 09:53 PM   #1
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:
constant nausea after a fall.

On Tuesday evening I fell off of my pony and knocked myself out, when I came round I was still on the floor and had an awful pain in my back. An ambulance was called and I was taken off to hospital, given morphine and had a CT scan and X-Rays which all came back normal. I was discharged and spent the rest of the week resting, went back to work Saturday and for a few hours this morning which I maybe shouldn't have done as I did suffer.
I am still sore and stiff which is to be expected but I have been suffering from constant nausea since. Is this something to be concerned about? im also getting tingling in my feet but as all scans came back clear, I don't know if im just being a hypochondriac?

4 Hugs Given By :
Old 28-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #2
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Is your head hurting? (Not sure if the soreness is just your back or your head as well).

When you're in a lot of pain, you can start to feel nauseous, so perhaps the pain in your back could be causing the nausea?

It does sound like maybe you overdid it going back to work, and you need to rest for a bit now. Maybe see if thing improve after you've had a day or two of rest?

No other sadness in the world would do

Old 28-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #3
UnanimousAnonymous

I am currently:

no my head isn't hurting at all now, had a headache for a while and was pretty sleepy for a couple days but that's cleared now. yeah I guess it could be because of my back, I think I may have to miss tomorrow as I know I need to be ok for uni on Tuesday. There is no way I can miss anymore lectures and its my first meeting with my dissertation supervisor.

Old 30-09-2014, 07:48 AM   #4
Animad

As said, nausea is a sign of concussion and it should go fairly quickly but could last for some time. Really if it's lasting for a while like it is with yourself it is advised that you get checked out again as there is a chance that something may have changed since your accident or that there is something going on which wasn't picked up at the time. It may be nothing and it can be normal but it would be worth getting checked over again just to make sure that everything is ok.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)