RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-07-2020, 08:21 PM   #1
[Luna]

Nightmares/Night terrors

Hi guys,

I'm really struggling at night.
For the last couple of weeks my sleep has been really broken and poor quality (worse so than my usual). As soon as my body starts to drift off to sleep I slip into horrible flashbacks. When I do eventually fall asleep I have nightmares which I often wake up myself up from by screaming and calling out.

The last few days I've been struggling to breathe before the initial flashbacks start and panic that I'm going to suffocate in my sleep.

I'm exhausted, My whole body hurts, it's affecting my relationships and ability to cope. I have zopiclone but I'm reluctant to take it because 1. I don't want to become reliant on it and 2. I'm scared I won't be able wake up when I need to. I don't want to be trapped in the nightmares.

Does anyone have any ideas to help with the nightmares/flashbacks?
Any advice would be really, really appreciated x

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 17-07-2020, 03:18 AM   #2
Auror.
Camden

I wish I knew. I struggle with nightmares and not sleeping well too. It really sucks.

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2020, 10:21 AM   #3
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

I've found something that helps me. It might not be right for you but I'll tell you anyways.

I got a sleep mask that covers your eyes (might not be good if you have darkness or face covering as part of PTSD (took me a looooong tine to be able to tolerate it myself)) but it also has headphones in it that go over your ears (they are flat for lying on).

I play sleep music, rain sounds or other relaxing sounds like a beach. It helps me to fall asleep and the battery is long enough to play all night. I find it reduces my nightmares helps me fall back to sleep calmly if I do wake up from one.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)