RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
bringmeyourbones

I am currently:
Someone help me...

I don't know what to do anymore. I can't take it. RYL is a last resort because nothing else has helped me at all. I used to cut a lot and I was able to stop for a while, but lately the thought of starting again has consumed me. It's taking everything I have to not go back, but it's so hard when that's all I know how to do to deal with things. I'm just so i;oguABRoiurbaijb;gtiuonh'aoioi;ubh;aiobn'oaeirnhg 'on these days. WHAT DO I DO?

bringmeyourbones is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :
Old 29-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #2
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

hey, and welcome to ryl :) hopefully you'll find it and the people here helpful. i did for sure.

what have you already tried to feel better? i don't want to suggest things that you've already tried.

it is super frustrating for me when urges come back after a long time of not having them. i think part of my frustration is the feeling that i'm going backwards, or that i'm not getting better anymore. that i'm back to square one. if you're feeling like this, try your best to remember that fully recovering isn't a straight line of always getting better. there are ups and downs and setbacks and slip ups.. and that is all normal. and all ok, as long as you learn from your mistakes.

did anything happen that may have caused you to get the urges again?

there is a big list of distraction and coping ideas at the top of the Fun and Distractions forum. maybe you could take a look through that and see if any ideas appeal to you.

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #3
musicmad123
my invisible cat thinks you're weird...

I am currently:

hello it sounds like you maybe need to learn some healthier skills to cope with stuff?
I've found it helpful to make a list of things I can do when I'm feeling bad and then when you feel triggered you can just look through the list and find soemthing you tihnk might work, do it, then see how you're feeling and repeat!
Maybe you also need to tihnk about what's making you feel like this if you don't already know, and finding someone to talk to like a counselor to help you get through it

Let the Force be with you
I'm not short, I'm space efficient

musicmad123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)