RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 21-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
DropDead-
No more, i love you's.

I am currently:
Sexual Health - Pregnancy test,

Ok i took a pregnancy test an hour ago and two lines means pregnany and one line means not,anyway,i did it and two lines came up but one of them was very very faint.
Silly question but does it still mean i'm pregnany or not,the instructions didn't exactly say :(

So stand in the rain.
Stand your ground.
Stand up when it's all crashing down.
You stand through the pain.
You won't drown.

One Hug Given By:
Old 21-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
DropDead-
No more, i love you's.

I am currently:

Yeh i was thinking that,they're dear though so i don't know when i'll be able to get any more money until a few weeks.And if i went to the gp,i'd be waiting for an appointment for like two weeks.
Thanks for replying so quick :)

So stand in the rain.
Stand your ground.
You won't drown.

Old 21-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

you can get ones for like £1, you dont have to get brand name ones, or go to a family planning clinic

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Old 21-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
Animad

Yeah, as said, you can get some really cheap ones if you ask at the chemist and they all do the same job. You can also get free ones at walk-in sex health clinics or family planning clinics and they may even be able to talk to you further regarding this. One line and a faint second one could be that the test was a bit faulty or it could mean that you're positive and the amount of hormone in your urine is low or that the amount of pee on the stick wasn't enough. It really is hard to tell but the options are really to seek medical advice or to get another test which, if it turns out positive then you will be pregnant in almost all cases (negatives can be false but positives generally are right, there are a few reasons why they could be out but I won't go into that here) because only when you are pregnant do you have hCG in your urine which is the hormone they are looking for.

Old 21-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
Day Tripper
shannon

I am currently:

I've had one line come up and a pretty faint second line before. After letting the test set for 24 hours or so the second line would disappear... Maybe check the test later?

Old 21-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #6
Animad

I also agree with what's said above for various reasons. Really, whatever you choose to do I'd wait a day or 2 until you take the next test as that may also not be entirely conclusive.

Old 22-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #7
DropDead-
No more, i love you's.

I am currently:

My boyfriend bought me another test last night as we couldn't really wait any longer,and the both the lines were very visible,i also checked back at the previous test and the second line was also very visible :/
Thanks for all your help :)
Now i just need to find out what to do.

So stand in the rain.
Stand your ground.
You won't drown.

Old 22-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #8
Animad

It's likely then that you looked at the first test a bit early. You definately are pregnant at this point by the sounds of it then and so this needs to be discussed asap with your doctor so you can sort out what is going to happen and then things can get rolling. Obviously talk everything through with your boyfriend before you go and then often people find it helpful/ want to take their boyfriend with them to the appointment. The doctor then will also check and will discuss what to do from there. So yeah, I'd discuss it with your boyfriend who obviously knows and book an appointment with your doctors. If you tell the receptionists why then it may get booked in sooned rather than later but it isn't something classed as something urgent so you may be waiting a full two weeks. If you do feel you have any serious problems in the meantime though then phone your doctors again, tell them why and you should be able to get one straight away (but don't lie to them) or go to A&E and they can check you over. These are things like bleeding heavily (not just spotting which sometimes occurs) or severe abdominal pain that will often make you sick or feel really faint, if not faint which is obviously an emergency.

Old 22-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #9
DropDead-
No more, i love you's.

I am currently:

Thanks Animad,i'm booking an appointment today,thanks for all your help. :)

So stand in the rain.
Stand your ground.
You won't drown.

Old 22-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #10
Animad

T'is okay. Hope it all goes well.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)