RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 14-08-2009, 03:47 AM   #1
BrokenSmiles

I am currently:
Do you think you'll regret it?

I've gotten told that my cutting was a stupid idea and I should have never done it in the first place..and that I should regret it or that I'm going to regret it later in life..Honestly I LOVE my scars they remind me of all that I have been through and the strength I had to over come it..I was talking to my grandma the other day and she said that right now thats how I think but when I'm like 80 years old I'll probley look back and think I was so stupid...But how can I honestly think that..when it was a way to cope and it helped me...I just don't think I will ever regret what I did...I guess the point of this is to see who thinks they will and who thinks they won't regret it.

&&She already feels invisible soo it wuoldnt be hard for her to disappear...
It's a ****ed up fairy Tale...&&She's Living It
&&She's been pretending everythings okay like it's her job...And she wants to quit that job and get anew one.
&&She hopes that all the **** she's been through will be worth it in the end
&&shes had her heart ****ed with way to many times.
&&She always has that smile on her face...you know the one that hides all the pain but nobody can tell.

BrokenSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 03:57 AM   #2
rockaroni
Captain Rainbow!!!

I am currently:

No. I don't think I'll regret it. I think there will be a lot of us who grow old with scars. I remember someone asking me about my tattoo, will I regret it when I'm 50, when I'm 80? No. Because it's where I was at that point in my life. To me it all means something. To be honest, when I'm 80 I'm sure my wrinkles will be a bigger issue than my scars.

/drunkpost

Wake me up before I change again
Remind me the story that I won't get insane
Tell me why it's always the same
Explain me the reason why I'm so much in pain.

rockaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 04:34 AM   #3
Beautiful Addiction

I am currently:

I know I wont regret them. People who don't SI just don't understand. Like my mother is trying to force me to get some laser scar removal stuff. She thinks I should be ashamed of them and thinks I always will be.

But I love my scars too.

Beautiful Addiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 04:39 AM   #4
TheHumanCondition
Smile, someone is thinking of you.

I am currently:

I've been told recently that I should be ashamed of my scars as well, that they would hamper my ability to move foreward, but I don't regret my scars. Not at all, it's a daily reminder of what I struggle against. Keep your head up BrokenSmiles, and if they don't bother you don't let other's make you feel bothered about them. (:

It doesn't matter.
We're encased in the struggle of day to day life.
To break free is to ask for help.
Impossible.

TheHumanCondition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 06:04 AM   #5
-Shae-Lynn*
Laugh often. Dream big. Reach for the stars!!

There are parts of this whole thing that I'm not to crazy about and would rather never had happened, but the truth is they did and there was a reason for it. What I did to cope was my buisness. Having that experience completely changed my perspetive on everything. I'm a lot more understanding than I ever would be had I not gone through this.
Some days I'm not a fan of my scars, but they're there and I have to live with it. They help, most of the time. The only reason I have to not like them is because I believe they limit me, when in fact it's my own brain that is doing it.
People who have scars that are from car accidents or getting a malignant tumor removed are often proud because it's a living testament to what they over-came, why should ours be any different?

It's the children the world almost breaks that grow up to save it.
-Frank Warren

-Shae-Lynn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 06:15 AM   #6
foreverXanXaddict
Lauren

I am currently:

i regret my cuts the day after they happen. if i could prevent the scars id cut all the time. so i guess yea i hate them, but they're a lot of why i stopped and dont continue to cut. i regret ever starting, but i wouldnt be who i am if i didnt. its a toughy.

Holdin on to love to save my life.

foreverXanXaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 06:42 AM   #7
Vicky5621

I am currently:

I regret my cuts, but I wouldn't trade them for perfect skin. Mt scars are the reason I found my best friend. They are what is making me evaluate my life and live and to grow into a stronger person. I hate them for the insecurity they bring me but they remind me that yes, I'm alive. I'm here and this is no way to live.
I agree. I regret starting but I don't regret the scars that have been produced by that choice. If I didn't have them, I would be a different person. This is me. And I love it.

I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside.

"Gomenasai for everything. Gomenasai, I know I let you down. Gomenasai til the end, I never needed a friend like I do now. " - Tatu

Vicky5621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 07:01 AM   #8
Chimaera
- oxo -

I am currently:

I've never regretted any of my scars. Both old and new ones. It's really hard to explain because I'm sure those who don't self-harm probably cannot comprehend it. The only time when I feel uncomfortable about my scars is when I donate blood because the nurses really look at your arms and ask about any scars/wounds/etc. I still do not regret them though. And I don't think I ever will.

somewhere beyond the horizon;;
Live. Love. Laugh.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #9
silent-noise
we fear the things we cannot comprehend

I am currently:

wow u guys really dont regret cutting?? and u arent ashamed of ur scars?? thats pretty awe inspiring, everytime i look down at my arm or leg i regret so much what i've done and i want to get rid of them so bad...
how do u live with them?

silent-noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #10
Voldemort

Yes, I do and I always will. I hate my scars and hate that I ever started.

Voldemort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #11
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

I hate my scars... I wish they'd all vanish... just fade away...

I use so many products trying to get rid of them. I hate them... they remind me of things, they alienate me from others...

I don't hide them anymore, I'm not ashamed of them... But I would just prefer them not to be there

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #12
Zedebee
It's okay not to be okay

I don't regret it, and I doubt I ever will.

The only time you will find real light is when you're searching in the dark..

Zedebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 11:01 AM   #13
Emmabob.

I am currently:

I'm only 16 & I regret it already..

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #14
I.Heart.And
~Approachable and fit (apparently)~

I am currently:

I regret it already because the scars look ugly and I didn't take that into consideration enough for the 11 years I was cutting for.
They'll still be there for the next 50 and I'll constantly be judged and at least thought of differently, if not treated, whenever other people see them. Even when I've completely moved on from even having thoughts of self harm they'll be there to remind me of a place I'm no longer at.
I don't think people think enough about the long term effects of cutting when they are actually doing it, at all. I certainly didn't.

I.Heart.And is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #15
Zurg
Evil Emperor

I am currently:

It's a tough one to answer..... I kinda regret having ruined my body to the point of no return. I do wear short sleeves and such when it's really warm and i try to tell myself that it doesn't matter what i look like and it's not anyone elses business, but certain people seem to be of the opinion that i should cover up.

It looks pretty bad. And i look at other people's arms and i get jealous. I know that for the rest of my life people will jugde me on my arms and legs. Some will turn away in disgust, some will become scared of me but some will look past the scars too, and accept me for who i am.

But it doesn't feel nice when people stare because i can feel their eyes on me but i don't know what they're thinking..... To people who don't get to know me i'm just a girl with horrible scars and i try to accept that this is the way i'll be seen for the rest of my life.

But no regrets. There's no point of regretting it. It'd just be another thing i could bash myself in the head with.....

Zurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #16
Left.

Hmmm. I don't regret harming, however i guess to an extent i regret the damage i have done and the fact that people can't see past the scars - but i suppose thats more to do with their ignorance.

You know that saying: "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger". I, personally, used to think it was a load of rubbish. BUT, i now can see how its made me a much stronger person and has changed my outlook on everything - for the good and the bad.

As others have said, i do hate my scars being there and covering them used to take up such a big part of my life, so now i don't (usually) bother...At the end of the day, i now realise they will always be there so i may as well look at them as a positive reminder of what i have come through and its made me the person that i am today.

Left. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #17
espoir

I am currently:

I regret it a lot. I personally HATE my scars. Something if youd have asked me a year ago id never have said.
Its a constant reminder of a past im trying so hard to move away from.
Im currently in the process of getting scar reduction on the nhs, which i am so greatful for.

After all this has passed, i still will remain

After i've cried my last, there'll be beauty from pain

If nothing is ventured, well how can you win?

1 year free

espoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #18
espoir

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barren Gusto View Post
they'll be there to remind me of a place I'm no longer at.
I don't think people think enough about the long term effects of cutting when they are actually doing it, at all. I certainly didn't.
I agree 100%

After all this has passed, i still will remain

After i've cried my last, there'll be beauty from pain

If nothing is ventured, well how can you win?

1 year free

espoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #19
perfect façade
Fun sized !

I am currently:

I regret it....

My scars show me what i have been through, they show i CAN get through things, but i hate the looks i get, the nasty comments, refused jobs etc...
x

12th June 2009.
The day i gave up self harm, self injury and self mutilation.

perfect façade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 06:06 PM   #20
in-a-pickle

I am currently:

I am 14 and i've been SH-ing for a couple of years now. I regret starting in the first place, but the thing is its a fact of what i have been through, and nobody can take that away from me.
Like my signature says: my arms tell a story i can't say in words... its because its true.
I can't explain why i did it at that time, but it did happen. All i have to do is look at my arms and memories flood back.
Yes, i regret starting, but i'm not ashamed of my scars. It doesn't mean i'm proud of them though.
I hide my recent cuts, but i don't hide any scars i have. If a person looks and comments it's their problem. I don't care anymore.

So i'm quite mixed, but i'm not ashamed of my scars, although i regret what i did to myself (and still doing unfortunately)

I hope i helped, and don't be put off by anyone! :)

Pickle

in-a-pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)