RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #1
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:
Scented products!!

So I am wondering what the craze for scenting products is all about!

I opened a pack of tissues today and went to blow my nose and my nostrils were filled with a fake strawberry scent! The strawberries on the packet suddenly became clear. This wasn't to bad but a bit strange.

The more horrifying discovery was scented lady things. I came on to that time of the month this morning and I opened my brand new pack of sanitary towels to be hit by a horrific smell! I think it's trying to be flowers but urgh!! So now I'm wandering around smelling like a chemical factory trying to create cheap perfumes for some pound shop and thinking who the hell thought it would be a good idea to scent them to high heaven!?

So yes tell me your tales of scented woe!

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
Trucktastic
Mother Trucker

I am currently:

I hate it because I'm allergic to most of it. Scented baby wipes... why? And yeah, scented knicker stickers? WTF?

I saw some scented cat litter liners somewhere a while ago. Don't know about everyone else but I just clean out the tray whenever it needs it, why bother?

And scented pens? Really?

I feel your pain!

You don't have to be a monkey to recognize a banana!

Trucktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #3
nowhereman

I am currently:

I like the scented lady things! And scented pens. Maybe I'm just weird. I like nice smells though, I'm a bit obsessed with buying nice shower gels and deodorants and stuff, I love even looking at them in shops. And I have a whole box full of perfumes. Smelly stuff is fun!

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I dont like scented things, as if they are heavily scented they give me a headache and makes me feel sick. I am not as bad as I used to be, but it's a right pain when you get overwhelmed.

I dont use scented litters, as the litter tray gets changed every single day.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 04:46 PM   #5
Anger_Fills_Me

I am currently:
exactly...why??

I have allergies to certain things, especially very smelly products so I understand. But what sense does this make - bought $10 cat wipes...for the dog cause he's 10 and I have to wipe his butt now every time he goes. But my sister accidently bought the SPRING BREEZE scented and my god it is incredibly strong and does NOT smell like any spring breeze I've ever experienced! But how is the animal going to know, they're not. hahaha Seriously!?

Anger_Fills_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 09:06 PM   #6
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

I bought some razors today. Forget what it's supposed to be, but it was scented too! Think it was a tea lilly one.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #7
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

I like some scented items (such as candles and deodorants etc) but I agree they've gone overboard a little (although I have a Jelly Belly scented passport holder for my holiday on Tuesday :P). Funny thing happened with lady feminine products though. I was in the toilets and someone opened such an item and someone else who was obviously in the adjoining stall shouted 'Someone's using Always (I forget the name of them), I have those too!' - all because she recognised the smell -_-

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #8
Killer Queen

I am currently:

Reeeeeaally not into the idea of scented lady products!

Today I was shopping and saw some 'scent booster' pellets for laundry. Sorry but that's what I used fabric softener for? In all fairness they did smell pretty good but I couldn't really justify using them at all.

I do love tissues scented with Olbas Oil though <3

Killer Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 11:41 PM   #9
HopeRises

Ahh smelly gel pens were amazing as a kid.

I have some scented nail varnish/nail foils. I bought them because I liked the pattern and they were going cheap. I thought it was a weird idea tbh.

Scented feminim products don't sound pleasant. The perfum could really affect someone allergic too.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 12:49 AM   #10
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mix Tape View Post
I like some scented items (such as candles and deodorants etc) but I agree they've gone overboard a little (although I have a Jelly Belly scented passport holder for my holiday on Tuesday :P). Funny thing happened with lady feminine products though. I was in the toilets and someone opened such an item and someone else who was obviously in the adjoining stall shouted 'Someone's using Always (I forget the name of them), I have those too!' - all because she recognised the smell -_-
this is one of the funniest thinsg i ever heard. i do not like scented ladythings though. i buy whatever;s cheap but it really creeps me out. then i keep wondering if people can smell it.

scented tissues are also nasty.

i used to love scented pens.

i still love scented candles.

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 02:07 AM   #11
nowhereman

I am currently:

I love those scented bags you put in your wardrobe and knicker draw lol!

Old 18-08-2014, 03:35 AM   #12
crazykat
Fight for another day

I have never even heard of scented tissues or scented sanitary items, seems rather odd to me.

I do however love scented candles and I have scented gel pens, they are awesome

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #13
JusC

I agree with some of the comments ur saying but for me I like the smell of the things we all like which is smell of clean washing, scented candels, washing up liquid and not forgetting thé smell which we all cant live without and thats perfume.

I think having scented smells for everything u but isnt good as only certain things that i listed above are fine but other things u buy what isnt à smell in its self is not worth it. Bringing out more scented smells isnt doing good for bad right now.

Nice to know that we can all use nice smells are advantage from waking up in morning and having à shower with smelling nice that is all good. Though yh if someone is allergic to fragrance shower Gells then that dont work in out favour so its important u get on es without fragrance in them. Thats à bit like me really seem to get on better without fragrance shower gells but u wanna smell fresh thats thé problem. I supposé theres alot of scented smells out there. Also liners and scantary towels are nice smells apart from thé wipes. A

JusC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 07:21 AM   #14
nowhereman

I am currently:

The scented lady things kind of cover the smell of...you know. That's why I like them.

Old 19-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #15
JusC

Yh i can understand but they smell so strong that thé smell gets overbearing. Thats Why déodorants and body sprays are good to have on wherever u go. Nothing else seems to do thé job unless u fresh urself up every second of the day but thats impossible.

I dont know Why everything has to be scented? You can have products im sure which still do smell nice but havent got all thé overbearing chemicels in them. Should always try and use ones wothout added perspectives.

Thé important thing is to keep urself fresh, wear déodorant at all times, keep à body spray in ur bag if u can and always wear fresh clothes. Especially underware what is thé worst of hygiène.

Thats what matters x

Old 20-08-2014, 08:48 AM   #16
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Yeah I understand the scented lady things but this sounds like a very overwhelming scent!!

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #17
JusC

Yh i know what u mean. Thats what i thought. Scented products like déodorants and sprays what are better to keep fresh. I think other things are fine two but those are what world best. Thats what i think.

The only way where u gonna keep clean everday is having shower, using deodrant and carrying body spray if u can in ur bag to keep fresh. Its impossible to do that but thats thé one what does the job. I cant really use fragrance shower gells but non fragrance ones are Nice two.

You have to see whats best for u.

X

Old 20-08-2014, 03:05 PM   #18
nowhereman

I am currently:

Good practical advice JusC. I like to buy mini deodorants for going out and they have new compact ones now which I haven't tried yet as I still have a load of the mini ones to use first.

I guess I never thought about people being allergic to scents. Just make sure to check you're not buying scented stuff I guess. It should say on the packet I assume? Or is that the problem,that it doesn't say and then you get a (bad) surprise? Cos that wouldn't be so nice, so I see where you're coming from if that's the case.

And I do understand about overpowering and overwhelming smells, I have tried some perfumes that just made me want to gag they were so disgusting lol. At least the ones I own are all very pleasant (to me)

Old 20-08-2014, 10:12 PM   #19
JusC

Yh thats it Secrets Hurt. Good to always carry body spray with u. Those body sprays ur on about are really good. I had one of those lol. They are cute and can fit in any handbag. Theres four u can get in a pack and are all différent flavours. I liked thé pink one. What about you? x

The shower gells i use are ususlly ones what have fragrance in them and its not like i cant use them but they do make me itch when i come out of thé shower and thinking it must be that cuz it cant be anything else. I have spécial cream i have to put on m'y legs as i use to have exema and that does make m'y legs itch thé fragrance shower gell but i never get really bad réaction. Should stay away from it.

I do like other smells etc. Perfum i do like as thats the smell whats a winner but perfum is one what says to u which one u like best and can tell what smells u like and what u dont like. They always have a range of scents to chose from. I have the same perfum that i always go with.

You like all différent kinds of scents do u? Maybe u like ones what dont normally go together and are différent. Sweet what goes with Savary. Thoses i think. Some of them can work well. You know.

Wé all like it x

Old 20-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #20
nowhereman

I am currently:

Yeah I usually buy or are given those sets with a few mini deodorants around Christmas, they usually sell them then so it's good to stock up.

I love buying fancy (but cheap) shower gels and trying out new flavours. Some of them are just amazing. I have so many I've bought but keep buying more!

I never really thought about putting different scents together, I wouldn't really know much abut that, I just use what I feel like that day. I usually have a few different shower gels/sprays etc open and just choose which I want to use each day. I am a big fan of variety.

I'm so glad I'm not allergic or sensitive, I've never even thought of that before. I have seen the scent free gels etc though so at least they are available for people who are allergic.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)