RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2015, 11:06 PM   #1
HopeRises

Medications and weight gain

I don't know whether to out this hear or in the MH section so please move if needed.

I have pretty much decided I am going to come off meds (under a dr if they agree) even though I could stop taking them tomorrow I know that would be stupid and I would get incredibly Ill.

I have decided to come off them because I pile on the weight. Granted I eat too much but even when I am in normal daily amount I am still gaining. I have just finished my job where I walked between 8 and 13 k a day on average. I still gained.

My sister who is also pretty much on the same med regime as me has the same problem with trying to lose weight yet constantly gaining it. It seems like losing weight is so difficult but I eat one chocolate bar and I put on the lbs immediately.

I know coming of meds puts me at risk of screwing with my MH, at least to start with. I will be risking a lot but the idea of how much I weigh and how I look, an how the number keeps going up and up and how I am risking myself diabetes etc is making me feel like ****.

I am a personal trainer yet the biggest pt I know. I can not work with clients because who is going to listen to an overweight trainer? I wouldn't and I wouldn't want them working for me either and I know that sounds bad but puts need to be healthy.

I just feel torn. I want to be well, and enjoy being well but I equally don't. Want to feel depressed and scared about my continuing weight gain.

Can anybody help/suggest/sympathy?

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:12 PM   #2
Serendipity.
fabulous.

Sending you love and hugs <3

I don't really know what to suggest, but I'm sorry you're struggling so much with this. Just a thought but would it be worth talking to the doctor about this and see if there's maybe a change in medication or something else that could help with the weight gain rather than deciding to come off them completely?

I hope that things go okay. I wish I had something more helpful to say! ILY xx

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:15 PM   #3
Aardbei
Forum Mod

I am currently:

I was going to say what Hannah said! There are other medications that may not have such a big issue with the weight gain. I can really understand where you're coming from though and if your doctor thinks it's the right time, there's no reason you won't be able to manage it. Thinking of you x

Aardbei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:22 PM   #4
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I'm sorry you're feeling so frustrated with your medication. I say medication, because its not you. You do not need to feel guilty. A lot of meds do, annoyingly, play with your metabolism, however I wouldn't come straight off your meds as you know yourself, you will become very unwell. I agree with everyone else on asking your GP is there is a different medication he can suggest.

Be kind to yourself sweetheart.
x x x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 11:19 PM   #5
HopeRises

I have made an agreement that I am going to try and eat properly and healthily and if I still haven't lost weight by Christmas then I a, going to change/come off meds.

I am quite curious coming off them to see if I can cope though as I have been on them for at least 5 yrs. don't get me wrong the meds have been a god send but yeah. I just can't afford to keep gaining weight. I am so scared about getting type 2 diabetes and things.

Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in

HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 02:29 PM   #6
EyelinerAndCigarettes

I am currently:

I think giving it till Christmas is a realistic plan, rather than jumping in at the deep end & cutting out your meds. Perhaps making a meal plan might help you? I sure if you do a quick google search, NHS will have a template.

x x x

EyelinerAndCigarettes is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)