Live Help

View Poll Results: Is it weird not to have sex before marriage?
Yes 12 16.22%
No 55 74.32%
MOAR LESBIANS 17 22.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 20-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #61
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelspit View Post
Would totally buy all that if people didnt get divorced at the drop of a hat nowadays.

I think if a person is untrustworthy, and is going to play with your feelings/cheat on you, they'll prove that eventually, married or not.
But if youre religious which is what I was talking about chances are you wouldnt get divorced.

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
My spoken words.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #62
Pi.R^2
I always have a choice

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone View Post
But if youre religious which is what I was talking about chances are you wouldnt get divorced.
"I hate divorce says the Lord" Malachi 2 I believe! God, I'm such a geek.

I think divorce is also becoming more common among religious adherents too though. And the Catholics always have the annulment get-out-of-jail card!

We may not see eye to eye, but we can respect each other's opinions and find the truth in them.
Perhaps in those honest conversations, instead of demonising each other,
we might see each other as imperfect humans, doing our best. ~ Jodi Picoult

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #63
xxhappydaysxx

I am currently:

My best friend is getting married in the summer and she hasn't had sex, and won't until she is married. I have spoken to her a lot about it, and she said that her marriage is between her, her husband and God, so coming together as one person is sort of infront of God, and she would feel it would be a sin to sleep with her fiance before the wedding.

I find it a little strange, mainly cos the idea of God watching me get it on, feels a bit bizzare, i would have thought he'd much prefer to be elsewhere.

However, I went to a CofE school, and know of quite a few people who won't have sex until they are married. I think its personal choice. The people I know have made that choice for religious reasons, but I agree some people wait for other reasons.

"If only everyone could know and live with their inner craziness…people would be fairer and happier."
Paulo Coelho

xxhappydaysxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #64
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissa View Post
Lol, that sounds awesome! Are all four counted as legit legal marriages?
I really don't know. I wasn't around at the time. I know they got courthouse married and the others were all religious. They had to make everyone happy, see?

But they were really really married at the end of it. Except for the people who still weren't happy.

Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #65
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Awakening] View Post
it's just so personal and intimate and so to me it seems unwise to allow that access to someone who doesn't mean a lot to you.
Just because you're not married doesn't mean a person isn't important to you though!
Marriage is a symbol, and a legality. Getting married doesn't immediately make you love someone any more than the day before you got married.

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

effervescence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #66
Rafiki

I am currently:

I was brought up with the idea to wait to have sex until the first night of the honeymoon after you were married. Of course, I ignored my parents' advice :P

Rafiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #67
Cacoethes
¡Viva la Revolución!

I am currently:

My parents never spoke about sex.

You can see how that went....:p

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #68
baggyjeans

I am currently:

It's not weird to wait. I have loads of Christian friends who have waited. I didn't though and I don't think it would have worked for me to wait as I needed to know it'd work sexually before marrying him because of past issues. If you are a devote christian you should definitely wait though!

baggyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #69
theferret

I am currently:

From a personal view I do find it a bit odd, but then I am a strong non believer in religion and marriage. In my mind you do not need religion to have good morals and having morals does not mean that you should refrain from sex but I am also a believer that sex is something that shouldn't jump into. I am friends who have a variety of types of sexual relationships but they are all relationships and safe and happy so that's all good.

I think what's am trying to say is people should never jump into bed for the sake of it but neithere do they need to be married to have sex as in my mind it is an outdated concept anyway

theferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #70
persephoneginger

I am currently:

I was raised christian so I was, once upon a time, super paranoid about these things. But [SAFE] sex is so amazing, and I feel, important in a relationship. So say you wait. You love the person, they love you, you get married. And then when you finally get intimate you find that you have no real sexual chemistry... Then what? Of course there's things you can do to try and create some, but there's so much to experience... Why limit yourself when it comes to pleasure?

"Those who wish to sing always find a song."

persephoneginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #71
persephoneginger

I am currently:

To each their own though, of course!

"Those who wish to sing always find a song."

persephoneginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #72
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:

My parents never mentioned sex either.

I personally dont think it is weird.

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

Please do not pm me without permission as I find getting PMs very stressful.

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #73
Day Tripper
shannon

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone View Post
I know a lot of guys who have waited until well into their 20s to have sex, I think women are more likely to admit it.
Same, Liv. Most of my friends that waited were guys.

Day Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #74
theferret

I am currently:

I was sure I posted earlier but I can't see it which either means I didn't post or I am being blind.

Anyway, personally I am usually very open minded but I do find this a bit odd. I think marriage is a bit of an outdated concept tbh and just because I am not married does not mean that my 14 year relationship is any less "good" than anyone else's. I do not feel the need for marriage and therefore the concept of no sex before marriage seems very alien to me, not because I think everyone should shag around but because I don't think anyone needs to have a wedding to confirm their relationship.

theferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #75
TheSunWillRise
"Cool Beans!"

I am currently:

I was brought up in a household where sex before marriage wasn't a big deal if it was with someone you really cared about. However me and my guy have decided to wait until we are married to have sex which isn't going to be for a few years still with planning and all... anyways, I don't think you are weird at all and I don't think it's weird to wait.

“There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.” -Edgar Allan Poe

TheSunWillRise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #76
Embles

I am currently:

My ship on this subject sailed a few years ago now!
But I don't think its wierd whatsoever. One of my housemates is waiting till marriage, but she does find it tough sometimes, thats more because she lives in a houseful of girls in relationships and shes single, rather than the sex aspect.
However I find sex a very important part of my relationship, and feel it would be completely different between me and my boyfriend if we didn't sleep together.

We’ve got obsessions
I want to erase every nasty thought that bugs me every day of every week
We’ve got obsessions
You never tell me what it is that makes you strong and what it is that makes you weak.

Embles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #77
Zizimelia

I am currently:

Nope. It's just not so common these days. But that doesn't make it awkward.

Zizimelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #78
squirrelspit

I am currently:

on a side note.. i really admire anyone that can go out and get drunk with their partner and not get them home and engage in messy drunken sex.

self restraint win.

squirrelspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #79
Ballerina123
XXX

I am currently:

I want to ask a sex question but I need to put it in one of thoes boxes coz it's rude. Lol
How does one make a little box thing?

The average,
well-adjusted adult
gets up at 7.30am feeling just plain terrible.

Call me Kate.

I have dyslexia so please excuse my poor spelling and sometimes poor understanding.

Ballerina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #80
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

I'm Christian, so not weird. And I wouldn't...before marriage. But I know my sister has (who is probably stalking this and cringing) and my parents did because mum was engaged before and dad was married before...

Frankly, I don't know many young people who are very religious; there are no young guys that come to my church, and there are only a handful of people my age.

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)