RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2020, 05:51 PM   #1
sophie.ashworth

I am currently:
Lockdown demotivating

I live by myself and have found my depression creeping up on me. When people ask how I am, no matter who it is, I lie and make up activities when in reality I’ve probably been sat in my pjs watching tv. I can’t motivate myself to even shower most days
Is anyone else like that? Any tips?

Help me live not just survive.

Old 11-08-2020, 06:15 PM   #2
nonperson

I am currently:

Hey, sadly yes I can relate, I'm very much the same. I live alone too and struggle with motivation to do most things.

I find setting a routine helpful. Like, if I get up in the morning and get showered straight away I'm more likely to then do the washing up or a bit of tidying first before sitting down in front of the tv. Once I've sat down it becomes even harder to get up again, or I find the energy very late in the day so getting into a good morning routine kind of sets up the rest of the day or at least makes it feel like something productive has been achieved even if it's just a small task. Would that sort of thing help?

Old 16-08-2020, 10:16 AM   #3
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Give yourself credit, perhaps consider if you need to rest.

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

Old 30-12-2020, 08:44 AM   #4
Areba21

It also helps to chat and make plans with other individuals, too. It doesn't have to be huge plans, but it can be very helpful to just text someone and say, 'Hey, I haven't eaten today, do you want to go out for food?' If you live by yourself but have parents who can sometimes feed you, it can help to go home for a meal. I've just been going home lately and watching Hannibal with my dad like once or so a week.

"eat a healthy meal"eat a healthy meal"Hey, I totally did that, I should give myself credit for that."Hey, I did that completely, I should give myself credit for that.

Old 02-01-2021, 06:31 PM   #5
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Closing due to age. Sophie, feel free to PM me if you would like this reopening at any point.

No other sadness in the world would do

Closed Thread

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)