RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 18-02-2013, 04:56 AM   #1
Dramaholic74

I am currently:
Relapse

After seven months clean, I relapsed two nights ago. Now the urges are almost always there and I just don't know what to do.

I'm so mad at myself. I can't talk to anybody about it because I don't really have anyone that can actually help me. I feel stuck.

Breathe...

Dramaholic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 18-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
livinginshadows1

I am currently:

hey, what caused you to relapse? was there any trigger? and as for the urges you just have to try and keep yourself distracted, you can pm me if you need someone to talk to, i can't guarantee i will help but I can try

livinginshadows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

Hi there,

Sorry you're struggling so much right now.

As mentioned above it might help to determine what it was that caused you to relapse? Write a list of things that may have triggered you and try to avoid them in the future?

Also, well done for making it seven months, that's really good. Don't let the relapse cloud the good work you did :) it doesn't take that away from you.

If you ever need to talk, please feel free to drop me a PM.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
Dramaholic74

I am currently:

Thank you for the kind replies. (:

I'm not sure what caused the triggers. I've been feeling depressed the past few days, so maybe that's why. But other than that, I don't know. Everything in my life has been pretty good. I wish I could figure it out.

Breathe...

Old 18-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #5
DontLookUp
Saffyx

I am currently:

Firstly, well done on 7 months. That is honestly amazing, and I'm really proud of you for that. Its a really big achievement.

Relapsing is part of recovery and does not mean that what you have managed is any less of an achievement or that it has all been for nothing. Don't beat yourself up over it, I really believe you can do it again. We all fall, but now you have to make the decision to pick yourself up and keep fighting.
You can learn from relapsing, like was said, try think what was the trigger that specific time and from there try to see if there are ways you can prevent it.
Is there anything that has been helping keep you distracted when you have urges or something different you can try?

♥ .I'm going to fall like I don't need saving. ♥
...My smile's just the armour I built when I was alone...

There was some part of me that hurt so badly, that I wouldn't ever be able to forget it.
It faded but the memories could bring it back any second, keeping me in the moment.
It would never fully heal. I could never really be free. I could never really be fixed.
Now I just have to work out how to live whilst being broken.
I feel like I'm dying.

DontLookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 02:02 AM   #6
Dramaholic74

I am currently:

Thank you all so much for the replies.

I think I'll sing. I've always loved singing..It's something I'm good at and something that could distract me. And I think I'll start keeping a journal, too. It's just hard. I'm not in therapy or anything, even though I know I should be and the guidance counselor at school doesn't help.

Last edited by Dramaholic74 : 19-02-2013 at 02:07 AM. Reason: I clicked "Post" before I was even finished.

Breathe...

Old 19-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
freakangel
Michelle

I am currently:

Do you think that you could look into therapy outside of school? Through like the local mental health department. I've found personally therapy helps me maintain, I know I can once a month, bounce ideas off of someone else, that can help point out my flaws in thinking and show me how to change them. I dunno just my experience. I hope you find something that helps you soon. If you need anything I'm here for you.

Is there some meaning to this life?What purpose lies behind the strife?
Whence do we come, where are we bound? These cold questions echo and resound through each day, each lonely night.
We long to find the splendid light that will cast a revelatory beam
upon the meaning of the human dream.

If you ever need anything I am only a message away

freakangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #8
Dramaholic74

I am currently:

I'm definitely going to look up therapy outside of school. It's just difficult because my mother found out last year, but never got me therapy. My guidance counselor pushed for it more than she did, and that kind of hurt. But I know that it was my fault as well for refusing to go. I think I'm ready to go now, though. I only wish I was 18 so that I could do it by myself.

Breathe...

Old 21-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #9
PassedExpectations
a mirror that reflects it

I am currently:

i can see why it would hurt that your mom wasn't real motivated to get you therapy... it could easily seem like she doesn't really care about you. however, there are other reasons she might not have pushed for it, like that she doesn't understand SH and has misperceptions about it, that she can't face the idea of her child struggling this much, or fear that taking you to a therapist would prove that she has been a failure as a parent, or that she will get blamed for everything... obviously, i don't know your mom, but there are other reasons she might have behaved like that...

this is my magical medicine cabinet. Left to right they contain: courage, hope, calmness, and strength.

The magical part: They NEVER run out, so borrow some any time you want.

PM me anytime, I love getting messages :)
Katie

PassedExpectations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 02:53 AM   #10
Dramaholic74

I am currently:

I know she definitely cares, and I'm lucky to have such an awesome mom. I just wish I knew why I felt this way and everything.

Breathe...

Old 22-02-2013, 05:39 AM   #11
talaiporia
Chat Mod

I am currently:

Have you thought about trying to have a 'proper chat' with her, explain how you're feeling and everything that's going on right now for you?

It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #12
Patent Pending
★ Katie ★

I am currently:

I think looking for therapy outside of school might be helpful.

Also, it's an idea to have a 'proper chat' with your mom and try to explore how you're feeling and what's happening with you.

x x x

It's the ups and downs of living life this way. Promise me you'll never go away. Just stay with me through one more night because it's always darkest before the light and now I promise you I'll never turn away. I won't let you give us one less heart to break...

Patent Pending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #13
Dramaholic74

I am currently:

I've been researching therapy outside of school for a couple of days.

I wish I could have an actual talk with my mom, but she and my dad usually just think I'm being over dramatic and yell at me to stop.

Breathe...

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)