RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 07-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
babii.blu.eyes.
So ToGeThEr YeT sO bRoKeN uP iNsIdE

I am currently:
my psych ended our relationship! help?

i been going to this chick from CASA (center against sexual assult)and today she goes 'well im breaking this relationship because i have a child at your school and it will become awkward' for f***s sake. she is a psych. it shouldnt make a diff if she has a child at my school or not. plus. from what i gathered her child isnt even in senior school and i dont even know really anyone under year 9. what the f*** is she on. for the first time in my life i had thought that maybe. just maybe. i could let myself learn to trust a psych or any person other then a VERY close friend. but she killed that for me. just like so many have before. she left me. just like everyone else seems to do. i feel incredibly alone, insecure, abandoned. everything is so mixed up and ive run out of places to turn to. ive run out of places i can go to a safe and trusted person and just cry and let it out. i just cant fight all this by myself. but when i try and get help. everyone leaves. so **** it. i will just pretend to be perfect for the rest of my life.
she dropped me.
she doesnt want me
she hates me.
i dont knoww where to go anymore. ive run out of options.
my mom said shes being unprofessional about it or some sh**.
help?.

we are broken - we are confused - we are scared..
together we survive - together we make it through..
aNnA~eLiZaBeTh
GeMiNi~BaBy

babii.blu.eyes. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
PaperClip
Every Diamond Has Its Flaw!

I am currently:

I think she is being totally harsh on you. Im really sorry that this has happen, who are we supposed to trust these days.

I dont really know much about psych's etc.

But a BIG HUG none the less!

PaperClip

StillBroken is my cool lil sis!!! - surprising mystery is my uber-cool monkey!!!zowie is my lil sis !!!!- LetDeathEmbraceUs is my Wolfie !!!
BrokenKisses is my DizzyCandyFloss !!! rachel487 is my lil sis !!! nuttergirl is my kool neice !!! CrazyKat is my book buddie !!!
NO MATTER HOW BAD YOU FEEL - ONE NICE PM TO SOMEONE NEW A DAY HELPS!!! TRY IT!!!

PaperClip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
babii.blu.eyes.

I am currently:

thanks. im really not sure who i can trust or where to go now. im not sure of anything.

aNnA~eLiZaBeTh
GeMiNi~BaBy

Old 07-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #4
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Hey Miss Anna,

Firstly; don't let her poor professional manner affect you personally. The reason she gave you is (in my opinion) not really good enough, but I guess she is trying to maintain confidentiality or something? It's really stupid, and I think you should complain to someone. However, it does not mean that she hates you. There's no evidence for that.

You have been doing *so* well by going and seeing the people at casa -and I'm so very proud of you- can you not talk to someone else there?

Don't let this ruin your trust in other people love, I know it's hard but she's not worth that at all! I can really understand why you're feeling so insecure, but you've still got RYL here for you, and of course me, so you're not alone *squish*

I wish I could say something of more use, but you're not in the wrong here so try not to let it affect you. Take a rational view of it; she's unprofessional and she's dropped you because of her daughter attending your school, nothing personal against you. I know your mind's probably going to jump up and say that she does hate you, but a)whocares? and b) I highly, highly doubt that. You're awesome =]

Don't try and do it on your own, though. I really suggest you try and find some more support for you, you deserve it so much.

Love x

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
pixie*lyssie
Lyssie =) xx

I am currently:

Heya like the others have said, she's being totally harsh and shouldn't have done what's she's done for some rediculous reason that her kid goes to the same school as you. I find that to be rather UN professional. Can you ask to speak to anyone else at the casa like Aimee said, I think it might still help you. She doesn't hate you sweetie she's just being narrow minded. I'm here if you need me.
xx

Someday I'll wish upon a star
and wake up
where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
away above the chimney tops
that's where you'll find me
http://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1002&dateline=1227381  259

pixie*lyssie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
stumpy davies

I am currently:

This is common it is what is known as a personal connection, But she should have signed you over to another Psych, for her to fail to do this is wrong. The reason I know about this is that I can't see one of the local CPN's due to a personal connection, I good friends with His much younger sister. I also had a similar situation with My personal Adviser at the jobcentre: He wasn't allowed to continue to be my personal advisor & had to declare to his boss a personal interest, mind you it is because we started courting as a couple, but in declaring that he had a personal interest I was signed over to a new Personal Advisor. I think the same should happen with the likes of your Psych, if that doesn't happen on it's own I think you should ask as you have rights hun. Hope this helps you to make a decision, if they do give you a new Psych try not to let your bad experience get in the way, I know it might be difficult but we're all here ok hun x.

stumpy davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:00 PM   #7
The Midnight Crazies
100% Honesty

I am currently:

Relationship? I hope she only means a professional relationship but it doesn't sound very professional 'I'm gonna break up the relationship' anyway...

Marte

The Midnight Crazies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:06 AM   #8
~invisible~girl~

She doesn't hate you, and she's not being unprofessional for saying she can't go on seeing you cause of having a kid at your school. She actually has an ethical obligation as a psychologist to avoid "dual relationships" which includes basically any time where she'd encounter a client in a different role than as a therapist - even if it's just as the parent of another kid at your school. If she were to see you at some school function, even if you don't know her kid, that would be a potentially awkward situation for both of you, and she's trying to avoid allowing something like that to happen.

That said, I personally think that she should have gone on seeing you anyway, since it's such a distant relationship through school, but it's up to the individual therapist where to draw the line, and it's definitely nothing personal against you.

But she also has an ethical obligation not to abandon you. That means she shouldn't stop seeing you until she's transitioned you to another therapist who's in a better position to treat you. That means she's supposed to refer you to another therapist, and keep seeing you for a while after you start seeing the other therapist, and reduce the frequency of your sessions together until you've established a relationship with the new therapist and everyone involved feels it's appropriate for you to stop seeing the old therapist. She shouldn't just tell you she can't see you anymore and not make sure you continue to get the treatment you need. In the US therapists can actually lose their license for doing that.

Emily

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This Is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

~invisible~girl~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:11 AM   #9
babii.blu.eyes.

I am currently:

hey. it is ONLY a professional relationship. thats it.

aNnA~eLiZaBeTh
GeMiNi~BaBy

Old 12-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #10
romancandle
And all you want is sleep/But all you get it pills

I am currently:

I'm assuming you're in the UK or some different country. Tell me if I'm wrong. I'm just making that assumption, because I had a different experience.

I live in the US. My first therapist was a man who actually went to church with my father. I was 13 at the time. My therapist also had three kids, two of which were around the same age as me. I did manage to go to church with my father a couple times, and I did interact with my therapist's kids. Of course, we never talked about the therapy, in fact they probably never knew I was getting therapy from their dad. I sure as hell didn't want to say anything about it.

So your situation is quite weird to me. Perhaps it could be the different countries we're in [if we are in different countries, that is]. Perhaps it is a psychiatrist or therapist's person choice if they feel uncomfortable about the situation. But here's the deal...patient confidentiality. If she keeps her mouth shut to her kid that you're even a patient [like my therapist probably did], there should be no problems. Maybe she thought you'd try and talk to her child, which is completely stupid sounding.

To be blunt, I don't think your doc explained herself well. Everything is very vague. But dear God, if she "rejected" you that way, **** her! Go find a different doctor. It would be a horrible thing to let this hurt you to such a point that you never want to seek out help again. It seems like a lot of people are here for you. I agree with whomever it was that suggested you look for another doctor there at the same place.

romancandle is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)