Live Help

Forum Jump

Old 31-07-2008, 03:56 AM   #1
mi92186
God Bless

stupid question...

Ok, so, this may sound really stupid, but I have been having a serious problem with dry mouth. I mean, it's not just a little bit where a few sips of water can take care of it. It's major! My tongue feels like I am sucking on cotton 24/7. And nothing seems to work! I have tried sucking on sugar-free hard candy, and chewing sugar-free gum. Those help for a few minutes, but once they are out of my mouth, the cotton comes right back. I have that Oasis mouthwash, and that doesn't do anything. Neither does the Biotene toothpaste. This is driving me absolutely insane! It's actually made me cry quite a few times because I just can't handle it! I'm at a loss as to what to do... I had a thought that it may be my medicine, because I just recently started some new ones. But my psychiatrist is in India right now, so I can't talk to her about it. And I don't think I can go on with this dry mouth much longer. I'm about to cut out my tongue! Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could try? I'm open to anything...

Out of every new cut springs fresh growth

2 Hugs Given By :
Old 31-07-2008, 03:59 AM   #2
BoundNoMore
feeling like a failure...

I am currently:

I'd say post this in First Aid...

We're all in the same game;
Just different levels.
Dealing with the same hell;
Just different demons.

Old 31-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
svenn
i like shiny things.

I am currently:

I'd say call a doctor. In the mean time ice is your friend. It may not be saliva, but it is moisture.

come and join me. then world domination.

mmmwuhahahahahahaha.

i like to commit raoh's (random acts of hugging)

HazardxToxMyselfx3 = sister
hahaugotpunked87 = fairy-god half step sister
Katiebean = pet moose
morbida = third cousin once removed

Old 31-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #4
88shelz
be positive

I am currently:

what new meds have you started?
it is very likely a side effect.
call your doctor or pop into a chemist...most pharmasists are able to advise you on what you should do

Some days are still hard but they make the good days seem all the better :)

Old 31-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
Animad

If it started around the same time as you started on any meds then it may be a side effect as many meds can cause that sort of effect. It's probably a good idea to talk to a doctor to see if they can help

Old 31-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #6
Mango

I am currently:

Usually if a doctor is on vacation, they'll have someone covering for them. Can you try calling your doctor's office and ask for whoever is covering for her to give you a call? Try to get in touch with someone, besides being annoying having a severely dry mouth isn't healthy - it can lead to nasty blister type things and infection.
Good luck!

Old 31-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #7
D-liscious
I wouldn't change the pain for what I've learned

I am currently:

as everyone else has already said, try to contact a doctor or your gp, the information leaflet that should have come in the box with your medication will tell you if dry mouth is a known side effect.

make sure you are well hydrated as dry moouth can be a sign of dehydration also.

and as somone suggested, pop in to your pharmacy, there is a spray we use in the hospital (i cant remember the name sorry) that increases saliva production, i dont know if its avalable over the counter, but no harm in asking

hope this helps

Debbie

reach for the stars

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)