RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-03-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
yoyogirl

I am currently:
Binge eating

Hiya All

I have some fantastic news to tell you and that is i am finally stopping the binge eating issue and I have just told my mum and dad the real reason why I've been gaining weight. I'm going to see my GP tomorrow to discuss things and see what happens next. So hopefully things will improve.
I am so glad they are finally realising that having anxiety, depression and stress is not just about the situation and that they are also recognising the warning signs and symptoms

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 23-03-2016, 05:33 AM   #2
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

That is amazing :)

well done for opening up and reaching out!

the sun

the moon

the truth

Unbreakable. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2016, 02:01 PM   #3
yoyogirl

I am currently:

GP wasn't that helpful as she was dismissive the crap on oh it's normal to feel like this and in the end I just gave up and walked out

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

Old 23-03-2016, 07:56 PM   #4
Insouciance

I am currently:

Oh sweets, I'm so sorry to hear that your GP didn't take your concerns seriously. Please don't loose heart and think that this invalidates them. You are entitled to advice and assistance and it may be worth seeking a second appointment with another member of the practice - it's your body and if you are worried by any issue connected to it then your GP should listen to those concerns and help you find a practical way forward. Could you take one of your parents (or both) with you to offer support and, if necessary, to add their voice to your argument? Please don't give up and please take care of yourself. If you can't face seeing the doctor again then maybe write to them to explain everything and to ask for them to reconsider.

I'll be thinking of you.

R x

Last edited by Insouciance : 23-03-2016 at 07:57 PM. Reason: typo...
Insouciance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:16 PM   #5
yoyogirl

I am currently:

I think i will write a letter and this time hope she reads it and understands its not just once a week normal thing or happens due to one off events its actually something that's related to self harm

Old 04-04-2016, 07:52 PM   #6
yoyogirl

I am currently:

I am doing a lot better this week as i am finally facing my eating issues before i end up enormous, I found out that I have gained a lot and I am not pleased about it but will get there in the end

Old 05-04-2016, 12:28 PM   #7
[pretty on the inside]

I am currently:

Writing a letter sounds like a good idea. I recently had success writing a letter to my doctor and got an appointment with a psychiatrist out of it, so it's definitely worth doing.

xKaylx

[pretty on the inside] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:50 PM   #8
ancote

I have a similar binge eating issue could you recommend me something @yoyogirll

ancote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:19 AM   #9
[Luna]

It's great you're deciding to tackle this issue. I have issues with binge eating so can relate. I'm sorry your GP was dismissive though.

Have you tried looking up self-help resources online?
x

Let us go then you and I, when the evening is spread out against the sky, like a patient etherized upon a table
- T.S. Elliot

[Luna] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2016, 05:58 PM   #10
yoyogirl

I am currently:

I have tried self help material and it just makes the problem seem really minor and doesn't really get to bottom of why I do this to myself.

I have already written a letter to my doctor and she only acknowledged it till recently and I wrote the letter in September.

Last edited by yoyogirl : 14-04-2016 at 05:59 PM. Reason: adding stuff in

Old 14-04-2016, 08:03 PM   #11
Insouciance

I am currently:

Good for you on remaining so positive and determined to succeed. Why not send the second letter to the GP and practice manager to make sure you get a response this time and are not left waiting for any reply. You could mention on the GP's letter that you have sent a copy to the practice manager as that is likely to encourage them to respond, whether by letter or a telephone call. Unfortunately, we often have to fight really hard for help but it will be worth it.

R

Insouciance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 07:35 PM   #12
yoyogirl

I am currently:

Hi All

I am finally on the right road to recovery, I am finally giving binge eating for good and saying goodbye to sweets, chocolates, cakes and crisps and getting away from the comfort eating problem that's affected me for past 6 months.

I was x lbs and now slowly loosing it and I am now x lbs which is good start, I started by cutting out the sugar and added salt in my life, then I started getting rid of the cakes, pastry items and and then got rid of the white bread. I have also swapped eating small snacks and having bran flakes to give me extra long standing energy and I have also started jumping on my bike three times a week, sticking to my 5:2 diet and just being more mindful about what I am eating.

My exercise routine

3 x 27 km on bike
Adult Tap once a week
Walking everywhere, no more catching the bus or getting my parents to pick me up. I am relying on my two feet

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)