RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 02-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
starseeker

I am currently:
Sexual Health - stupid condoms!

So last thursday night/friday morning the condom broke when me and my boyfriend had sex. I took the morning after pill and everything seemed okay. Then last night the condom broke again. I feel hurrendously unlucky but I'm more concerned about what I can do. I've binned that box of condoms and tomorrow I am going to get on the concraceptive pill but I'm worried it might be too late. Tonight I started getting some bleeding although my period is not due until about the 13th June.
Is this just an effect of the MAP or is it some sort of pregnancy womb bleeding thing? Can I still take a pill again in the same week or not?

Someone please help I'm feeling really panicky.

3 Hugs Given By :
Old 03-06-2011, 02:53 AM   #2
effervescence
tired

I am currently:

That is really unlucky. I'm not sure how often you can take the pill, it has a high level of hormones which could posibly be causing the bleeding but I'm not sure as I don't know which pill you took and I think there are a couple of different ones. Best thing is to go to where you got the first pill (pharmacy or GP whereever) and ask them. And buy a different brand of condoms maybe!

Even as the stone of the fruit must break
that its heart may stand in the sun,
so must you know pain.

There are only two ways in which one can live their life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
Dreamergirl

I am currently:

bleeding is a side effect of the morning after pill.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

did you check the date on the condoms?

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Old 03-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
BeautyFiend

I am currently:

This might be a silly question, but are you sure he's putting them on properly?
O_o

Old 03-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
fragile as glass
such a beautiful disaster

I am currently:

I have ALWAYS ''doubled up'' when having sex. I use condoms to protect my sexual health more than anything else and the implant to prevent pregnancy (although I do know that condoms do that).

It means that if the condom splits I'm covered for pregnancy. Is this an idea that you would find useful? It saves the panic of a split condom and the use of morning after pills which can make you feel sick.

I guess this does not help your current problem but if I were you I would go to the sexual health clinic nearest to you and get their advice - you can take the morning after pill up to 72 hours after having sex but vtaking it often isn't good for you.

GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE

Don't let the sphincter's get you down

Old 03-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #7
BeautyFiend

I am currently:

Uh, actually the condom is more likely to split if you 'double up', so I really wouldn't take that advice.

Old 03-06-2011, 11:49 PM   #8
I order you to forgive yourself.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyFiend View Post
Uh, actually the condom is more likely to split if you 'double up', so I really wouldn't take that advice.
I don't think she meant use two condoms, she meant she uses two different forms of contraception at once

Like others have said, your best bet is to go back to the pharmacist for advice. I know the panic after a condom split so I really really feel for you having it twice so close together. I hope it's all ok

╰☆╮Are you afraid of the good you might do?╰☆╮

✪ If the soul is left in darkness, sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but the one who causes the darkness ✪

Old 04-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #9
fragile as glass

I am currently:

peterpan you have nailed it! Yeah, I meant two forms of contraception, not two condoms at the same time. That would be a daft suggestion to wear two condoms at the same time.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #10
Keyboard Warrior

I am currently:

I would personally use two condoms (one male, one female), the pill, the implant thing in your arm, the coil, spermicide barrier foam & the MAP.

"Be prepared"

Old 04-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #11
fragile as glass

I am currently:

Er, no doctor would allow that Hammer Time. Male and female condoms together I have never heard of so can't judge but sexual health experts would not give you more than one contraceptive method at the same time, such as the implant and coil together.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #12
Keyboard Warrior

I am currently:

...just trying to bring some humour D: I know that could never happen!

Being serious now, sorry OP - two breaking in quick succession sounds incredibly rare. Condoms are usually blown up with pints & pints of water to test their strength, so chances are they were out of date or not being put on correctly. Have you thought about using the contraceptive pill?

Old 04-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #13
fragile as glass

I am currently:

If you have any problems with purging (I don't know if you have an ED or not, so I am not making any assumptions or judgements) then the pill won't work whereas something like the implant or coil will not lose any affectiveness even if you do purge.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #14
BeautyFiend

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop! Hammer Time View Post
I would personally use two condoms (one male, one female), the pill, the implant thing in your arm, the coil, spermicide barrier foam & the MAP.

"Be prepared"
Or, abstinence... or lesbiansm.
=]

Old 05-06-2011, 05:15 PM   #15
fragile as glass

I am currently:

You can still get STD's being a lesbian so the best bet would be abstinance... (boring!)..I'm guessing I'm meant to find my sense of humour?!

Old 05-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #16
Imperfect.Star

I agree that it's worth reviewing how your partner uses condoms - are you sure he's using the right size? Are you getting rid of any air at the tip?

With regard to the current issue of emergency contraception...you could get a coil. They can be inserted as emergency contraception for a while after sex and left in for several years.

Always seem to get things just that little bit wrong.

"don't wish, don't start, wishing only wounds the heart"

Old 05-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #17
fragile as glass

I am currently:

Not wanting to inflate any mans ego but the usual sized condoms are just too small for some guys which is why they split and the family planning clinic do give out 'Large' condoms but you have to specifically ask!

Oh and don't inflate your ego chaps if you are not 'Large' by asking for them and wearing them because you risk leaking and causing unwanted pregnancys by too big a fitting condoms.

I've just read that back and it may sound like I've just made that up - but I've not. When you reach my ripe old age you know a lot of random things!

Old 05-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #18
starseeker

I am currently:

thankyou for all your replies!
in response to all your questions, we bought durex condoms from tesco so assumed that they would have been all fine. i think they might have been too small cos he's described it as they felt like they were cutting his circulation off. why he didnt mention that at the time i'm not sure ><
went to see my doctor on friday, he said i should take the MAP again to be safe and if/when i get my next period in July to begin taking the pill. I've been really aprehensive about taking it before but i realise that it has to happen to avoid this.
Tell you what though i'm a hormonal rollercoaster atm. Think its the two pills in one week affecting me wierd cos i can't stop randomly crying. but a child wouldn't be ideal at the moment so fingers crossed its worked :/

Old 05-06-2011, 10:42 PM   #19
The Hierophant

You could have an IUD fitted. Up to a week after the condom broke. That definitely stops pregnancy.
Ask your doctor.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #20
cakey
i am always ok, ok?

I am currently:

yeah, and with a iud you don't have to worry if you 'forget' or if you have a tummy bug or whatever....

Sometimes it is easier to hide where noone knows who you are.

Amelia Rose 24.05.11

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)