RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 23-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
monket
Carpe Noctem

I am currently:
Zumba

My mom wants me to take a Zumba class with her. Anyone here ever done it before? What exactly do you do? I've never taken an excersize class before, so I'm sure I'll feel pretty stupid regardless, I just want to know what I'm in for, haha :)

monket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
I Like Turtles
the-rainbow-man

As far as I know Zumba is dancing, while waving your arms about, and doing different stretches, all at the same time. Be aware, you may make a fool out of yourself, but it's all for fun, so enjoy!

Everyone is beautiful, even you!

I Like Turtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
Scaredy-cat
I am the very model of a modern major general

I am currently:

We have a dvd because someone told my mu it was good for a problem she has with her hip but she didnt want to go do it in frint of people. Its quite good, but i do look a complete idiot

He was no longer jean valjean but no. 24601 -les miserable

Some of life's mysteries will never be solved, such as why, after spending an entire evening listenong to Bach, do I find myself humming "the birdie song".......

I am reaching, but i fall, and the stars are black and cold, as i stare into the void of a world that cannot hold- les miserables

Scaredy-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
Serendipity.
fabulous.

If you look on youtube, there are loads of videos of Zumba, which should give you some idea what to expect!

I've done it, and it's really fun; you might feel stupid but everyone else is making a fool of themselves too so it's fine!

"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."

Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
Gone.

Yes, I love it! :D It is definitely the best thing that I ever did... formed some amazing friendships through it and it has built up my confidence by a long way. The first time I went was terrifying. I didn't know any of the moves and felt quite self-conscious but now I don't really care and went wrong the other day - it was highly embarrassing but no one minds because they go wrong, too! It's such good fun, the music is brilliantly cheesy and I would definitely say, go for it! You don't have to give a lot, either. It's entirely up to you how involved in the movements you get.

Left.

Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #6
monket
Carpe Noctem

I am currently:

I'm supposed to go for the first time on Tuesday. I'll probably make an ass of myself, but no one I know goes to Zumba anyway so who cares? It won't be the most embarassing I've ever looked in public, haha.

monket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
SavingGrace
Sliding back down the rabbit hole

I am currently:

So as far as I understand you will be with a group of people who will look just as ridiculous as everyone else. =)

From Nymph to Dragonfly, I know my place.

Call me Bee. =) Like it or Lump it.

‘Cause the passion and pain are gonna keep you alive someday

SavingGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
Ninja Orange

I am currently:

I've done it before, it's a lot of fun. You just stand behind the teacher and try to repeat what s/he is doing. Don't worry, everyone looks ridiculous, but it's a great laugh. I really enjoyed it.

Ninja Orange is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)