Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 02-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
DireDreamer
I hope my smile can distract you...

I am currently:
I can't believe it...

So I realized last night that it has been two months since I last SI! And since I last struggled with my ED. I couldn't believe so much time had passed. Then I had a minor panic attack...first one in awhile. Thankfully my best friend picked up her phone, and talked me through it famously.
See, lately, I have been thinking about not eating again (def. not helped by the fact that I've had the flu and lost 5 pounds in a week), but I realised how much harder it is to deal with the hunger now, and I want to eat.
Last night was the first time I wanted to cut, but I didn't...I called a friend instead. That shows me that, incredibly, even though I think I'm still failing, even though I'm still struggling with so much, something is happening. I'm glad I'm able to be on this board.

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards...~Lewis Carroll

DireDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 02-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #2
klo_flo
Head Supporter

I am currently:

Hey Molly!

The other night sounds like a fantastic achievement! You should be proud of that and it's great to have you posting in here!

It sounds as though you have had a hard time of it in the past with you ED and your SI, but that you are finding more effective ways of coping - I would say more effective as if you had SId the other night the chances are you would still have wanted to talk things through.

Sometimes we do get the urges, to go back to the ways we are so familiar with - we have unlocked that door which we can walk through at any time. However, we also have our will power, our free will to chose not to and it sounds as though you are using that when it comes to your ED and your SI.

You said that you still felt as though you were failing and that you were struggling with so much? Do you feel as though you are failing because not everything is easy for you at the moment or for some other reason? Just like you talked though things the other day, maybe try and talk through this? You deserve to know that you aren't failing and that just because things are tough [as they are for *everybody* sometimes] it doesn't take away from the great things you do achieve.

Take care of yourself,
Chloe xx

We don't get given patience but the opportunity to be patient.
Courage isn't handed to us, but we are given opportunities to be courageous.

klo_flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:07 PM   #3
Nat
Face from the past

I am currently:

That is great news :D

Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 09:11 PM   #4
crazykat
Fight for another day

Well done hun, you should be so proud of yourself. That is a huge achievement.

"Recovery is something that you have to work
on every single day and it's
something that doesn't
get a day off."

crazykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:15 PM   #5
DireDreamer
I hope my smile can distract you...

I am currently:

You guys are really all so wonderful! *grouphug* You all really lift my spirits...I think joining this place is one of the best things I've done in awhile.

Chloe: I think, more than anything, I feel like I fail, yes, because I still struggle so much. Because, I feel like I shouldn't have to do this in the first place, I should just be fine, there should be nothing wrong with me. Any little slip up or thought of slip up gives me this complex. But, I do realise how far I have come, and the actions I am taking to get better. My friend on the phone pointed that out to me as well. Thanks darlin!

And to Nat and Kat (oh that's too infectious), thank you both soo much. I feel like I already love you guys!

It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards...~Lewis Carroll

DireDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #6
klo_flo
Head Supporter

I am currently:

=)

Darlin, your reponse contained numerous ''shoulds''. You shouldnt' be struggling, you shouldn't have things that effect you but we can only deal with what we have - and at that you *are* doing well hun.

Try not to think about a 'perfect' world or life sweetheart - but foucssing on the here and now... and working through it... and it sounds as though your friend is really supportive in helping with that.

Take care of yourself and welcome to RYL =)

Chloe xx

We don't get given patience but the opportunity to be patient.
Courage isn't handed to us, but we are given opportunities to be courageous.

klo_flo is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)