Live Help

Forum Jump

Old 28-04-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
StormCloud

I am currently:
First Panic Attack?! Help please

So I have my first 'therapist' appointment today, I have been so anxious all day.

Earlier, I had some symptoms that I'm not so sure about....

I was panicky, I had the chills, I felt a tiny bit faint. I couldn't stop flicking my eyes around the halls looking for....danger? All I wanted to do was get out of there. I'm still at school. My chest felt a little bit tight.

I don't know what this is, I just wanted to know if it was perhaps a mini-panic attack? It wasn't major I don't think.

We want it, we want, we want a reason to live. We need it, we need, we need more than this. Going through this life, looking for angels. People passing by, looking for angels. Walking down the streets, looking for angels. Everyone I meet, looking for angels.

Looking For Angels - Skillet

3 Hugs Given By :
Old 28-04-2014, 10:41 PM   #2
Animad

Hi,

Yes, it does sound very much like a panic attack. Further advice on how to help control them can be found in the First Aid Miscellaneous FAQs section.

Old 28-04-2014, 10:45 PM   #3
StormCloud

I am currently:

Thanks! These symptoms are constant just a little less major. Are they supposed to last this long?

We want it, we want, we want a reason to live. We need it, we need, we need more than this. Going through this life, looking for angels. People passing by, looking for angels. Walking down the streets, looking for angels. Everyone I meet, looking for angels.

Old 29-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #4
Animad

It may be that you've got anxiety as that can cause low level signs all the time.

Are you eating properly? I'm just asking as that can cause dizziness/ shaking etc and is quite common around here due to there being a lot of people with a restrictive ED (though I'm not saying you have one even if you're not eating properly)

Old 29-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #5
StormCloud

I am currently:

I have been struggling with my eating, but I wouldn't neccesarily day it's and actualy ED. I still feel on edge... I have a group therapy (DBT) tonight and I'm getting pretty nervous about it. I have a weird feeling deep in my chest; a nervous feeling. I just figured out yesterday that my mom had panic attacks occasionally, too, if that's what this is

Old 30-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #6
Animad

Yeah, it sounds like you've had 1 panic attack but are getting a lot of anxiety.

The reason I asked about your raging is because if you don't eat properly and start with skipping meals/ restricting/ purging it can be another reason for some of the signs that you're showing but that doesn't seem to be the case with you

Old 30-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #7
Animad

Guides and information on Panic Disorder (inc panic attacks) and Anxiety. NHS's 'moodzone' may also help.

Note, I am NOT suggesting you have generalised anxiety disorder, GAD, it's just that came up in my search and the info may help.

Old 30-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #8
StormCloud

I am currently:

Thanks! I have a meeting with my therapist on monday so I'll talk about it with her if I can.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:29 AM   #9
Animad

Hope it goes well

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)