RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 09-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #1
flying[star]

Triggering (Abuse) - Rantish - When's the line b'tween disaplean and abuse drawn?

Blehh
i'm probably not gonna end up doing anything. I never do...

But..
my mom has a bad temper. I mean i do too, but i'm better at controling it.
Yestsrday, she lost it..and she dropped my three year old brother down about four feet.. I don't know exactly why, but it's kinda sad i can judge distance by how hard he hit and the crying.

Then she went on about how he's being a horriable child. Granted, he wasn't behaving well, but ... he's THREE....

this is NOT the first instance of this stuff.

she's done it to the older one (almost seven) and still does. i've seen her smack both of 'em around....

a few months ago she gave them a black eye..

she used to do this stuff to me, but after i turned about 9, i got stronger than her. She stopped doing it to me because i was old enough to fight back.

My dad's no help in all of this. He drinks like f#ck and sometimes does the exact same things. Less so with them than he did with me (probably because he openly prefers his sons to me).. but he's hit them..

I really don't know if any of this crosses the line.. I've lived with it for so long... it's normal i guess.

Like, i know, people have it so much worse.. why the **** am i complaining?... idk if ya read ALL of that WALL of text, responces are a bit appriciated

flying[star] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
Popple

What she is doing is wrong and has definately crossed the line from punishment because no one should be hurt like that and its understandable it feels normal because you have obviously lived with it for a long time.
Is there anyone you can tell about what is going on?
Well done for posting.
Remember to take care of yourself
x

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Popple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
flying[star]

LIke.. not really

A few years ago i TRIED to tell someone
I told them about how i was being hit and how my dad was drinking and how my brother (the older one -- then about two) was starting to recive it too, but..
it did nothing.
my mom was called
she BSed and said i basically made it up
then went off on me... most of it was verbal... I don't know if she hit me anymore.. i was like.. just turned 9....

Still..
it was worse when i was the only one, and going to a religious school... she'd use something to hit me.. whereas with my brothers she won't get out spoons or.... let's notbring up flashbacks...

Old 09-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #4
Popple

Or what? If you want to talk about it, it's ok.

If you tell the police by law they have to investigate it, I know it feels bad when people don't take notice because they are fed lies I really do but please don't give up because you deserve much better than this.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
flying[star]

well
I'm not sure if i'm in a state to talk about that atm.

I don't see how tho. i mean.. Yeah they have to 'investigate' but one word to like a 'friend' and they'd say 'no she'd never be abusive'...

Plus, people like that are **** about actually following through... i was forced to tell the "counceler" at school about cutting, and legally she has to tell my parents but she didn't.. ever. .I mean really they're NOT goinna do anything. No one ever has

Last edited by flying[star] : 09-06-2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: typed too fast and made a zillion spelling errors
Old 09-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
Popple

Ok well if you don't want to talk you can post any time or you can pm me whenever you want no one is going to judge you and keeping things bottled up doesn't help in the long run but take your time and only do what you are ready for.

Is there any physical evidence? Could you try and keep a written record of everything that happens with you and your brothers if you are going to tell someone.
It really frustrates me when I see people being let down time and time again but never give up until you find someone who listens and sees whats happening.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #7
suspendeddisconnect

yeah i think people would believe you. you can report it as a child being in danger that you know about. any therapist is forced to report something like that, as is any medical worker, police officer, etc. *hugs* it's certainly not normal though and i'm glad you're looking out for both yourself and your younger siblings. pm me if you ever need to talk.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:30 AM   #8
flying[star]

*accepts hugs*

katy, i tried to do that at one point.. .. late last year it got bad..
by the time i had the idea to write it down
she stopped.

she's not a stupid woman... well she is. but not lacking IQ, just common sense.

Hm.. i'm running out of ways to articulate this in common english, rather than my own talking-ways which often makes little sense..

Ugh, i dunno.
Every 'adult' in my life has decided i'm not *really* worth enough.... They think everything's okay, when it's obviously not. Hell in my english, that teacher HAS to know sumthing's up because of the way my writing changes so much by mood -- that and i've written some pretty morbidass things

Grr.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #9
Popple

Is there anyway you could record it in secret maybe keep the notes somewhere she won't find them. Under the carpet can be good to hide things if it thin enough.

Have you told them that everything isn't ok and you desperately need help.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)