Am so sad to read this i didn't know Dan
but i see he was well liked and respected by a lot of people
RIP Dan

_Aisha_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #62
BeautifulFreak24
Angela

I am currently:

I didn't know him, but the way everyone talks about him, he sounds like an amazing person.

My thoughts are with his friends and family.
RIP Dan, I hope you found love and peace.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Just because some people don't cry, doesn't mean they're not suffering.

BeautifulFreak24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #63
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

Such tragic news,

rest in peace.

Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world awaits in darkness for the light that is you.

pixiedust_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #64
Dreaming.
You are free.

I am currently:

Dan :( Seeing him around the boards made me happy.

Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #65
insidemyhead
time traveller

I am currently:

Oh no! This is so sad, he was so lovely.. Really good soul. My thoughts are with his friends and family, walk in peace Dan, you will be missed. Everyone please reach out for help, we are a strong community and can get through this but as others have said, don't let this be a domino effect it would be so painful for either of them to think this we can help each other, my pm box is open to anyone who needs it, be gentle to yourselves everyone x

“There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night.”

insidemyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #66
nowhereman

I am currently:

I've been away for a week, I can't believe I'm coming back to more sad news. Hugs to everyone who needs them.

A world without Light would be dark.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #67
Per Ardua ad Astra
I'm NOT Scottish.

I am currently:

I have recieved a message of Dan's sister and I feel it is important to share it on here. (If anyone wants proof of this message I can send it to them)

"Hi Joshua, it's Rachel, Daniels sister. Just a quick line to say thank you for the messages of support on his wall - he would have appreciated this. He would not have believed that this could have happened to him, he went to bed fully expecting to wake up that next day. The police and coroner have ruled out anything suspicious including suicide (so soon after Ami, I know it must be crossing his friends minds) so we now have months of waiting on the organ biopsy results for a cause of death but will hopefully get some answers soon. I just don't know yet, his breathing machine was layed on and as a result, turned off and he has a heart defect to boot so we don't know what to expect. It's a comfort to see he had so many friends supporting him through his dark times, he was very open with his family about his health issues, unlike some with mental health issues he very much had his families unconditional support, and the shame of it is he was starting to plan a future and see an end to his issues. we miss him so much xxx"

Per Ardua ad Astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 01:17 AM   #68
angel of despair

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Ardua ad Astra View Post
I have recieved a message of Dan's sister and I feel it is important to share it on here. (If anyone wants proof of this message I can send it to them)

"Hi Joshua, it's Rachel, Daniels sister. Just a quick line to say thank you for the messages of support on his wall - he would have appreciated this. He would not have believed that this could have happened to him, he went to bed fully expecting to wake up that next day. The police and coroner have ruled out anything suspicious including suicide (so soon after Ami, I know it must be crossing his friends minds) so we now have months of waiting on the organ biopsy results for a cause of death but will hopefully get some answers soon. I just don't know yet, his breathing machine was layed on and as a result, turned off and he has a heart defect to boot so we don't know what to expect. It's a comfort to see he had so many friends supporting him through his dark times, he was very open with his family about his health issues, unlike some with mental health issues he very much had his families unconditional support, and the shame of it is he was starting to plan a future and see an end to his issues. we miss him so much xxx"
I got a similer message from his sister. I can guarantee its real.

It really is such a tragedy for someone so young to die in there sleep.

angel of despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 01:23 AM   #69
Rodolphus
#Azkafam

I am currently:

As did I.

I don't know how to feel; we've still lost a beautiful person. But he fell asleep with some fight and hope left in him, and whilst that is bittersweet, I think it's important.

So proud to have known you, Dan. I hope somewhere, somehow that you see morning again.

Now I'll play your ghost as my ace, whenever I'm led astray.
But I am actually good, can't help it if we're tilted.
I'm in my right place, don't be a downer.

Rodolphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 02:13 AM   #70
griddlebone
Head of Chat/Forum Mod.

I am currently:

So have I.

Dans sister also wanted people to be aware that Dan had a wonderfully supportive family and that he was absolutely focused on recovering from whatever issues he had. She made it very clear that Dan had health problems and that she would be very distressed to think that people were under the impression that Dan had committed suicide.

She also wanted me to thank everyone for all of their supportive words.

x

There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you.
But there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.
My spoken words.
I aint no abacus but you can count on me.

griddlebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 02:48 AM   #71
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Thank you for passing on those messages. It's reassuring, though still tragic.

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #72
Rachel sister of Daniel M

Hi, this is Daniels sister, Rachel. I have messaged a few of you on Facebook and wanted to say again thank you for your words of support. I know there has been much speculation. My family do not view suicide as a shameful act, we are so terribly sorry at how Ami could see no other way out and we would love Daniel just as passionately had he followed her down that route.
However Daniels death was natural, and perhaps even more cruel is that Daniel was going through a better time and had ruled out suicide. I'm sure every one of you have been in a bad mindset when there seems to be no way out, but as you may know this can lift and life can be joyous again. My little brother had not reached the point of no return, and i was looking forward to years of fun, sibling arguing, and the stuff brother and sister share together such as laughing at my parents inability to use Facebook. He had full acceptance in his family he could be open, be himself - I know he hid his issues away in his teens and has filled pages on these forums. However the man that Daniel had become had finally accepted that his family loved him and he just needed to love himself. I wanted him to be happy, I wish that he could see himself as I saw him, i am so proud of him. i always hoped that time would heal him, and this ran out. My only comfort is that regardless of what he wrote he did have more good days than bad, he never lost his sense of humour, he laughed more than he cried.
Daniel told me just days before he died that he was going to honour Ami by moving forward in life - which is what he set out to do. He then died peacefully in his sleep. Please do not be offended if i dismiss the comments of 'he is now out of his pain'. They mean nothing to me, as he didn't mean to go now. I cant comment on Ami, but Daniel is a very different person. He is not defined by his issues, he is Daniel, this was a small piece of him. If we could see his ghost for a moment he would be looking down now, shocked that he was gone, He would relish the chance to live and I would do anything I could to let him have the future he had planned for. I am glad that he has experienced true love with Ami, and my thoughts go out to her friends too.

I hope that those affected by these deaths on this forum can take some hope from how Daniel planned to handle his grief. This whole nightmare shows how untimely and short life is. Go and tell your brother today how much you love him, go laugh, have fun, live. As s**t as life can be this puts things into perspective.
I love my curly Daniel and I miss him so much.
Rachel

PS. all further comments to be in remembrance of his LIFE and not assumptions about his death, aptly he put a comment on here last week about how the way Ami died was not a public conversation. Any questions do feel free to get in touch.

Last edited by Rachel sister of Daniel M : 20-08-2013 at 05:23 AM. Reason: typo
Rachel sister of Daniel M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #73
Crysainta

Thank you for sharing. Maybe people could share some nice memories of Dan as a way of honoring him? I didn't know him well but he made me laugh quite a few times in chat and I know he brought many smiles to others.

Crysainta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #74
Left Phalange
Phillip, look at me, I'm a stamp!

I am currently:

Thanks, Rachel. Although it's a comfort knowing he died peacefully, it still must be terribly hard knowing this happened with Dan's full intention of moving on with his life despite all that has happened.

I hope you and your family are doing as well as you can, it is obvious you have a strong support system around you - Dan was very lucky having you all! Take care of yourself.

I'm gonna tap him like a maple tree. I'm gonna search him for some syrups. I'm gonna be having sex with him.

Left Phalange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #75
insidemyhead
time traveller

I am currently:

Thank you for sharing that, I Am sad he died but am glad he had hope and fight in his heart that night he went to sleep, I am so sorry for your loss and am glad you have and that he had such a supportive family. I didn't know Dan well, but we chatted a few times and I remember him as wonderful person because he got me through a difficult time once he also made me laugh and I am not one to easily laugh genuinly so they are precious and he gave me some of them times. I thank you for your brother. Take care of yourself know we will be here should you want to talk x

“There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night.”

insidemyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 01:35 AM   #76
pebbles.

very sad news.

pebbles. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #77
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Sorry to hear this.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #78
Leo Pard?
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

I think I remember Dan from back in the day.
It's just horrible news and so soon after Ami. I send my love and support to both families at this horrific time.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #79
OutOfTheWoods11
I'll let you **** my soul, for a hit of that glow

I am currently:

RIP Dan. We never met in person but our paths crossed on these forums in the four years in which I was active here.

And RIP Ami too.

So many faces I have seen, so many places not yet been.
So many people I have met, so many names not to forget.
Such beautiful people in their right, laughing, dancing through the night.
So many faces I have seen, the futures so bright it can't be seen.
Is any of this even real?

OutOfTheWoods11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 02:36 AM   #80
The Mad Hatter

I am currently:

sad to hear the news

Sherlock: Oh, please. Killing me. That's so two years ago.

The Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)