RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
*kelsey*

I am currently:
how? when? where?

How do i begin to talk about all this stuff?
how will i know that i am ready to?
when is the best time?
when would i know?
where do i go? where do i turn?
how will i ever be ready to talk about this stuff
i do not know i will ever be ready but i am at a point where i cant hold it all in anymore, the things they said and done, how do i know that what they did and said was really wrong? how do i know that its really ok to start talking about these things? when will i know? when will i begin?
where do i go from here?

*kelsey* is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 05-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
no point
*Ashley*

I am currently:

I don't know the answer but I just wanted you to know I read your post. I'm also struggling with similar stuff right now. I guess you'll know when you're ready to talk about them. Do you have support right now? Do you have a therapist? You'll need to find a therapist that you can trust then gradually you might be able to talk about the stuff that's bothering you. Sorry I couldn't help that much.

no point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
*kelsey*

I am currently:

Thankyou for taking the time to read my post and replying
i dont have a therapist right now but it is something i have been considering right now though i am not actually quite sure what to do.
There are things i want to talk about, things i want to work through but i am just not so sure i am ready to i have to be ready right??

gosh i feel so very confused i just dont know what to do

*kelsey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
Bronze Moth

I am currently:

i know its scary, im on a waiting list for counselling because i have a really strong need to talk to someone properly about what happened to me without having to worry about hurting people i care about or coping with their reactions.

but its still a terrifying thought as i find it hard to even talk to my cat about it and she doesnt even understand a word im saying! even now when i dont want to keep silent anymore i still find it almost physically impossible to say his name.

i dont know how much use this post will be, but i guess there are no easy answers to those questions as there is no easy way of knowing or doing those things. maybe there just comes a point when you need to talk more than you need to keep silent and then you go looking for the best person to talk to?

*hugs if you want them*

for delicate were the moths and badly wanted
here in a world by mammoth figures haunted!

Bronze Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
RemoteControl

I am currently:

How do i begin to talk about all this stuff?

It can be very difficult to first tell someone about something bad which has happened - some people find it easier to write stuff down, because they cant seem to get the words out of their mouth. other people may find it easier to kind of 'build up' to it - like i started to talk about it on here in an anonamous forum where noone knew who i really was, and i said little things at first, and then i managed to say more and more, and then i managed to finally build up to writing it down and telling a therapist. i still cannot talk about it out loud properly, but i find it alot easier to talk about it on here or if i write it down.

how will i know that i am ready to?

i think you will know when you are ready, like as you say, when you cant hold it in anymore. when you need to get it out of your head and you need to try and sort through it and make sense of it all.

when is the best time?

I dont really think there ever is a 'best time'. i remember the first time i told someone in real life, i was kind of in a daze (now i know i was probably dissociating), and i just went out my house and i walked to the local councilling building and i asked for an emergency appointment, and i wrote it down, and i told someone. it all just kind of happened, without me having much control over the situation. but the feeling that i got after was relief. lots of relief.

when would i know?

i dont really think there is any way of knowing for definate - it just depends on how you feel.

where do i go? where do i turn?

you could start by trying to talk about things on here - maybe making a thread in the 'rant/vent' forum where noone can reply to you, or if you wanted replies, then make a thread in here. do you have any friends you can talk to? anyone that you could write it down for? a local mental health team? a doctor that you could talk to? or maybe if you dont feel able to go and physically talk to someone, you could call the samaritans (i dont know where you live, but the samaritans are a non judgemental charity which has people on the phones 24/7 for you to talk to - the number is 08457 909090 - i have found them quite helpful in times of crisis when i didnt have anyone else to talk to).

how will i ever be ready to talk about this stuff?

i know its really difficult, but it really can help getting it out. im not going to lie and say itll be easy, because it wont. all i can suggest is to take it slowly and at a pace which you're comfortable with.

how do i know that what they did and said was really wrong?

i dont know what happened, but i can say that the fact that you are on this website, and the fact that you feel so bad, shows that what they did and said was wrong. i can say with pretty much 100% sureness that you are not to blame for anything that happened, and that it is the other person who is completely in the wrong.

how do i know that its really ok to start talking about these things?

it is absolutely ok to talk about these things. you may surprise yourself at how supportive some people can be.

where do i go from here?

ive kind of already answered this question, but ill say it again anyway. maybe you could start by trying to write stuff out on this forum, and build up to writing stuff down and telling someone. you could go to your doctors and tell them and get referred to a mental health team who will help you work through the things you have been through, or alternatively you could contact your local councelling team (councellors tend to do more listening, and therapists tend to do more proactive stuff like helping you to manage emotions and intruding memories etc). the samaritans are always available to call or email, and there are many many supportive websites out there that you could find some help and support from. it is absolutely ok to talk about these things, and you have done nothing wrong and will do nothing wrong in talking about them.

im always a pm away if you ever wanted to talk : )

take care and look after yourself,
Mx

RemoteControl is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)