RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 01-08-2007, 07:06 AM   #1
gaara
the sand ninja

I am currently:
Triggering (SI) - i cant self harm but my friends are allowed to cut me

my frie4nds keep telling me that if i self harm they will ditch me but they cut my hands what is up with that the only reason why i let them do that to me is because its the only way i can si and get away with it some one please help

gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:24 AM   #2
loopylucy08
*Becky*

I am currently:

Hun, u sound like u need 2 get a new group of friends! U say yr friends want 2 ditch u if u SI, but then u say they do it 2 u. That in itself is a contradiction. If they r saying they will ditch u 4 SI and then actively helping u do it, what kind of friends r they?
Believe me, the fact that u feel unable 2 do it yrself is not a bad thing. Take it from some1 who got sucked in2 the cycle 7 years ago! If yr friends truly want 2 help u, then they should b advising u on places u can go 2 talk about yr feelings about wanting 2 SI, something I think would be very advisable. Is there a college/uni counsellor u could go 2, or coud u go and c the doctors?

In terms of yr friendship situation, please ditch these friends b4 they try and ditch u. Is there anybody else u could hang around with? U deserve friends who r understanding and caring about what has happened 2u, and who accept u 4 who u r, cuts and all. Why lower yrself 2 the standard of those friends u have described? A true friend would be supporting u 2 overcome yr feelings, they would not be helping u act on them, or threatening 2 ditch u. If u really want 2 stick with them, try and recommend places they can go 2 find out a bit more about self harm, because they obviously dont get it. Why not bring them on here?? Or suggest that it would be more helpful 4u if they could come with u 2 the docs for example or 2c somebody about it. If they are real friends, they shouldnt have a problem with that!

Good luck and lots of hugs xxx

"The purest expression of pain is pain itself"
Lovin ya all my RYLelies!
PM me any time
Rebecca
xxx

loopylucy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:49 AM   #3
gaara
the sand ninja

I am currently:

its abit of a sticky 1 with these friends ive tryed to get them to understand it from my point of veiw and when they do it they reckon there just mucking around i'll try abit harder to get them to understand cos they are the only friends i got

Old 01-08-2007, 07:52 AM   #4
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Hun,

I'd be really concerned with your friends being able to cut you. Why are they doing that? Do you mean they are actually hurting you? Why would they do that? I understand why you might be tempted to do it because you're addicted to this self harm, but you don't need it - there are other things you can do for yourself instead of harming. Such as,
  • physical release; exercise, running, jogging.
  • punching a pillow or your bed - something soft
  • writing about how you're feeling
  • talking to someone about how you're feeling
  • use a red pen instead
  • come online & ask for support
  • use the Ranting / Venting Forum
  • something that will distract you, entertian you
  • The Fun & Distractions Forum - including the Big Distraction Page
Please, don't let your friends abuse you like that, it's not needed and really poor treatment of you. These people are your friends. I cannot find one good reason why they would cut you - not a single one. You either need to start hanging out with new people, or stop your friends from doing this, it is unhealthy not only for you, but for your friends too. They can't and should not treat you like that; you deserve better than that.

Please take care of yourself, I know it's hard but remember we're here for you and we can give you some of that support you need. You need to have supportive friends and in both the actions you have described [dumping you & cutting you] that is very unsupportive; you're worth more than that.

Best Wishes,
Aimee xo

Snow White. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #5
Dannerus_Maximus

I am currently:

Yeah, I definitely agree with the above posters...it's not right for anyone to do that to you, and you should not go along with it. With friends like that, who needs enemies, you know?

We are all here on RYL to be your friend...and we won't cut you. We will be there for you when you want to cut. We care about you. Please take care of yourself and consider our words....*Hugs*

Dannerus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #6
starting_over
double blessed, double time

I am currently:

WOW between my nursing carreer and my current classes of study I am taking i have seen alot, but i have never seen or heard of the likes of what you are describing. i agree with everyone on this one, these are not good people to have as friends. i care deeply for people and have a problem with si that i am dealing with, so i know how strong the urge can be but i must admit even knowing all this if i had a friend who practiced si and needed to cut i honestly can say i certainlty would not do it to them for them, the thought of intentionally harming another person is way to much for me so i must imagine that these people you speek of are not true friends. i along with t erest of ryl am here for you if you need to talk. take care hun.

starting_over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:11 PM   #7
.ghost.

I am currently:

I agree with everyone else, I really don't think these are good people to be around. I can't honestly see what kind of friends would cut you.
I can't imagine any of my friends ever doing that to me and I know I would never do that to a friend even if they asked me to.

Take care of yourself and please try and get away from these people. Everyone on RYL is here if you need a friend and somebody to talk to, you don't need friends who treat you like they do.

xx

Help, I'm alive
My heart keeps beating
Like a hammer

.ghost. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #8
meglomania

I am currently:

i can only mirror what other people have said so far... no caring friend, or even caring person would do this to you...i know it must be tough if they are the only friends you have, but these are not the types of people that deserve your friendship...

meglomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:13 AM   #9
InsufficientFunds
Je t'aime

I am currently:

I agree with everyone above. And if your friends treat you like that they aren't the good kind of friends, and you deserve much better. You shouldn't let anyone disrespect you like that, its horrible.
<33

Hey man, now you're really living.

InsufficientFunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:39 PM   #10
Ami
Perfectly Flawed

I am currently:

Hun, you deserve so much better. You shouldnt let anyone hurt you - emotionally or physically
take care x

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.

Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:59 AM   #11
charcoalchild
..this is what it sounds like.. when doves cry...

I am currently:

wow - thats some friends u have.
No way should they cut you.. i can understand the way u say u need to hurt.. but hold an ice cube.. or ping an elastic band.. both hurt but dont leave physical scars.
Please get out of this distructive relationship you have with your friends.. take up some activity.. youll find more soon enough.

Peace and love

Save, save, save me.
I can't face this life alone.

charcoalchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 06:10 AM   #12
gaara
the sand ninja

I am currently:

im stuck cos i dont want to loose these friends but i all so know what they are doing is wrong but they seem to use the exscuse that they are only mucking around i got really up set last night cos they all started picking on me and stuff like that i have a hell of alot of trouble voiceing my concerns cos im afraid of what the outcome would be and i dont want to loose my frriends but i want them to understand that some of the things they do hurt my feelings but i want to exsplain to them in a way that wont piss them off sm 1 help plz :'(

Old 03-08-2007, 07:29 AM   #13
svenn
i like shiny things.

I am currently:

personally i would prefer not have any friends that friends like that. you deserve much better than that. they are not true friends. but i understand that it is nice to have people to be around and to socialize with. i think that the best way would to be strait forward. try to tell them why people si. you do not need to talk about yourself personally. i would also tell them that they are not allowed to hurt you at all. put your foot down. if they respect you then they will stop. if not then you know that they are just a**holes and not friends at all.

come and join me. then world domination.

mmmwuhahahahahahaha.

i like to commit raoh's (random acts of hugging)

HazardxToxMyselfx3 = sister
hahaugotpunked87 = fairy-god half step sister
Katiebean = pet moose
morbida = third cousin once removed

svenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)