RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 17-10-2008, 05:04 AM   #1
*broken-play-thing*
I don't know how to live on anymore. . .

I am currently:
Infection - A cut

Okay, well I started cutting again and have several cuts that are at various degrees of healing. Normally I keep them from getting infected, but there is one on my [removed location] that though not terrifyingly deep, is deep enough. It isn't bleeding, and it is a few days old, but it is getting all red and is very sore. I don't have very good health care and there will be a lot of questions to answer. When is it infected to the level that it must have medical attention?

Last edited by Animad : 17-10-2008 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Removed a question asking for potentially tip-sharing info (And removed location of cut)

"I cannot change the past, but my future is my chance to prove I can change."

"Sometimes our deepest wounds, are the ones we inflict on ourselves."

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

Old 17-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
drampty
...trouble...

I am currently:

i think the best thing is to get attention now - i you leave it too late it can cause major complications... staysafe!
-x-

they say they have no claim to know what's right...
- Dar Williams, mercy of the fallen -
OH SURE! blame the bat... what the heck - we're easy targets!
'is 'alright' special timelord speak for 'really not alright at all'?'

Old 17-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
((deleted))
~Ruth~

I am currently:

Are there any signs of infection apart from being red and sore? Or is it different from normal?
Whenever you are worried about something like this it is, in my humble opinion, always worth getting it checked out to put your mindat rest.

"Has anyone seen my contact lens? It may be stuckto a tree or a rock or something. Oh boy, I am so grounded" Family Guy
if everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, we'd see the day that nobody died

!!!! I got lei'd in Vets !!!!

Old 17-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #4
Animad

Is it worse than what you'd expect at this point of healing as cuts? Is it hot/ does it have a pussy discharge?

Really for in infection you do need to get it looked at really. So that means either going to the hospital or the surgery where you see your doctor; there may be a nurse there who can deal with them. I don't know if there are other places in the US or not. This is especially the case once you start getting a pussy discharge/ fever/ feel ill/ red lines running from it towards your heart but ideally before it gets to that stage as any infection is better treated early (and preferably managed through prevention, though not always totally possible, rather than cure). In the meantime keep it as clean as possible, keep it covered ideally changing the dressing twice a day and use plenty of anti-septic cream but it is a good idea to go to the doctors especially if it doesn't start to improve within the next day or two.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)