Live Help


Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-10-2009, 01:04 AM   #1
Broken Doll
Touching from a distance
 
Broken Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Meanwhile City
I am currently:
The girl who silenced the world for 5 minutes


This is a video with a girl talking about world / environment issues. I'm not sure this is the right plac since it isn't very recent but goes here better than anywhere else I think. Enjoy & share your thoughts.

Broken Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
Dreamofunity
 
Dreamofunity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007

Overdramatic speech is overdramatic.

Dreamofunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
CaiteeBug
Why Be Normal? Paranormal Is More Fun!
 
CaiteeBug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Out of this world
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamofunity View Post
Overdramatic speech is overdramatic.
this





CaiteeBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
Benji
Doink!
 
Benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia

I still maintain that the earth is getting hotter because its right next to a huge flaming ball of gas. Ive said it before, and I will say it till my dying breath.



Benji's Weekly Insight:
I have a Tonberry teddy called Grudge.


Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
Ninja Orange
 
Ninja Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Derry, Northern Ireland
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamofunity View Post
Overdramatic speech is overdramatic.
That^

Ninja Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:08 PM   #6
OutOfTheWoods11
I'll let you **** my soul, for a hit of that glow
 
OutOfTheWoods11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji View Post
I still maintain that the earth is getting hotter because its right next to a huge flaming ball of gas. Ive said it before, and I will say it till my dying breath.
But do you honestly think that human activity has no effect on the environment what so ever?



So many faces I have seen, so many places not yet been.
So many people I have met, so many names not to forget.
Such beautiful people in their right, laughing, dancing through the night.
So many faces I have seen, the futures so bright it can't be seen.
Is any of this even real?



OutOfTheWoods11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch
 
Bellatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: London

^ They do, but not in the extreme way the media presents it. The world was an ice ball a bit ago, now it's heating and will continue to do so regardless of what we do. Things come full circle, and humankind needs to accept we can't manipulate mother nature.




Imperfection is underrated.



Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
B-S-F
Waste of Life
 
B-S-F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Devon
I am currently:

*gets ready to be slated for this*
Some of the stuff she said (not about global warming) but about the animals we're losing, children being taught one thing but adults and world leaders doing something different and the rich not sharing with the poor (mainly)...well it makes a lot of sense. Yes the world is warming up and I think we only have a small affect on that. I reckon it is going to warm up, and then it will go back to an ice-age, just like it has before.
However...
Why should the rich have so much, and not share? Why do we have the right to cut down thousands of acres of trees/hedges and destroy the habitat and lives of millions of animals? Why do we get to kill innocent animals for no reason?
I am a meat eater and eating meat doesn't bother me. The way I see it, most of the animals we eat are bred purely for that reason, and I therefore see nothing wrong with using the skin of the animals we eat used for leather seats/saddles/bridles/boots etc. However, killing an animal solely for its fur (tigers, seals, polar bears etc.) is wrong. The transport of live animals for meat, the process of sea fishing, horse-racing, bear baiting, dog fighting and some other forms of "entertainment" are wrong (IMHO) and shouldn't be allowed, but unless more people stand up and say "No, this is wrong", it won't change and it will keep happening.


Last edited by B-S-F : 15-10-2009 at 07:08 PM.


"People have abused you lots in the past? Why do you then abuse yourself more?" - Quote
Sometimes I feel like I'm alone, Sometimes I feel like I'm not that strong, Sometimes I feel nothing at all, Sometimes I feel vulnerable, Sometimes I feel a little fragile
RYL FAMILY-


B-S-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 12:58 AM   #9
Benji
Doink!
 
Benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia

^^Yeah, but if I think that then my half-hour showers seem a bit selfish.

The earth has been hotter than this before, and we had nothing to do with that.



Benji's Weekly Insight:
I have a Tonberry teddy called Grudge.


Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #10
moonlet
Natalie.
 
moonlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Neverwhere
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji View Post
I still maintain that the earth is getting hotter because its right next to a huge flaming ball of gas. Ive said it before, and I will say it till my dying breath.
^ That.

And it so happens, that huge flaming ball of gas is acting more and more erratic. Solar Storms in 2012!







We're all doomed.

moonlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #11
moonlet
Natalie.
 
moonlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Neverwhere
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-S-F View Post
*gets ready to be slated for this*
Some of the stuff she said (not about global warming) but about the animals we're losing, children being taught one thing but adults and world leaders doing something different and the rich not sharing with the poor (mainly)...well it makes a lot of sense. Yes the world is warming up and I think we only have a small affect on that. I reckon it is going to warm up, and then it will go back to an ice-age, just like it has before.
However...
Why should the rich have so much, and not share? Why do we have the right to cut down thousands of acres of trees/hedges and destroy the habitat and lives of millions of animals? Why do we get to kill innocent animals for no reason?
I am a meat eater and eating meat doesn't bother me. The way I see it, most of the animals we eat are bred purely for that reason, and I therefore see nothing wrong with using the skin of the animals we eat used for leather seats/saddles/bridles/boots etc. However, killing an animal solely for its fur (tigers, seals, polar bears etc.) is wrong. The transport of live animals for meat, the process of sea fishing, horse-racing, bear baiting, dog fighting and some other forms of "entertainment" are wrong (IMHO) and shouldn't be allowed, but unless more people stand up and say "No, this is wrong", it won't change and it will keep happening.
I agree with this completely.

moonlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #12
Time-Bomb
Connie...
 
Time-Bomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: U.K.
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji View Post
I still maintain that the earth is getting hotter because its right next to a huge flaming ball of gas. Ive said it before, and I will say it till my dying breath.

Time-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #13
Blittle1986
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miiikeee View Post
But do you honestly think that human activity has no effect on the environment what so ever?
Everything that everything does has an effect on the environment. A bear taking a **** in the woods releases gases and bacteria into the environment. No matter what we do won't matter after we're gone anyway, short of literally blowing the planet up. Our buildings will fall and turn to dust, all the pollution we create will dissipate and return to normal levels.

The earth heals and in the end none of it will matter. It is all about taking care of it now (as well as yourself).

  Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #14
PixieHope.
 
PixieHope.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nottingham, UK
I am currently:

I personally thought the video was amazing. The girl was so brave to stand up and speak her views in front of all those people. Climate Change is a serious problem... having visited farmers in rural Uganda who cannot eat because the droughts are getting longer and longer and they cannot afford to go to the shop to pick up basics. They are in serious trouble.



And you say I only hear what I want to.

PixieHope. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:12 AM   #15
Benji
Doink!
 
Benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia

^^ But what are we gonna do about it? We are all only one person, individually.

And before you say "But if everyone says that it makes a difference," even if you do change my mind, im still one person and the huge amount of other people not changing theirs makes my mindchange negligible. it works in reverse too, we can only make a difference if everyone agrees.
For now, I am quite content to shower for two hours and listen to my tv from three rooms away. Call me when the rest of the world has changed, and I will be the very last person to change along with it.



Benji's Weekly Insight:
I have a Tonberry teddy called Grudge.


Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #16
Broken Doll
Touching from a distance
 
Broken Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Meanwhile City
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
I personally thought the video was amazing. The girl was so brave to stand up and speak her views in front of all those people.
I think so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji View Post
^^ But what are we gonna do about it? We are all only one person, individually.
(...) Call me when the rest of the world has changed, and I will be the very last person to change along with it.
It must be sad to see the world the way you do. No matter how small and useless we are, we can still do our part. Don't pretend that just because we are so small what we do doesn't matter, or that we can do all wrong we want because the other people do it too. We're not 3 anymore. Just because everyone else does it, it's not all right to destroy the earth.
It can not make that much of a difference what any of us thinks. But if we decide that what we've done untill now is wrong, and we change our ways of acting and work for things to change, they may actually change.

Broken Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:04 AM.

Back to top