Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 17-12-2018, 08:43 AM   #1
WhiteTigerInAlabama
Surf the waves to keep from drowning in them.

I am currently:
Hello all, nice to join you!!

Hi! I am new at joining this community and look forward to finding the support and being the support I long for. I do not wish to disclose my birth name here, so just call me Tiger, White Tiger, Bama, whatever fits your needs. The reason I wish to maintain my anonymity is because I am a Student working on my Master's degree in the health field and I just never know who may see my posts and if what I share may be used to hender my goals and getting started in the field should the wrong person see it. Therefore, I hope me remaining secretive does not put any of you at dis-ease, but becoming a professional or not, I am human and I find my love for pursuing my profession through many of my own personal struggles and pains, some of which I still wrestle with today. Know that here, I am not a professional, I am not here for any reason other than to gain support, same as everyone. I am not here to give expert opinion or advice (for one, I'm not an expert yet), but simply to share my experience, strength and hope and receive yours.

I am 37 yrs old, female. I have been a cutter since around 17 (late bloomer I know). in addition to being a cutter, I also suffer from substance abuse/addiction which I have been clean and in recovery from for 3 years. I am bipolar and choose to be unmedicated as much as possible, only seeking meds when extreme bouts of depression surface and suicidal ideations begin to plague me, otherwise, I manage through balancing sleep, exercise, sunlight, nutrition, therapy, etc. I have generalized anxiety disorder. I also am a binge eater that sometimes turns bulimic. There are some other things, but those are the major areas of my life that affect me the most or are of most importance at keeping in check. I still struggle with a few of these, but self harm seems to be the one that I keep relapsing on the most or obsessing about most often. So, here I am. I have 11 months free currently and hope to keep going.

Outside of my issues, I enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, swimming. I am an artist who enjoys drawing, painting, creating collages, writing poetry or prose, and photography. I love doing group workouts at my gym, and I love cats and have 4 wonderfully different furbaby personalities to love currently. Anything else you want to know about me, feel free to ask!! I look forward to being here and getting to know you all!!!

White Tiger

WhiteTigerInAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2018, 05:16 PM   #2
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

Hi White Tiger, welcome to RYL. There are a few cat people here. I hope you find it helpful here. Take care.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2018, 06:17 PM   #3
nonperson

I am currently:

Hi, Tiger.Nothing wrong with being cautious about your identity online! I have never given my name on here either so people tend to call me NP. It doesn't mean that it's seen by others as being secretive. I was a late bloomer to cutting as well so it's not that unusual to start later in life. Also, cat fan right here. =D

Well done on your 11 months free and welcome to the forums. =)

nonperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2018, 07:29 PM   #4
WhiteTigerInAlabama

I am currently:

Thank you both, glad to be here!

Old 22-12-2018, 09:26 AM   #5
Icecube. Swirls
Meera :-)

I am currently:

Hi WhiteTiger,

Welcome to RYL There's nothing wrong in wanting to be anonymous on the forum. Well done on being 11months free. I also enjoy swimming,painting, writing poetry, photography and going to the gym.

Icecube. Swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2018, 07:48 AM   #6
Isoverity

I am currently:

Auburn Tiger fan too maybe?

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 11:25 PM   #7
WhiteTigerInAlabama

I am currently:

haha, no, not an auburn fan. Roll Tide fan here ^_^

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)