RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 25-03-2011, 01:34 AM   #1
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:
Safe - Bee/hornet/wasp sting

I know this is a stupid non urgent question but I have never ever been stung before and I have a couple of questions.

Basically I was picking up some clothes in the bathroom to put in the wash and something stung the palm of my hand. I don't know what exactly because my bathroom light bulb blew earlier so I couldn't see properly. All I know was that it was a fly kind of thing and had stripes. I shook my hand and it let go/fell off and I basically legged it out the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

How long does it take for the swelling/purply/redness to go down and for it to stop hurting? Are you just supposed to leave it or is there something you are supposed to do?

Thanks

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 25-03-2011, 01:58 AM   #2
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

If the swelling is localised it should sort itself out in a few days. Have a good look under light, but DO NOT poke it, and make sure there is no stinger left in there [it would look like a dark splinter].

You could use a cream like Eurax on it, or an anti histamine based cream to help with the irritation. The pain should get better in a short time. I remember when I was stung and it hurt for a few hours and then I felt very little, just an itch.

Old 25-03-2011, 02:10 AM   #3
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Thanks. There is a small purply/black line where it stung me (the groove between your palm and the finger next to your pinky). Is that a sting or could that just be the mark from the sting? If it left the stinger in does that mean it is dead and ergo it is safe to go back in the bathroom?

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 25-03-2011, 02:19 AM   #4
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

I'm not sure if that is the stinger or just the appearance of the wound however its more likely it didn't leave a stinger in and I would think the stinger would protrude out of the skin.

I don't know what happens to a bee/wasp/hornet after if the stinger has gone either.

Sorry that's not much help. I don't know how razzed up you feel but if you can go in the bath room and if you open a window hopefully it will fly out over night.

Old 25-03-2011, 02:57 AM   #5
Pomegranate
Petulant

I am currently:

Thanks. I braved the bathroom (amazing what you can do when you are desperate to pee :P) and saw it half crawling across the floor. I am pretty sure the argos catalogue I threw on it must have killed it. I live in a block of flats so opening the window would have just released it into the communal area.

*Proud Plumeria Sister*

Old 25-03-2011, 03:24 AM   #6
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

I read that and thought YAY for agros catalogue!! Well done :P

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)