RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 20-07-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
Psiren
Apathetic without the 'A'

I am currently:
SI Question - Indented Burn? *not urgent*

I burned myself a few days ago, some of them are just red and one came up in a blister - neither of which I'm worried about as I've had similar ones although it's getting very hard not to pop the blister (which I assume I'm not meant to?).

However one of the burns isn't like any I've had before.
It's indented into the skin. At first there was no blistering and it was easy to see although now the edges and top and bottom have come up in blisters so it's harder to tell although I'm assuming it's still slightly indented. It was white at first and it looks a bit grey in the indent, although I haven't washed it properly yet so that might be soot . I did run them both under cold water.

At present I'm just leaving them be, but as I've never had a burn like that before I was just wondering if there was anything special I'm supposed to be doing to look after it or whether I just need to wait with it.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I had a look at the guide but was still a bit unsure regarding this one.

One Hug Given By:
Old 20-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
plastic rose
tough cookie.

I am currently:

I don't know why it would become indented like that, but definitely need to give it a proper clean with either just cold water or with some hypoallergenic antiseptic wipes, and apply some antiseptic cream like savlon. Try to keep it clean and don't pop the blisters if you can avoid it, they help prevent infection while the skin underneath heals. If they do pop, again, clean the area with water or antiseptic wipes and leave them to heal. Keep an eye out for signs of infection and if it doesn't heal properly have a pharmacist or doctor look at it.

s a r a h
* pm me * eating disorders info *
"Between two worlds life hovers like a star,
twixt night and morn, upon the horizon's verge."
- Lord Byron

Old 20-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
riley.

i've had them like this... from what nurses have said to me its like a deeper burn or something.

Old 20-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #4
Psiren

I am currently:

Had a shower and it's still a bit greyish, but I didn't scrub it or anything because I was scared of damaging the blisters
Put savlon on it, do I need to keept it covered with gause or should it be okay?

Old 20-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #5
plastic rose
tough cookie.

I am currently:

So long as it's not weeping and there are no signs of infection it should be okay but if you want you can cover it with gauze, it won't do any harm. But see what the first aid advisors say as well because I'm not an expert

s a r a h
* pm me * eating disorders info *
"Between two worlds life hovers like a star,
twixt night and morn, upon the horizon's verge."
- Lord Byron

Old 21-07-2010, 12:08 AM   #6
Wonderful.
Pathetic.

Hey, it sounds to me like a third degree burn, due to the delayed blistering and because it has indented, but obviously because I'm not a FAA or a medical professional I can only talk from personal experience.
If the burn is larger than a 50p I would really suggest you go to A&E or to the doctors as it could be serious and cause numbness in that area.
Cleaning the area would be a good idea, as well as covering them with special burn gause and a bandage to prevent further damage to the area, but really a burn you are describing does need professional help...
Sorry I don't reallt know what else to suggest, but please keep yourself safe and take very good care of yourself.

~Beauty without intellence, is a materpiece painted on a napkin.~
Thank you for everything

Old 21-07-2010, 12:15 AM   #7
Bitter_Angel
*First Aid Advisor*

I am currently:

Yup, this sounds like a more server burn than the others.
There is a information page on burns on the main site.
Apart from that keep an eye out for infection.
And once its healed, perhaps use some cream such as vit E cream to help it heal fully.

Eva. Gone, but never forgotten 27.3.10

Old 21-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
Psiren

I am currently:

Thankyou :)

Old 28-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #9
13rznsy

I am currently:

I realize this is kind of an older post, but I just stumbled upon it and wanted to say that I had one similar to what you described. It healed after almost a month, and now it's about 6 weeks old and seems to be nearly done healing. As I think yours in 2 weeks old or less, it may look very strange (mine did) but don't let it alarm you too much- I just used neosporin and a band-aid every once in a while but otherwise mostly let it be and it's fine. Keep it clean, and good luck!

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)