RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-06-2014, 04:10 AM   #1
olliemoose

I am currently:
Intrusive Thoughts

I thought it would be helpful to make one general thread for those struggling with intrusive thoughts.

I've been struggling a lot with intrusive thoughts. It's progressed so that now I can't stop thinking of hurting both myself and my family. It's very distressing how close I get to acting out the thoughts. I usually have to physically do something to prevent me from doing whatever is going through my head. Today I was in the shower, and I couldn't shake the feeling of wanting to just put my head under the showerhead and inhale as much water as I could. I actually got a mouthful of water before I spit it out & hurried to get out. It really freaked me out how close I was to breathing in. I get thoughts like that all the time at the worst times, usually when I'm with someone. I'm thankful it usually happens around other people so I'm less likely to act it out, but it still scares me that I think of hurting or even killing my family or myself.

If anyone has any good ways of coping, please let me know. Also feel free to share your story so I know I'm not completely off my rocker. Thanks!

"The man in the song tries to love the girl, but she's not really there, not all the way. She's running from something inside of her that he can't see. I think that there's something like that inside of me." - Laurel, Love Letters to the Dead

olliemoose is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 18-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
Wonderland.

I used to suffer from intrusive thoughts and still do to some extent.

I have found using mindfulness helpful in keeping my head clear. Perhaps this is something you could try.

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)