RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 10-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
FranticMind

I am currently:
Awkward moment when you get lost in the middle of nowhere!

So today i decided to make my own way home from hospital. I complately failed and ended up getting the wrong bus and got lost in the middle of nowhere. this was quite embarrassing as i had to ring up my mum in order for her to come and rescue me!
So when have you ever got lost somewhere?

FranticMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #2
Emmabob.

I am currently:

in the middle of manchester, at about 8am, absolutely ratarsed. t'was a good day.. |:

Emmabob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
Stellata

I got lost in Kensington Gardens trying to find my befriender once. Well, I knew where I was, but I couldn't find where she was.. We ended up meeting somewhere more local later in the evening.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Taraxacum
This Member is currently Banned

I regularly make the 15minute walk to the local A&E while completely drunk, at 3am but when sober and rested the next day, have no idea how to walk bak and end up having to get the bus :L

Taraxacum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
Icecube. Swirls
Meera :-)

I am currently:

Well me and my older cousin got lost three years ago , I was only 12 and he was 19 . Anyway we had walked to my auntie&uncle's house which is in pinner and on the way back we got lost because I said to my cousin that I know a shorted route back home, but turns out I had forgotten the sort route and we ended up from pinner to northwood instead of getting home to harrow.

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.”

Icecube. Swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
Stellata

^ Ever got on a H9 thinking it was straight into Harrow shopping centre?! I made that mistake 3 times, yes 3 times, before I had it sussed!

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
Wonderland.

I got lost on this random estate once. Google maps sat navvy thing on my phone saved the day (:

'Cause I'll always remember you the same.
Oh eyes like wild flowers within demons of change ♥

Wonderland. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
Icecube. Swirls
Meera :-)

I am currently:

This thread is so hilarious - I love it how we all get lost somewhere

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.”

Icecube. Swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #9
FranticMind

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGICECUBE15 View Post
This thread is so hilarious - I love it how we all get lost somewhere
I also got lost in a zoo when i was about 7/8. i wanted to look at the crocodiles, i turned round and my mum and stepdad were gone, harsh times!

Has anyone ever got lost in a supermarket or a theme park and you hear your name being called by the tannoy operators? - awkward moment.

FranticMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
((deleted))
~Ruth~

I am currently:

I got lost a lot as a kid. When I was 4 I got lost in Momi (some moving images museum), we were a large family, and I was looking at an exhibit, and the whole family drifted on thinking I was with someone else. Unfortunately, due to my innate friendliness I had had stranger danger rather drummed into me...so I ended up hysterically crying and this random woman asked what was the matter and I told her "I've lost my mummy and I can't talk to you cuz you're a stranger".

Then when I was 11 my mum and I were staying at my Nan's looking after her for a weekend while my grandad was away. I got sent out for nan's paper and was told to go to the top of the road and turn right...so I did...after about an hour of walking I thought it strange that I'd not got to the shops that were supposed to be 5 minutes away. It wasn't until I got to a dual carrigeway that I realised I must be lost. I asked a man in his driveway for directions, but I didn't really know my grandparents address, or phone number and this was in the days before mobiles were an everyday object. I wouldn't go into his house, and we worked out what we thought the road was looking at a map from his car and off I set......only to discover that *****way no longer existed, it was all now *******close. This woman I had asked for further directions to ******way persuaded me to come into her house so she could look up my grandad in the phone book, fortunately I knew grandad's initials and surname! She called the house and drove me back. My mum was hysterical and made me walk up to the local shops (It was at the end of the road, turn right and then turn LEFt) and apologise to the shopkeeper for worrying him cuz she had gone up there looking for me when I'd not returned after 30mins

"Has anyone seen my contact lens? It may be stuckto a tree or a rock or something. Oh boy, I am so grounded" Family Guy
if everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, we'd see the day that nobody died

!!!! I got lei'd in Vets !!!!

((deleted)) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:31 AM   #11
MissAnonymous

I am currently:

In Norwich. We decided to walk into the city from the outskirts to the restaurant we'd booked cos we are tight, like walking, and thought it'd be more fun... Navigating the outskirts of a city you don't live in and have only visited a handful of times is not so easy in the dark. We left an hour before the table was booked and it should have taken 30-40 mins but it took double that or more. Walking home was equally disastrous. I printed off a map from google, but reading a map in the dark and seeing road signs other than those you are right next to is something I hadn't factored in. Many a time did we stop look round baffled and say 'where the foxtrot are we?' whilst walking up to signs and trying to see if they were on the section of map I'd printed. The awkward bit is where you have walked so far out of your way you've walked off the map... that's when the real fun begins!

Oh well, we probably walked off the entire meal!

MissAnonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #12
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ((deleted)) View Post
I told her "I've lost my mummy and I can't talk to you cuz you're a stranger".
Ha ha oh bless you!! Wonderful kid logic fail ;-p

When I was little I used to like to hide in the clothing rails etc while Mum was shopping (otherwise where is the fun ;-p) and she was always warning me that one day I'd get lost and what do you know, one day I did. A shop assistant found me and was asking me what my mummy looked like and the extent of my input on the situation was that she was wearing a red coat. Very helpful.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #13
MunchBox
I threw my pie for you.

I am currently:

Most recently was towards the end of last year when I went out drinking with uni friends. I was ****-faced and had to catch the last two, two hour long buses of the night, to get home, after getting on the first one, I felt like vomming, so got off before asking the driver if this was last bus, he said it was but I stupidly continued to get off thinking he'd be kind enough to wait for poor drunk girl vomming - I was wrong. The bus left and started walking until I got to the start of a dual carriageway God knows where, then I thought "fuck that shit" called Mother, who called a taxi; £30 later I was tucked away in bad. Thanks you, Mother.

Sweetpea

MunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #14
Laura2.0

I got lost in the middle of nowhere (literally) with my horse.
Then I decided that I might as well let the horse decide which way to take and he found the way back to the stable.

You survived the abuse.
You're gonna survive the recovery.

- Olivia Benson

Laura, Ginger, Cassi, Luna, Joni, Lena

Laura2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #15
The Stolen One
Caz

I am currently:

I've been pretty lost in Manchester trying to find the building to take my theory test
Luckily I know how awful I am so we doing this a week before the actual test

In my first week at uni I had to go out one evening, came back on train and got SO lost it was awful
My phone battery was nearly gone as well. Now I know my way around I realise I must have walked in circles for an hour. Was dark and actually very scary

There will always be a happy ending. If its not happy then its not yet the end.
Spongebob

The Stolen One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #16
cloudedmind

I am currently:

I got lost in the middle of Dorset once (I live in London). We were on a school trip and somehow myself and two friends ended up in the middle of nowhere in a field with nobody else to be seen..

I've also been lost around London a number of times (but it's luckily fairly easy to navigate) and Watford just recently when no trains were running...

cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #17
Jefferson.Meriwether
This is Sparta

Once when I was a kid I got lost in the middle of Bristol. Last Friday I got slightly lost cycling across the Mendip Hills.

Tiff is my RYL Mum
Sefka is my RYL Sis

Jefferson.Meriwether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #18
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

I got lost today!!

Took a shortcut and ended up wondering around this very small area for 20 minutes trying to find a blessed building that I had been to in my head 2 times previously eventually found the building 5 mins away and very embarrassed moaned to a friend who pointed out that the 1st time we had Saturday school we were based were I was walking around so I wasn't to wrong!!!

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #19
Eccentrics
Occasionally lurking

I am currently:

Tesco :(

Eccentrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #20
Aubergine
You've got this.

I am currently:

I got on a local bus that was going the wrong way. I realised that it was going in the wrong direction, but when it stopped and I got off I didn't have a clue where I was or how to get home. I phone my Mum who came and found me (once I'd located a road name sign). I was being a bit mental at the time, so I blame the brain cooties...

“Our defeats are softened and our victories are sweetened because we did it together.” - Toby Ziegler.

This isn't everything you are.

Aubergine is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)