RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 11-05-2009, 11:21 PM   #2821
PaperClip
Every Diamond Has Its Flaw!

I am currently:

Hey Gold - congrats!

My mum took it fine when i told her i was pregnant, my dad on the other hand was completely peeved - he knew i wanted to have a bubba but he didnt like the fact i had just started a brill job 6 months before etc.

He totally spoils him rotten now, and cried when he saw him for the first time!! xx It will all work out - PM box is open if you need a chat anytime x x

StillBroken is my cool lil sis!!! - surprising mystery is my uber-cool monkey!!!zowie is my lil sis !!!!- LetDeathEmbraceUs is my Wolfie !!!
BrokenKisses is my DizzyCandyFloss !!! rachel487 is my lil sis !!! nuttergirl is my kool neice !!! CrazyKat is my book buddie !!!
NO MATTER HOW BAD YOU FEEL - ONE NICE PM TO SOMEONE NEW A DAY HELPS!!! TRY IT!!!

PaperClip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #2822
Slip
Manic-Peaceful-Chaos

I am currently:

So...

I had my dating scan - but the sonorgrapher couldn't get the messurements needed for the nuchal scan thingy because the bubs insisted on lying on his head the whole time!!!

After two attempts & 4 cups of water I have to go back on friday to have another scan.. .if they can't get it then I'll have to wait & have a triple test....

Just wanted to share...

xxx

I know its a wonderful world.

Slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:02 PM   #2823
PaperClip
Every Diamond Has Its Flaw!

I am currently:

My second scan was like that - the woman made me go buy a bar of chocolate and walk around for 1/2 hour! Still didnt work - in the end i had to bounce my hips around the bed to get him to move!! xx

StillBroken is my cool lil sis!!! - surprising mystery is my uber-cool monkey!!!zowie is my lil sis !!!!- LetDeathEmbraceUs is my Wolfie !!!
BrokenKisses is my DizzyCandyFloss !!! rachel487 is my lil sis !!! nuttergirl is my kool neice !!! CrazyKat is my book buddie !!!
NO MATTER HOW BAD YOU FEEL - ONE NICE PM TO SOMEONE NEW A DAY HELPS!!! TRY IT!!!

PaperClip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #2824
Slip
Manic-Peaceful-Chaos

I am currently:

lol!! - yep tried the hip bouncing thing! Oh well I'm sure it'll be ok next time round! x

I know its a wonderful world.

Slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #2825
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

i've never had the nuchal fold thing, because at the time of dating i was either too early or too late for it. sorry i haven't been about much, my laptop charger has blown again, waiting for dad to fix it.

quick updates...
chloe's latest phrase is uh-oh! she can now stand up unaided (without pulling up on anything) and the clarks woman still wont sell us shoes grrrr.

hope you're all ok, mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.
I AM A PROUD PLUMERIA SISTER

Mand x

Mandimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #2826
Raven

I am currently:

lol i know that one mand, freyja says uh oh a lot too. she started standing up by herself from sitting about a week or two ago and there is absolutely no stopping her now. she walks 90% of the time. and she thinks everything that is a living being but isnt human is a cat. she says cat cat cat at every animal including dogs and horses lol.
why wont she sell you shoes?

"When I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you" - Dr Samuel Loomis

Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #2827
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

because chloe prefers to sit or crawl on carpet, i think because we don't have carpet at home, she's not used to the feel and also because the patterns engross her, she tries to pull/scratch/eat patterns off things.

chloe thinks everything is a dog, she goes 'bow woe woe woe woe woe' at everything, occasionally we'll get an ahh aaaaah for a monkey, and a bababababaaaaaa when timmy time is on... i've found out another clark's from a mum at signing class today, she said her daughter didn't even get out of the pram to be measured, let alone had to walk about, she also said her daughter did the same things as chloe and was much more confident in shoes and went from wobbly to running in a week, her daughter is 2 weeks older than chloe.

so hopefully tomorrow....

ps pregnancy sickness is horrible. i've felt sick for weeks now, and have just given the toilet my tea, feel a bit better now though.

also i have to see a woman physio now and she's horrible can hardly walk after seeing her, told her what she was doing hurt, but she carried on. she suggested my pain was a UTI and not PGP (er hello... for 18 weeks???) and obviously doesn't understand PGP, pregnancy or how the pelvis works, i want my nice man back. another mum at signing had to see her in the last pregnancy she had, i was describing her and she went 'uhoh i think that's who i had to see, she's horrible!'

mand x

Mand, South Wales, Full-time working, single mother to 2 scarily independent girls.

Mand x

Old 16-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #2828
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

victorious! we have SHOES! we went to a idfferent clarks and the woman just measured her, put on the shoes, took her photo (first shoes gets a free polaroid in a piccy frame) and we paid and left. they're black patent with little purple lights in the heels, silvery/lilac butterflies and a few sequins stitched on. i also boought some patent touch up stuff, looks like black nail varnish! think i will let daddy tackle that one when it comes to it, then he gets blamed if it looks crap!!

she's unsure about them. she's done a few steps, but keeps crying, so we left them on for a good few hours when we got home just to get used to the feel, and she has done a few stompy steps, but is avoiding stepping, i guess all new shoes feel a bit funny though eh?
mand x

Mand x

Old 16-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #2829
bigmouth
cucarachita martina

Aww bless her, those shoes sound cute and haha I'm the same, make Ernie do that kind of thing so can blame him if it's a mess. Must be a starnge to suddenly have shoes attached to your feet, I hope she gets used to them soon.

Adela's teething, not sleeping and driving me mad, poor little thing

Anna XXX

bigmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2009, 06:27 AM   #2830
Raven

I am currently:

glad you finally got the shoes!!!

i sympathise anna. she went off her food night before last and all yesterday then when i was half way through cooking dinner last night she threw up EVERYWHERE. i got upset because of the look on her face and it was just pouring from her mouth and nose. it was very scary to watch for the first time, though she did sick up a lot when she was a baby its much different seeing her properly throw up. i didnt give her a bottle last night to try and save her tummy, but she threw up again about 10pm, all over herself and my hands yuck.
she slept more or less through the night i was up a couple of times with her, but seems in better spirits so she is having a little milk now. if she is sick, then we will leave it a few days but i think she was hungry.

Old 17-05-2009, 01:02 PM   #2831
bigmouth
cucarachita martina

Poor freyja! I hope she's feeling better soon. My sister's sister in law had a baby girl on tuesday, she called her Freya. Im going to visit them next weekend, take some of adela's old clothes and probably get stupidly jelous over the little one, I want another baby!

Anna XXX

Old 17-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #2832
Raven

I am currently:

shes still not well but so far hasnt been sick. its now travelled south and her bum is sporadically exploding - not much is coming out, but my god it stinks and its loud.
have been trying to keep her hydrated but she wont take any fluids so if she doesnt soon i will be getting on the phone to nhs 24

awwww how sweet!!!!!! congratulations to your sisters SIL. freya is a lovely name seems like its suddenly becoming popular again lol. I know how you feel though, im yearning for another.

Old 17-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #2833
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

you could try giving her water/diaoralyte (rehydration salts) on a spoon or with a dropper. also try it frozen into ice-cubes (i usually make really thin ones, then break into 4 pieces) chloe loves sucking ice. for her bum try the yellow cream Metanium, we found it works better than sudocrem as it is partially absorbed so heals as well as provides a barrier, but only use a little - it get everywhere!

for teething the best thing i've found is to cut peppers into quite wide strips, freeze them, then let the baby chomp on them. it doesn't matter if they manage to eat some, but they stay cold for ages. She walked holding my hand today into church - first time for that. she is tripping over the ends of the shoes a bit, but is already realising to walk flatfooted instead of tippytoes. She's also not as wobbly, but still not completley enjoying the experience. She would never walk or crawl with soft shoes or y'know those sandally type shoes you get with outfits - a thin cardboardy sole with a bit of elastic to hold it on... she always hated them, she just can't get these off, she's getting praised when she sits still to have them on and plenty of excitement when she walks in them 'are you walking in your new shoooooooooooooze??' type of thing, then she points at them and starts squealing and talking.

we bought some reins today so we have them ready, also mothercare have got cute sunhats atm - we got a pink soft cap with a let-down flap at the back to protect the neck, it rolls up and secures with velcro when not in use. i think they cost 5-6 quid depending on size.
mand x

Mand x

Old 18-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #2834
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

awww so cute. we got chloe her v-tech zimmerframe style thing when she could do that. now she practically runs around the room with it!
mand x

Mand x

Old 19-05-2009, 12:15 AM   #2835
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

i'm a bit disappointed with the health visitors today. first off they sent us an appointment for jabs last week, we got there and discovered it was for jabs she had already had! then this week we get the correct appointment through for her mrr + pneumococcal (sp?) and we get there and they've run out of the pneumococcal. in our clinic they give both vaccines together into the same arm, you can only have one injection per 4 weeks, so now we've got to go back again in 4 weeks for the 2nd one. then i heard them saying to the people behind us to go back in a week and get them all together...

what sort of system gives people appointments and then either doesn't check they have enough or lets people who have missed appointments just turn up and don't make sure they have enough left for those who have been asked to come at a specific time?

surely appointments should be done say the first 2 hours and then anybody else the last 2 hours or some sort of system?

Chloe's been quite unwell with these ones. eyes and nose streaming, lots of sneezing, temperature - we've had her stripped off most of the day and not wanting to eat at all. i hope its just been worse coz she's teething and it's not going to set a pattern. mand x

Mand x

Old 19-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #2836
bigmouth
cucarachita martina

How annoying! But in a way mayb it's a blessing in disguise mand because if she's been unwell with this one it could be better that she didn't have another one at the same time.

I've sorted out work, going back on he 27th of July and my mother in law is going to come and live with us for 6 months probably starting from August but dependant on travel visas etc. I'm going to make the most of my sanity while I've still got it!

Anna XXX

Old 19-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #2837
Raven

I am currently:

thanks mand she seems much better today, she actually had a bottle and some breakfast which she hasnt done for days. im chuffed!

well done to kyle taking his steps!!!

and oh my god anna i dont envy you!

Old 19-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #2838
Kelly

I am currently:

Try and see it as a good thing Mand, at least her body will have a chance to recover before the next one instead of dealing with two at once - especially if she had a bad reaction, as Anna said. But that's the point of view of someone who doesn't vaccinate so take it as you like ;)

Good luck with that Anna, rather you than me! Do you get on well with your MIL?

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #2839
Mandimoo
Mummy!!

I am currently:

i had measles when i was young and had near fatal complications, where we lived they stopped vaccinating for mmr because of all the controversy, so it wasn't even offered. i know i was really ill, so i'll do anythign to avoid that for chloe.

what really annoyed me is that they could have rung me and said come in next week for both... here's hoping they have some to give in 4 weeks! mand x

Mand x

Old 19-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #2840
bigmouth
cucarachita martina

I get on ok with my MIL but I know it's going to be hard going, she speaks no english and will be scared of london, but erne only leaves for work at 5pm so willbe able to keep her company most days and my work is shifts so it will be useful that she will be around to look after adela when we're both working late. the flat is small though, I think thats the part that will get to me the most but trying to concentrate on the positives. At the end of the day I took her only son thousends of miles away from her and she's never been bitter so I'd like her to see a fair bit of adela while she's still small

Anna XXX

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)