RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 20-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
xXcanthelpmyselfXx
xXcanthelpmyselfXx

I am currently:
Contains ED - Getting Help

I made an appointment to start counseling again on Tuesday. I feel like I should be excited or something, because I could get better.. But for whatever reason I just feel like life slaps me in the face enough that this is just going to be another gigantic waste of my time.

My mom and I finally discussed that I was raped in high school. And I thought it would make her more understanding as to why I need help but instead she just seems the same as before, like the last time I tried counseling; like I'm blowing her money and asking for attention.

All I've been able to do for the last three+ months is lay in my bed and cry. I stopped going out again. I really want help but I'm afraid it's not going to work again. Last time I relapsed in both SH and my ED came back, both with a new fierceness, and I'm really afraid of that happening again.

I know I sound like a whiney child right now but I would honestly love some good feedback/support. Thank you.

~ I'll Paint You A Picture, I'll Paint It With A Twist, I'll Paint It In Red, With The Canvas On My Wrist.~

xXcanthelpmyselfXx is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Old 20-06-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
nowhereman

I am currently:

Good luck and well done for making the choice to get help. Hope it all works out. I. Sorry for what happened to you but I hope you will learn to move on and not let it ruin your life anymore. Take care.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #3
AspiringTrampoline

I am currently:

Hello,
I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through. I think that it is understandable that you have worries about the success of counseling as a result of the unpleasant experience that you've had. However, I think that these doubts shouldn't stop you from seeking counseling this time. Counseling can be very effective indeed and there's also a pretty good chance that counseling will give you a lot of support you need to overcome these problems. It will help you recover much faster I think.
Maybe you could think about the factors which caused you to relapse the last time so that you can avoid them this time ??
Hope this helps ,

AspiringTrampoline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Wishing you all the very best with counselling; I hope you find it really helpful.

It can be really difficult to talk about things, but if you can manage to really commit to working through things, hopefully you will get lots out of the counselling.

Oh, and well done for being pro-active and making the appointment!

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)