RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 03-04-2015, 04:42 PM   #1
HeliumHelmets

Contains sexual abuse - I don't know where to go from here.

I've never talked to a doctor or a therapist about what happened to me. Some of the people in my life are aware. My fiance, my two ex boyfriends, a friend, and my father.

It's been years since I was sexually assaulted, and I still don't know how to deal with it. I have found that situations that remind me of what happened trigger panic attacks or dissociative symptoms (I don't have DID, but I switch to this young girl personality called Katie, idk why. Brains are awful sometimes!)

I don't know how to open up to my doctor or my support worker about this. I just feel empty and awful.

HeliumHelmets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:52 PM   #2
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

a lot of people find it easierto open up to people by writting it down, do you think that might work for you? Or maybe you could take someone who knows with you for support?

Also there are a couple of links in my signature that you may find helpful.

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #3
Epicene

I am currently:

How much have you disclosed to your fiance? I wonder if there's any scope to sharing your feelings with him and allowing him to help with dissociative symptoms (such as recognising when you are triggered and offering hugs or grounding techniques).

I do think you can still move forwards and learn to cope with the trauma. Sometimes it does take years, but that doesn't mean you'll be struggling forever. Would you think about getting professional help?

Epicene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2015, 01:40 PM   #4
HeliumHelmets

My fiance knows everything about the situation. He's going with me to my next doctor's appointment. I hope things get easier soon :)

HeliumHelmets is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)