RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 19-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
Wolfir

I am currently:
Hi

Erm I keep getting triggered when I get aroused. I used to cut myself 'down there' im just wondering if it's normal, well obviously not really. But I mean has anyone else done that before

One day I will find my hero and I will be saved from my life

Wolfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2013, 12:09 AM   #2
littlemonster11

I am currently:

I personally have never felt this way, but my self-harm locations are different from yours. It makes sense that you would feel urges when you're aroused though. The arousal draws your attention to those private areas and since you've been associating self-harm with the area, it's one of the first things that comes to mind.

I think the only solution to your problem, however is to stop harming yourself in that spot. I mean, the goal should be to stop self-harm altogether, but I think this is why that association is happening.

I don't know if this content is offensive, but I would try associating arousal with positive things to counter this. In other words, good sex or masturbation (since those tend to be the things we follow arousal with). Perhaps associating your genitals with something as pleasurable as an orgasm would help break the urges, or at least help them become less prominent.

If you need to private message me, go ahead! I don't want to make you uncomfortable.

Stay safe!
Allison

Success is not final.
Failure is not fatal.
It is the courage to continue that counts.
-Winston Churchill

littlemonster11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)