RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2016, 06:34 PM   #1
Gaiaphage

I am currently:
Contains bullying - Turns out I'm not as 'recovered' as I thought

I'm so sorry for making a thread when I haven't replied to anyone for God knows how long. I've been lurking and used to post on here a lot in the past (under different usernames) but I thought I've been doing OK.

Long story short - I was psychologically bullied past endurance when I started secondary school (lets call it School 1) for just over three years. Eventually moved schools to School 2 and managed to start the long road to recovery, which took ten years of self harm, anxiety, depression, Borderline Personality Disorder, hospital, counselling, Crisis Team, etc. I thought I was doing pretty well - I can talk to people now, I have a good relationship, I'm not the person I was when I was at my lowest.

Today my partner texted me from work to say he had met one of my friends from School 2 - the one that helped me start recovery. He told me who it was - one of the group of people there that made me feel exactly like I was back in School 1, the one who made me feel an inch tall just by being in the same room, the one who absolutely terrified me. I've been shaking for the past two hours, was absolutely convinced my partner was going to be bring him home to say hello (he doesn't have a clue who this guy was to me at school). I feel absolutely devastated, close to tears, close to SH. It's just come so out the blue and it's so unexpected. My partner didn't bring him home (why the hell would he?!), but I'm still just.....an absolute wreck. I don't know how to cope.

I'm so sorry for such a long post

Gaiaphage is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Hugs Given By :
Old 13-05-2016, 02:32 PM   #2
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

That sounds so difficult ! How are you today ? Xx

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2016, 05:36 PM   #3
Amaryllis
Forum Mod

I am currently:

That sounds pretty scary!

While people can change, and this person may have I think it would be important for you to tell your partner who this person was. To help keep you safe.

Men come and go, but dust accumulates.

Amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2016, 07:02 PM   #4
Gaiaphage

I am currently:

Thank you so much for the replies guys, and I am so sorry that it's taken me so long to reply. We went camping for a couple of nights and didn't have internet.

Thank you for being so understanding, I was getting a bit paranoid that I was over reacting a lot so it's nice to know that people understand. I am feeling a bit better now, I let my partner read my post as I'm rubbish at explaining things by talking and he was really understanding. He apologised for even bringing it up, which isn't his fault at all - how was he supposed to know! He was being kind thinking that maybe it was a friend I lost contact with. He's said that he will never let anything like the bullying happen to me again, which I know is impossible in reality - if it could be stopped, a lot of us would be a lot happier!! But it's nice to know I have his support and someone to talk to

Thank you again!

"We’ll behave like a bunch of holier-than-thou hypocrites. Because the alternative is to look at ourselves in the mirror and know that we are capable of dark and terrible things"

"We didn't make this world - we're just the poor fools who are living in it"

"Superpowers don't always make you a superhero"

Michael Grant

Old 18-05-2016, 02:39 PM   #5
Uglyducklin

I am currently:

I'm so pleased he is being supportive and kind.i hope you can continue to keep talking it through with your partner and here x

Uglyducklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2016, 11:11 PM   #6
Gaiaphage

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglyducklin View Post
I'm so pleased he is being supportive and kind.i hope you can continue to keep talking it through with your partner and here x
Thank you

"We’ll behave like a bunch of holier-than-thou hypocrites. Because the alternative is to look at ourselves in the mirror and know that we are capable of dark and terrible things"

"We didn't make this world - we're just the poor fools who are living in it"

"Superpowers don't always make you a superhero"

Michael Grant

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)