RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 16-03-2020, 05:17 PM   #41
Auror.
Camden

I noticed that here too. If you aren't on lockdown, I can see that there are other websites where folks who are not self quarantining are willing to go grocery shopping or pick up items for people if they need it. Obviously that is higher risk, but if you cannot wait it might be worth a try?

Last edited by Pi.R^2 : 21-04-2023 at 06:49 PM. Reason: please see your PMs!

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

You can't always keep it separate.
This is happening, this is part of you.

Auror. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 06:33 PM   #42
Auror.
Camden

Oh good!

Please do not give me virtual hugs unless you are only using the hug function on threads. Thanks.

Old 16-03-2020, 09:58 PM   #43
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

What would people class as “unnecessary travel?”

The Worst Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 09:59 PM   #44
Shirayuki
No one deserves to be forgotten

I am currently:

What do you mean?

We'll make it together, one small step at a time

Shirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 10:21 PM   #45
Greyscale
Chat Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Worst Witch View Post
What would people class as “unnecessary travel?”
I suppose I'd class it as like, going on vacation or something. Context might clarify though, what context did you see that in? It might also mean like, taking transit across town when you don't really need to, or something?

Greyscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2020, 10:29 PM   #46
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

My uni has shut down for face to face classes, but the library is still open for students who have exams to revise and get the books they need, plus access to computers (you have to book them). Would booking a computer at uni, and therefore travelling to it, be unnecessary?

Old 16-03-2020, 10:38 PM   #47
Auror.
Camden

Quote:
My uni has shut down for face to face classes, but the library is still open for students who have exams to revise and get the books they need, plus access to computers (you have to book them). Would booking a computer at uni, and therefore travelling to it, be unnecessary?
That is hard. Can you reach out to whomever is in charge of your courses to explain and ask how they want you to handle it? Also, if you do, and you do not feel safe traveling to uni, I think you can say that and ask for an alternative. I know it is not quite the same, but when I emailed my future advisor, he said not to come in until I feel safe, and that he was also working from home for now.

Last edited by Auror. : 16-03-2020 at 10:47 PM.

Old 16-03-2020, 11:28 PM   #48
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I think it would be ok to go in and get all the stuff I need to then work at home? As I can’t do anything without access to the computer system, so going in and getting everything I need should be ok? I think I’ll walk just incase.

Old 16-03-2020, 11:32 PM   #49
Auror.
Camden

That makes sense. How far of a walk is it? I know our uni's libraries all are closed.

Old 16-03-2020, 11:39 PM   #50
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

About half an hour walk there and then the same back. I sometimes walk when I’m not in a rush or if I can’t spare the bus fare at the end of the month and I’m waiting for my loan.

Old 16-03-2020, 11:40 PM   #51
Greyscale
Chat Mod

Quote:
I think this would not be classed as unnecessary. You should be fine, and walking is definitely lower risk than bus or train although either way as long as you aren't high risk and wash hands and use hand sanitizer as recommended I think you could do either

Greyscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2020, 06:51 PM   #52
Indigo.
Wir und die Todten reiten schnell.

I am currently:

If you can replace it with an alternative option that doesn't involve travel, then it's unnecessary.

If you have to go pick up those books, it might be best to walk there, grab the books, and walk back. Don't stay longer than it takes you to get the books. Sometimes you can access books online via your university account, but it sadly doesn't apply to all books - if you haven't already, it might be worth checking if you can do that, at least for some of them :)

If I only could
make a deal with God.

Indigo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2020, 11:07 PM   #53
The Worst Witch

I am currently:

I managed to get everything I need emailed to me, so in that sense, I'm all set to go with what I need to do. Just praying that the progression board will take pity on us all, because we can't finish placement etc and it's unlikely we'll graduate this year. A bit nervous about it all, but my dad said he'd support me in anyway I needed so I at least have that.

Old 18-03-2020, 05:03 PM   #54
Shirayuki
No one deserves to be forgotten

I am currently:

schools might be closed for 8 weeks more >.<

We'll make it together, one small step at a time

Shirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2020, 08:53 PM   #55
zombiehunter
thinking

I am currently:

there's a delay in getting my meds because of panicky twats taking up space at the doctors and I took my last tablet today, if I don't get it sorted tomorrow I will start withdrawing

we cant go visit my wee granny at the care home cos its on lockdown

my krav maga classes are cancelled for the next two weeks, I finally found something that was helping with my mental health and its been taken away from me

zombiehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2020, 09:13 PM   #56
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

My school is closing on Friday. Lots of our students have EHCPs or have parents who are key workers, which may mean they will remain in some kind of skeletal school. I don't know. I don't know what the plan is and what I'll need to do and I'm in a risk group and can apparently 'choose' to self isolate. Like I can't make that choice. I know i am desperately needed, we all are right now, so I will stay. Of course I will.

But I'm frightened. I have a student I'm not sure will be fed if he's sent home for months. Some of our parents may not survive thus, last time our school shut for a prolonged period without being able to offer alternate support, we had two parental suicides. I'm frightened.

And angry.

And so so tired. We're working flat out, and I know everyone is and I'm not moaning like I'm the only one... But if you're tired please know that I feel you. I understand. I've pretty much stopped sleeping.

Ugh.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2020, 09:49 PM   #57
tamobhuuta

All Masses have been cancelled :(

Ying tong iddle ai po!

tamobhuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2020, 10:23 PM   #58
Auror.
Camden

Many churches are live streaming their services for free online!

I don't know about in the UK, but I know here many, many places are coming up with meals and packaged foods to be sent home for children, and childcare alternatives for folks who do have to continue to work.

Old 19-03-2020, 03:40 AM   #59
WhiteRaven

I live in Fairbanks, Alaska, and got out of the psych ward 2 weeks ago. I'd built up my recovery plan on pillars based on social support and interaction, and now it's all being stripped away. No church, no support groups, no gym, no soup kitchen, even the bus system is stopping tomorrow. I'm worried because those things helped me get out of my own head and resist cutting, but now I'm worried I'll go back to that to deal with my thoughts. On a good note, though, we're finally experiencing temperatures above freezing so the snow is melting some.

WhiteRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2020, 11:11 PM   #60
Koala hugs

I am currently:

Definitely sounds outta order to me .I'm sorry u had to deal with that .hope Ur breathing improves soon

Koala hugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)