RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #81
Rageaholic
Free Speech Absolutist

I am currently:

The fall of civilization would be a good thing? Alright, now I know the kind of people I'm debating with.

Not worth it.

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.”
― United Nations, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Rageaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #82
BridgesAndBalloons
A Thimblesworth of Milky Moon

Only the strongest, most intelligent, most 'valuable' being allowed to breed, sounds a lot like Hitler.

BridgesAndBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #83
Leo Pard
Flem Fatale

I am currently:

Next thing we know, they will be able to vote! I ask you!

LOLJOKE I'm a genderfu*k, I'm aloud to say that.

The world is just illusion always trying to change me.
You will find wonder wherever you can, and spread joy whenever you are able.

I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, divide within me. - Frankenstein.

Leo Pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2011, 01:03 AM   #84
Rageaholic
Free Speech Absolutist

I am currently:

Maybe I do, I think breeding should be a privilege not a right. In order to be a parent you should have some basic qualifications emotionally, financially and intellectually. Rather than the borderline retarded, drug addicted, prostitute popping out 8 kids by 8 different men and being allowed to KEEP THEM and collect MONEY for them.

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.”

Old 26-09-2011, 01:13 AM   #85
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

While I agree it would be more helpful if a person was financially and intellectually capable of raising a child before they had them, we have no right to deny people the right to produce offspring if they desire.

Imperfection is underrated.

Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2011, 02:56 AM   #86
Rageaholic
Free Speech Absolutist

I am currently:

HA! For all this talk of overpopulation and population control then we don't want to deny people from having children when they're clearly incapable of caring for them properly?

Old 26-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #87
Buttons.
Never knowing...a helping hand or hell to pay?

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragaholic View Post
HA! For all this talk of overpopulation and population control then we don't want to deny people from having children when they're clearly incapable of caring for them properly?
So now that it suits your argument we are overpopulated? Interesting.

'Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'

['There is only one thing we say to death. Not today'.']

'We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.’ – Oscar Wilde
‘It’s hard to dance with the devil on your back.’ Sydney Carter

Buttons. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #88
Rageaholic
Free Speech Absolutist

I am currently:

Didn't say that, I merely find it funny that for all this talk about overpopulation we seem believe that having children is a right instead of a privilege. Just because I don't think we're overpopulated doesn't mean that I think we should allow everyone to reproduce.

Old 26-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #89
ferretmonster

I can't even believe someone tried to compare gay people to paedos, I'm just disgusted by such statements and the people who make such ignorant bigoted views,

ferretmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 03:15 AM   #90
Rageaholic
Free Speech Absolutist

I am currently:

It's disgusting to you because you're not a pedo. And just like you find pedophilia unnatural and disgusting, others find homosexuality unnatural and disgusting.

I mean for all this talk about who's narrow minded and this and that, when it comes to something that YOU (the general you, not the above poster) don't agree with you get narrow minded right fast just like most of the rest of us.

Old 27-09-2011, 03:25 AM   #91
Lluviazul
m-t

I am currently:

this is great news :)

Lluviazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 04:31 AM   #92
Soviette

I am currently:

Quote:
Maybe I do, I think breeding should be a privilege not a right. In order to be a parent you should have some basic qualifications emotionally, financially and intellectually. Rather than the borderline retarded, drug addicted, prostitute popping out 8 kids by 8 different men and being allowed to KEEP THEM and collect MONEY for them.
Generally, if a woman is a "borderline, drug-addicted prostitute" she doesn't really tend to keep her kids anyway, they get taken off her or raised by other family because she's unfit. But I'm interested in how you plan to stop people "breeding" unless you support some form of eugenics.

Quote:
It's disgusting to you because you're not a pedo. And just like you find pedophilia unnatural and disgusting, others find homosexuality unnatural and disgusting.

I mean for all this talk about who's narrow minded and this and that, when it comes to something that YOU (the general you, not the above poster) don't agree with you get narrow minded right fast just like most of the rest of us.
I think it's true some people can't help being attracted to children, whether it's 'natural' or not, there's obviously real psychological reasons why some adults are sexually attracted to children and they obviously can't help it. That being said - that's where most people draw the line, because children are underage and can't properly consent to sex, that's why it's abuse and strongly illegal.

I know it's not the most PC thing to say, but I don't actually disagree homosexuality might be unnatural or a sexual disorder, because the theory that it's to control overpopulation isn't in any ways proven and our natural purpose is to reproduce which can only be done by males and females copulating, but I support equal rights for homosexuals because I believe an adult has the right to have sex with another consenting adult, regardless of sex, because it doesn't harm anyone or society. If it does "harm" society, explain how?

Soviette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #93
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

Quote:

I find pedophilia unnatural because it is not between two consenting adults. Just as rape is unnatural because it's not between two consenting adults. There is nothing unnatural about ANY sexual relationship between two consenting adults.

Old 27-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #94
Rageaholic
Free Speech Absolutist

I am currently:

Ah but rape isn't unnatural, in the animal kingdom rape happens all the time among a vast array of species.

Old 27-09-2011, 01:31 PM   #95
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

In humans it is, because we have evolved to differentiate between consent and force. We have the capacity to make choice. Just as we chose to agree it is wrong to have sex with children, we chose to agree it's wrong to have sex without consent. So no, in our species, rape is not natural.

Old 27-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #96
BridgesAndBalloons
A Thimblesworth of Milky Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaCulpa View Post
In humans it is, because we have evolved to differentiate between consent and force. We have the capacity to make choice. Just as we chose to agree it is wrong to have sex with children, we chose to agree it's wrong to have sex without consent. So no, in our species, rape is not natural.
I agree, as more evolved beings we can make choices and can recognise the difference between wrong and right and understand that sex with someone who doesn't consent/can't consent, regardless of who it is, is wrong.

BridgesAndBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #97
Turtleface

I am currently:

Woah, slow down Mr. Angry-Marine

So are you are saying?:
1. Homosexuality is unnatural and homosexuals should not be allowed to reproduce?
2. Other selected minorities of your disliking should also not be allowed to produce?
3. The world is NOT overpopulated despite the human race is exhausting natural resources and strangling other animals into extinction?
4. Overpopulation can be solved simply by shifting people around?
5. Infertile people should not seek a relationship
6. Older people should turn to adultery if they wish to continue reproducing
7. execution is a valid form of punishment.
8. pedophilia is natural and we just don't understand it? or something
9. rape is natural and we just don't understand it?

I may have misread some things because I honestly just skimmed over your last few posts adn shoe-horned them.

Now, I was going to post a response but i think this speaks for itself. I am not trying to douse the flamewar that this is becoming with more fuel I so shall continue by merely stating my own opinion.

Same sex marriage is currently legal in some places in my country but not all, unions are legal everywhere. I believe that same sex marriage should be legal everywhere.

The best argument I have heard as to why same sex marriage should not be legal is that marriage is a construct of the church, a specific oath that is sworn to god that may only be made with a women. I can't quite remember it specifically but the way they put it forcing a bishop to marry two people of the same sex when that bishop does not believe it is forcing that bishop to partake in an unholy oath and it is therefore sin.

Now that is all well and good but I answer it simply with the church is not the only organisation that has the ability to marry and a specific one could even be constructed to serve to purpose.

I believe gay marriage should be legal.

Turtleface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #98
ferretmonster

Right, I didn't have time this morning to reply but when i wrote my last post i did concider saying something about my view perhaps being bigoted in some way but the difference is i am bigoted against people who wish to hurt/ do hurt verbally or physically people who are doing no harm.

Gay relationships with consent hurt no one, it is simply two adult who love each other no matter which bits jangle. how can that be unnatural?

I find paedos disgusting because they are forcing themselves upon children who have little understanding and no way of consenting fully (due to their understanding or lack of). How is that similar to two consenting adults who love each other?

I am disgusted by people hating because of some twisted view point of other decent members of our society. Gay, black, jew, atheist...where does the hatred end?

What harm does it do to you if two men get married in a lasting relationship?

Old 27-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #99
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch

I am currently:

^ Because it's 'not natural' because children can't be produced. *sighs*

And I suppose there is noting 'unnatural' about heterosexual people engaging in, say, oral sex? Don't get kids from that - so does that make it as 'wrong' as being gay?!

Old 27-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #100
ferretmonster

But it does no one any harm. *sigh* (no aimed at you Mea)

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)