RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #23181
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

This threads a bit slow lol

claire how are you?

Hope you have a good move mark.

Shrink - i think you need to see someone professional for support rather than people you know.

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #23182
Doikers
Louder Than God's Revolver and Twice as Shiny

I am currently:

Shrink,I agree with TIG .
I'l catch y'all at my new permanent home

I'm still not comfortable in my skin and the anasthetic's slowly wearing thin - Otep
Everyones lost but me! - Indiana Jones

It's okay , they know me here .

Kahlia1981 is my adopted little sister :)

''Courage doesn't always roar , sometimes courage is that little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow"

Doikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #23183
Shrink

I am currently:

I'm waiting for a psychologist appointment to come through.

Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #23184
ferretmonster

Hi Shrink, i think Mari is right, perhaps try and think before you text, if this is too much (as i once found it) remove their numbers from your phone, write them down this might give you time to think should i send this text. Perhaps write a diary or keep a journal on here to try and have a place to rant until the app with the pysch.

Mari i am well not too bad, had time to calm down after wanting to cry or shout at my brother. Its his bday and he has been drinking so when his mate came round he thought it would be funny to destroy the puzzle i was working on and his only comment was "well we did a better job than you you've hardly done anything anyway".

Just seems he has no respect for anything about me or my stuff, i really do hate living with him, everytime i think i'll be nice (like this morning coz its his bday) he does something like this.

anyway sorry about the rant.

ferretmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #23185
Bleeding Angel

I am currently:

Claire i would try and have a word with your brother saying its not acceptable and how would he like it if you deleted the saves on a game he had been playing.

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Old 23-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #23186
Gone.

Hi, erm, I've not read much of this thread and I know I should have done but to post about this is quite overwhelming for me. The medical professionals say that I have BPD and I am really struggling with that possibility because it's giving me a lot more negative things to throw at myself. Also, it's hard because it's never been mentioned with me before and the person who suggested it has only seen me twice. I can't get DBT because there is no coverage of my area and the waiting lists are too extensive considering I'm in a time frame. I'm just scared of this label, I think.

I know I'm supposed to support people and I do try but I really don't feel in the right place for that right now, I'm sorry.

Left.

Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #23187
offlineforever
Left RYL

*hug attacks Belle* I have no words at the moment, but felt you needed hugs!

Left.

offlineforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #23188
Gone.

Thank you, Katy! I am appreciating the hugs! :D
*hugs back*

Left.

Old 23-03-2012, 12:28 AM   #23189
offlineforever
Left RYL

You can has real hugs next week!

Left.

Old 23-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #23190
Gone.

Yayayayay, I'm looking forward to that hugely! :)

Left.

Old 23-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #23191
offlineforever
Left RYL

Also, to go back to your first post, I completley get where you are coming from, because the exact same happened to me. Although I was told it was a possibility after my first meeting with my CMHT, they decided it was the current diagnosis after my second appointment. I personally found it a bit odd given that I have known it take ages for others to be diagnosed with BPD.

Left.

Old 23-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #23192
finding.my.wings

so last time i saw my psych doc... she said no meds for me. At first i was like yay thats great she thinks im not that bad
The following content has been hidden - Reason : triggering
but then i was like awwww no meds that means i gotta be resourceful when i wanna od
. I didnt say this to her or even ask why she thinks i shouldn't have them nut i kinda feel like i need something even just to help on the bad moments and with impulses. Im seeing her agin this coming week.... should i push meds?

Also have any of you heard of or done energy psychology.. it had tapping points on ur body and stuff.

The BRAVEST thing
I ever did was
CONTINUING MY LIFE
when I wanted to die.

finding.my.wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #23193
youonlyliveonce

hi guys sorry i havent got the brain space to reply im bit all over the place a lady who i was in hospital with over xmas who was sooo kind and supportive hung herself on the ward the otherday and i just found out last night..... how can that happen in there they r suppose to keep her safe

Old 23-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #23194
Tig

Oh Cheryl (?), I'm really sorry to hear that. Sending you many hugs. It's absolutely horrific - I have experienced similar but obviously not exactly the same. I am here if you need to talk.
xx

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #23195
ferretmonster

Cheryl i am so very sorry darling, look after yourself i am sure that's what the lady would want for you.

Mari, think is if i say anything it would start a worse fight, thank u for listening to me moan, hope it ok

Old 23-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #23196
Gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Days Gone Bye View Post
Also have any of you heard of or done energy psychology.. it had tapping points on ur body and stuff.
I've done Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) which involves tapping various points on your body (head, face, side, collar bone...). I've only had one session and have another on Saturday and found it incredibly intense but quite helpful. For me, I'd have been very self-conscious about doing it but I knew the practioner so that made things easier. You don't have to say anything that you're thinking about but memories-wise, it feels very real and I found it useful but difficult, though I suppose it was going to be because the past is a tough place for me.

I'd recommend giving it a go, though!

Cheryl (?), that sounds really difficult. Please look after yourself. Have you got anyone that you might be able to talk to?

Katy, yeah, this guy is trying to diagnose me after two appointments. My GP doesn't want me diagnosed with BPD though and we discussed the cons of it at my appointment today. What's happened now? Have you been diagnosed?

Also, my doctor hasn't heard of DBT... apparently few people have. She said that if it might help, she'd try to sneak me into the treatment place, even though I'm out of area.

Left.

Old 23-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #23197
ferretmonster

sorry for the brief post earlier, i was on my phone,

shine i had someone do that to me after 10 minutes, unfortunaltey they were right but it is frustrating.

umm forgot what i was going to say....

Old 23-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #23198
Bleeding Angel

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Days Gone Bye View Post
so last time i saw my psych doc... she said no meds for me. At first i was like yay thats great she thinks im not that bad
The following content has been hidden - Reason : triggering
but then i was like awwww no meds that means i gotta be resourceful when i wanna od
. I didnt say this to her or even ask why she thinks i shouldn't have them nut i kinda feel like i need something even just to help on the bad moments and with impulses. Im seeing her agin this coming week.... should i push meds?

If im honest i hate that kind of attitude from people, i dont see what the point of getting help its if your not going to be honest and get the help in the first place. Whats the point asking for meds if you are only wanting them to overdose on?

Hi belle and welcome

Old 23-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #23199
LozzyGirl
I'd rather be, anything but ordinary, please.

I am currently:

Hey everyone.
Sorry, I'm not really up for giving support right now, otherwise I would.
Not having a good time. I won't take up thread space though. Just thought I'd check in.

Terminally Sad
R.I.P Nan. Love you always.

LozzyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #23200
Tig

Shine ~ I hope your Doctor can get you some DBT if it is felt helpful for you. I'm surprised she hasn't heard of it! I thought in the NICE guidelines it was standard care for those diagnosed with BPD. I guess it just takes time though for everyone to hear these things. Hope you can get it though <3 When I did DBT, I didn't think it was helpful but I've realised now a few years along the line that I use the techniques subconsciously.

Days Gone Bye - I'm sorry you feel so bad that you would use your medication to overdose, rather than to help yourself. It must be a difficult place to be. Perhaps that is why your psych didn't prescribe it for you?

Lorraine - I am sorry you are not feeling too good at the moment. Would it be helpful for you to make your own thread in one of the forums such as serious/self injury/MH. People want to help and I appreciate you don't want to post here but there are other places on the board. Alternatively, you could e-mail the supporters.

I am not feeling too good. I am about to head home though which is a long journey, well it feels really long. Just over 3 hours on the train. See you on the other side!

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)