RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2009, 01:47 AM   #1
-Asphyxia-
-loser-

I am currently:
Sewing problems: Zig-Zag Stitch on Machine.

So...I have no idea if anyone will be able to help me with this, but I am basically trying to patch my jeans with a zig-zag stitch using a pretty new Singer machine that was bought w/in the past few years.

I am not a sewing expert (obviously), but I think everything is set up right as far as the bobbin thread, etc. go...Problem is, when I try to use a zig-zag stitch, my machine locks up and the thread itself gets all knotted and stuff on my sample fabric....I've messed around w/the tension, but no luck...WTF am I doing wrong? Am I really that stupid that I could get a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Metals and Printmaking but can't opperate a sewing machine? lol

I've tried googling Singer, but it's not much help...I think I'm going to try some sewing message boards or something... *geek*

This is really frustrating.

-poisonous-

-Asphyxia- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:50 AM   #2
flying[star]

stitch length maybe. i'm **** with sewing machines, but i know some stiches can't use short lengths. like the decrative stiches for example. i *think* zig-zag needs a longer length than say, straight stiches -- which is probbaly what your machine is set to

but you'd probably be better off hand-sewing anyway, especially if it's in an odd place

flying[star] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:13 AM   #3
Loveless.

I have no idea, but I do empathise with the evil little sewing machine that never does anything right. (:
Personally, I hand sew everything because of it. Though are you sure that your machine will be able to handle jeans + the patch material? It might not be capable of that, I know my old machines never liked jean material - it was always too thick/strong.

Loveless. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
Dicky T
Cheesy Balls

I know the following about stitching:

If you sow something in time (maybe there's a time limit or something because lets face it, that's the POINT of a sowing machine), you can save yourself exactally 9 stiches.

9!

Dicky!

Please listen to my music by clicking on the link below:

Dicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #5
Katiee
It's full of lonely.

I am currently:

Don't ask me I'm hopeless!

<3.

Katiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
-Asphyxia-
-loser-

I am currently:

Haha.....Damn sewing machines. Curses!

I will try messing with the stitch length, and if that doesn't work, I will do it by hand.

I actually don't mind sewing by hand - I find it relaxing - I kind of just wanted to figure out what the problem with this was. Oh well. Thanks!

-poisonous-

-Asphyxia- is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)