RYL Forums

Forum Jump

Old 19-05-2015, 10:34 PM   #1
HildaOgden

I am currently:
Question about the pill/Dianette

I was prescribed this 3 weeks ago. I've just finished the first pill strip so should have a period.

I had the last pill from the strip on Sunday. I would have thought I would have started my period by now but nothing.

I've to start taking the next strip on Monday next week.

Do you know how long it takes for a period to start after finishing a 3 week strip?

I'm feeling really low & the GP thinks it could be hormonal. I've reduced my anti depressants over the last 3 weeks too so my GP isn't sure if that's what's making me low.

I feel very isolated & unable to reach out in real life.
If it's the pill that's making me feel so low I don't think it's worth being on it.

2 Hugs Given By :
Old 20-05-2015, 12:03 AM   #2
Unbreakable.
We can try. We can always try.

I am currently:

When I was on the pill it took a few days of not taking it before my period started. I'm fairly sure sometimes it was also very light or just spotting. Bodies react differently to hormones, but you will learn with time how it works for your body.

I found that the pill helped me to be more stable with moods etc. Hopefully you will have a similar positive experience.

the sun

the moon

the truth

Old 20-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #3
tiptoes
Forum Mod

I am currently:

It's been so long since I was on a 3 week pill I can't remember how it was.

Just wanted to drop you a line to say that even if this pill does mess with your mood it doesn't mean that one of the other pills or contraceptive methods won't suit you better. One group of pills did awful things to my mood but then I switched to a different group of oral-contraception and my hormonal mood swings have disappeared completely.

In my dreams I slew the dragon

Old 20-05-2015, 10:35 PM   #4
HildaOgden

I am currently:

Thanks for your reply
I've only gone on this pill because of acne. I don't need it for contraception
I still haven't started my period. Feeling a touch brighter I think.

Old 21-05-2015, 04:07 PM   #5
Animad

It can take anything from one or 2days to come on your period to even almost a week and there is also a chance you won't have one. It depends how your body acts to it.

With regards to your mood, that's something we can't really comment on as it sounds like you've already discussed with your doctor but either the reduction in the antidepressant dose or the hormone change could be affecting how you feel. I'm glade you're feeling a bit better today though.

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)