RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 06-03-2009, 05:33 AM   #21
Isoverity

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphelion View Post
I can't do that in my 1st year! I swear our timetable is the worst out of all the degrees at my university. 30 hours is just not right. Negative marking is DEFINITELY not right. 6 hour labs twice a week are just plain insanity. I have to plan about a weak ahead when I go out, and it's usually just one night after which I have to do MORE work on a bitchin' hangover.

Like nursing, I think in a degree like your they make it extra hard the first year to weed out the weak links/pretenders.

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:50 AM   #22
sobriquet
Alison

I am currently:

I'm only in uni 6 hours a week this term. But I do have all but one deadline this term so there's loads to do. And I found out the date and time I'm doing my presentation at the end of the year which is really scary! I have to stand up and talk about my research for 15 minutes!!! Eek!

7th July 2007

Hope is the feeling you have, that the feeling you have isn't permanent. (Jean Kerr)

sobriquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #23
-phoenix-
Lucy J.

I am currently:

Quote:
I can't do that in my 1st year! I swear our timetable is the worst out of all the degrees at my university. 30 hours is just not right. Negative marking is DEFINITELY not right. 6 hour labs twice a week are just plain insanity. I have to plan about a weak ahead when I go out, and it's usually just one night after which I have to do MORE work on a bitchin' hangover.
Snap...im a first year on biomedical degree n oooh do they love giving us tons of labs (15hrs a week!) Plus with formal reports, essays, lab files...it never ends. Not much time for partying :( oh well, think of by the end of 3rd year when we'll be graduating lol xXx

-phoenix- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #24
ksdfjhlksajf

We call it college over here mostly :D

I have finals coming up and a million papers/ projects.

And I spent 3 1/2 hours editing video in the computer lab, and went back and did even more work. After being in class all day. Fun.

Thank you for all of your help and support. I will no longer be coming to RYL. Semi-explanation will be inside my profile.

ksdfjhlksajf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #25
Spoons

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchpain2feel View Post
I'm only in uni 6 hours a week this term. But I do have all but one deadline this term so there's loads to do. And I found out the date and time I'm doing my presentation at the end of the year which is really scary! I have to stand up and talk about my research for 15 minutes!!! Eek!
Do you go to the University of Kent?

im going to go to the library at some point to work..... i might wait till after 5 when its empty and i have a chance of finding a quiet space

We are not our failures...

Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #26
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

My dissertations on " what attitudes are there towards hyper-sexual female characters in games and how this opinon will differ between the genders"

Its just trying to do it is hard, its ment to be 10,000

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #27
The One Who

I am currently:

I have so much to do, and all for the same day! Why can't staff in the department talk to each other :(

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #28
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

*waves* I be a student

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #29
Spoons

I am currently:

*waves back*
my dissertation is a content analysis of womens magazines and discussing body image and eating disorders and stuff

i say stuff i havent actually pin pointed my actual question yet, but that is the jist of it

Old 06-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #30
Bleeding Angel
This is my story, and your not part of it...

I am currently:

ohh im doing a bit about that in my dissertation, and focusing on how games come into the body image equation

"Its not how long a star shines, what is remembered is the brightness of the light"

Bleeding Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #31
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

hmm... dissertations... got a few friends doing them at the moment... seem to basically swallow people up lol

shadow-light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #32
rockaroni
Captain Rainbow!!!

I am currently:

I've just finished my last lab (and report) for this semester. Woo!

Wake me up before I change again
Remind me the story that I won't get insane
Tell me why it's always the same
Explain me the reason why I'm so much in pain.

rockaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #33
Spoons

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Angel View Post
ohh im doing a bit about that in my dissertation, and focusing on how games come into the body image equation
theres so much information on body image and culture its great, never at a loss for sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-light View Post
hmm... dissertations... got a few friends doing them at the moment... seem to basically swallow people up lol
yes sounds about right

Old 06-03-2009, 03:09 PM   #34
The One Who

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-light View Post
Tell me about it. Trust me to pick a topic that makes it even harder for me.

The One Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #35
pixiedust

I am currently:

My essay was supposed to be in at 12 today - thank goodness I have a week's extension!

Sometimes the way in life seems cloudy...But remember, after the storm comes clear skies

pixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #36
sobriquet
Alison

I am currently:

Spoons (sorry I don't know your name) I'm at Christ Church but wishing I'd gone to Kent - your library is huge! Ours is pitiful, and the online resources rarely work. Grrrrr!

I'm in the middle of running a research project which I have to write an 8000 word report on, and do a 15 minute presentation on. And I need to start my 4000 word essay about power and sex (all kinds of reading about S&M which is kinda fun). My tutor for that one though gets really uncomfortable talking about it which is kinda funny but makes me feel more awkward, like it's strange that I'm so comfortable talking about "whips and chains" as my tutor describes it. Lol!

Handed in an essay a couple of hours ago that was 500 words over the limit so I lied and made it only 250 above the limit (within 10%). Can I get in trouble for that? They didn't notice last time but I only took 100 words off last time. :S It was all so relevant though - I couldn't take anything else! And it was 6am when I finished and I just couldn't be bothered to think any more. Lol!

3rd year is lame. Too much like hard work. And it only gets worse from here - real life is approaching fast and I don't like it! Lol!

7th July 2007

Hope is the feeling you have, that the feeling you have isn't permanent. (Jean Kerr)

Old 06-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #37
Spoons

I am currently:

yus kent is awesome.
although i may go to christchurch to do my masters if i do social work, but that wont be yet.

yes our library is massive but its not that great, its packed full of out of date irrelevant books and there are never enough of the book that are needed. Inquire the student newspaper had a massive bit slagging it off.

Last edited by Spoons : 06-03-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:24 PM   #38
sobriquet
Alison

I am currently:

Christchurch is a nice campus - small and stuff, which makes it much harder to get lost. Lol!
Am considering applying to do my doctorate here but I might look elsewhere. I'm not sure this library could handle a doctorate! Lol!

7th July 2007

Old 06-03-2009, 06:28 PM   #39
Spoons

I am currently:

haha maybe not :p

i might head up north for my next lot of studying. ive done the south.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #40
sobriquet
Alison

I am currently:

I was thinking of going somewhere further away but I have an awful habit of picking up other accents really quickly. But I'm awful at accents so everyone thinks I'm taking the mick! My parents call it Wandering Accent Syndrome. Lol!

7th July 2007

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)