RYL Forums

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 19-08-2010, 12:07 PM   #41
R-Jay
The Celestial Tablecloth :)

I am currently:

Haha really!? I guess a lot of my friends are pretty like that as well :| .. it makes no sense to me! haha.
Oh cool, I live on the coast so there's zero snow haha... I've skiied once- and I was pretty darn bad at it! Haha I caused a pile up off the lift of like 6 people...I never could quite get the hang of skii-ing off the chair lift, I've no idea why, I blame it on a lack of any coordination or balance.
Oh I envy you in this moment!! I'm writing a speech on psychoanalytic readings of texts...I want to shoot my assignment haha.
Uh biotechnology and ethics...what do you have to write about?

I don't know how I got this way
I know it's not alright.
So I'm breaking the habit,
I'm breaking the habit
Tonight
I got charm'd at Hogwarts

R-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 02:02 AM   #42
Ettie
E.T.

I am currently:

haha yeah. Well I live on the coast to, its 2hours to the snow. but hey its the best of both world really.
haha nice work, I think i was pretty much the same off the lifts!!! they are really horrible.

psychoanalytic readings of texts... sounds, well annoying! Im thinking of doing stem cell reasurch though in class today we were looking at dolly the sheep. I hate ethics though its really annoying cus it makes me feel sick when i think about some of the stuff people want to do! but hey it should let me pass the year so fingers crossed

Doing what you love can be the loneliest time of your life
A climbers day starts at the crux, getting out of bed.

Ettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 02:13 AM   #43
faint
May Forfeit

I am currently:

I shall join in, even though I know nothing of Harry Potter.
My name's Lindsey, I'm 15, and I like metal. Sorry for ruining your Harry Potter theme. :P

I think I took the wrong path
And I need to find my way back
They say you're never too far
To start it all again, am I too far?
Maybe I wasn't made for this world..

faint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 02:18 AM   #44
ThinkingofRecovery

I am currently:

Is 28 young lol

"Everything is possible through Christ, who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

ThinkingofRecovery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 05:16 AM   #45
HerNameGoesHere
Maybe if my heart stops beating it wont hurt

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by no reason View Post
Is 28 young lol
Sure:)
Feel free to join:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by faint View Post
I shall join in, even though I know nothing of Harry Potter.
My name's Lindsey, I'm 15, and I like metal. Sorry for ruining your Harry Potter theme. :P
:D Its cool, Hi Lindsey! Welcome!

HerNameGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2010, 05:20 AM   #46
HerNameGoesHere

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi View Post
hername- I love it!! Haha that's sweet :). How are you going?

Neddie! I know what you mean about school, I really do haha, good that you got some work done though! You snowboard?! That's quite the awesomeness!
I'm good, had school as well- it was a long day indeed, just writing an english literature draft for tomorrow now *sigh*.
Thanks!
I am Fantabulous:)

and How are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neddie View Post

hername- that one is actually really sweet. It made go awwww!!

Jodi- aww thanks, the nice of the cho chang one.
My day has been okay, had school, it was hard getting there but once i was there I got quite a bit of work done. though still have alot more to do.
Though wish I had been able to go snowboarding, were ment to go but the weather is really yuck :(

How about you? and everyone else??
Thanks!
How are you?

Old 20-08-2010, 06:32 AM   #47
Ettie
E.T.

I am currently:

haha faint we arent only into HP :)
I like rock, though metal is okay- depending on the type really. Skillet is amazing though!!

Hername, im pretty good- ITS THE WEEKEND!!! and im going out tomorrow to help at a 150th school aniversery so it should be a fun day, though lots of bloody homework to do... really should get onto it, only like 3months till exams- if that. (gosh thats when my future will pretty much be disided, well as high school goes)

what is everyone else into?

Old 20-08-2010, 09:21 AM   #48
R-Jay

I am currently:

Neddie- I'm a little further to the snow...about 2 hours by plane in the seasons when there is snow. Best of both worlds- yes, it would be!
I know what you mean! As soon as I think about the things people are interested in doing I get sick/upset...Good luck with it!! My day was...long haha, so glad it's the weekend!! Have you got any plans? Oh I just scrolled down! 150th school anniversary hey? Sounds good...is it like a celebration?
My school is only like 15 years old tehe .

Hername- I'm glad you're well! I'm good as well, SOOOO Glad it's the weekend!!!!!! Stressed for assignments and exams but hey, can't wait to graduate :).

Hi Lindsey!! That's ok haha, it's just the first thing we started talking about!
How are you today? Excited for the weekend?

Haha no reason, you may join us :D...we have been gradually pushing the age of this thread higher!! :)...how are you?

I know it's not alright.
I'm breaking the habit
Tonight

Old 20-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #49
Ettie
E.T.

I am currently:

haha- the good things about a very long and narrow country.... though not geting above 10degrees has its low points ALOT, i dont like the cold.
It should be a good day, its not my school- I got asked to go as one of the clubs I go to is about edwardian times (1900) so we are going to go look cool for them.
I think my school is younger than yours! I think its been open for 7 years...

Old 20-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #50
Ettie
E.T.

I am currently:

I thought I might add... does anyone know the banana song? "Bananas of th world unite!!... peel banana ect" ?

The name of the thread makes me think about it every time :D

Old 20-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #51
faint
May Forfeit

I am currently:

Quote:
Hi Lindsey!! That's ok haha, it's just the first thing we started talking about!
How are you today? Excited for the weekend?
I'm not so great, and lol I guess.. And I think I know the banana song your talking about.

Old 21-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #52
HerNameGoesHere

I am currently:

Faint- Awh, Whats wrong?
YAY BANANA SONG:D
lol.

Neddie- I do indeed know ithe banana song, It was stuck in my head as I was naming this actually lol. Glad your well! Good luck with school and exams and tests and whatnot! I don't really know what thats like at all being homeschooled since 2nd grade can take some experiences from you. Have fun at the 150th anniversary thingy!

Jodi- Glad your well too! Exams are sucktastic so I hear. As mentioned in my reply to Neddie I honestly don't know what thats like, being homeschooled since 2nd grade and all. Good luck with your exams and tests and stuff also!

My weekends are usually lame, I might get to go to the library and get some new books tomorrow though so I'm happy about that!

Old 21-08-2010, 12:57 AM   #53
faint
May Forfeit

I am currently:

Your talking about the one thats all like PEEL BANANAS PEEL PEEL BANANAS etc right?
And because a kid I know died last night :(

Old 21-08-2010, 02:45 AM   #54
R-Jay

I am currently:

Neddie-haha true *shivers at the thought of ten degrees* I'm glad I live here in the warmth! How can you stand NZ if you don't like the cold?! haha. Did you move from somewhere else? (I figure if you'd grown up in NZ you'd be used to the cold by now?). :)
Yes your school wins for being younger! haha BANANA SONG! I hadn't thought about that for ages...and now I will always think of this thread as 'Bananas of the world unite' hahaha.

Faint- oh :( that's horrible *gentle hugs*, how are you feeling today?

Hername- Yes exams aren't fabulous, although I don't really mind them usually, I think it's just because it's coming up to finals and I want to get into uni etc etc that it's getting a little pressuring!! You're homeschooled? That's cool! Do you enjoy it?
Oooh new books...well that's always exciting! Don't worry my weekends are pretty non-happening as well, today I'm studying and will probably read a fair bit...going to a university open day tomorrow. I guess I'm just glad not to be at school- but then there wouldn't be much distinction for you would there. How are you?

Has anyone seen the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny?! It's stuck in my head soooo badly today, I've no idea why, but I'm inclined to blame my little brother .
xx

I know it's not alright.
I'm breaking the habit
Tonight

Old 21-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #55
HerNameGoesHere

I am currently:

Quote:
Neddie-haha true *shivers at the thought of ten degrees* I'm glad I live here in the warmth! How can you stand NZ if you don't like the cold?! haha. Did you move from somewhere else? (I figure if you'd grown up in NZ you'd be used to the cold by now?). :)
Yes your school wins for being younger! haha BANANA SONG! I hadn't thought about that for ages...and now I will always think of this thread as 'Bananas of the world unite' hahaha.

Faint- oh :( that's horrible *gentle hugs*, how are you feeling today?

Hername- Yes exams aren't fabulous, although I don't really mind them usually, I think it's just because it's coming up to finals and I want to get into uni etc etc that it's getting a little pressuring!! You're homeschooled? That's cool! Do you enjoy it?
Oooh new books...well that's always exciting! Don't worry my weekends are pretty non-happening as well, today I'm studying and will probably read a fair bit...going to a university open day tomorrow. I guess I'm just glad not to be at school- but then there wouldn't be much distinction for you would there. How are you?

Has anyone seen the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny?! It's stuck in my head soooo badly today, I've no idea why, but I'm inclined to blame my little brother .
xx
My father won't take me to the library, so screw that idea. -.- I mean I'm not going out to party and have sex with my boyfriend like those other 13 year olds, I want to go to the library for petes sake! What the heck! It's because "I haven't been doing all my chores." UGH, It is annoying. I am part of the minority of adolescent girls that read things other than twilight. I would say 25% of girls in my area read books other than twilight. Rant over.
Homeschooling is okay, what I don't like about it is
A. being over protected.
B. having a hard time making friends that actually stay friends with me.
C. being with my parents 24/7

I'm okay as you can see from the rant above I am slightly pissed off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faint View Post
Your talking about the one thats all like PEEL BANANAS PEEL PEEL BANANAS etc right?
And because a kid I know died last night :(
Oh my God I am soooo sorry, my condolences to you and everyone else who knew the kid.
Hope you feel better!
How are you?

Old 21-08-2010, 11:09 PM   #56
faint
May Forfeit

I am currently:

Thanks guys, I'm alright, just shocked and sad. He was a super nice kid, always smiling and nice to everyone, even though some people weren't as nice because he was in the special needs class.
I also know the ultimate showdown song, and have it on my ipod. xP

Old 21-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #57
Ettie
E.T.

I am currently:

Awww that sucks faint, hope youre okay. *hugs*

Good on you for handling homeschooling, i go scat crazy cus mums at home every avo, and thats just a few hours.... dont think I could do it all day. And i thinks its a parent thing to think we are just going to sleep around. so silly, its only like 5% of us who are like that!!! haha

Jodi- I was born in Zimbabwe, we moved here a few years ago... so I much prefer going north!!!

Exams are okay... its the studing for them that sucks, until last year I never had to study so iv never learnt how to- really sucks, though they are a bit easer than assignments as they dont take as much time.
YAY the banana song! haha its pretty cool- brings back memories of heaps of people doing it at camps!

Well I have one day to do a hell of a lot of homework as i was out all day yesterday, though got to go on an EPIC train ride- through a tunnel in a volcano :) extinct though haha.

O well better leave you all to it- hername good on you not being into twilight, I read the first one to win an argument, first book to pretty much put me to sleep!!!

Old 22-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #58
R-Jay

I am currently:

Hername- i understand my parents r still like that with me at 16...made worse by the fact that they seem to think I’m guaranteed to be a) drinking b) having sex c) partying or d) all of the above – on any given night. They KNOW I’m not like that, and yet still they insist on acting as if I am- or might be if I let my guard down for even a second, I know they’re coming from a good place and mean well but it’s seriously annoying haha...I guess the same goes for your parents. It sucks that you didn’t get to go to the library today though! Go you for not liking twilight!! What do you like to read? I love to read also so if you have any suggestions let me know! J. I can see why homeschooling would be really tough, I think most of the time I’m glad to be at school....I don’t know....I guess it has its advantages and disadvantages like anything else!
Faint- I’m so sorry to hear this, it’s so sad and horrible *hugs*. I hope you’re ok, how are you feeling, how was your day?. ... p.s. I’m glad you know the ultimate showdown XD.
Neddie- Zimbabwe, wow that’s awesome. I’m boring, having been born and raised here- but I love it so it’s all good :D. That’s true, it’s the lead up to exams that is the worst...weeks of lead up for only a couple of hours of proving your knowledge. Stupid system haha. Do you know what you want to do when you finish with school? Thank god it’s an extinct volcano! Hope you got all your work done!
Take care all xxx

I know it's not alright.
I'm breaking the habit
Tonight

Old 23-08-2010, 06:55 AM   #59
Ettie
E.T.

I am currently:

Oh good books, the protector of the small quartet by Tamara pierce, or any thing by her but those ones are really good!! I read them twice in a week end pretty much. :)
and the tomorrow when the war began series (not brilliant though)

Jodi- that is the worst bit of exams, though its worse with parents going on about how important they are- you would think i would know that.
Im not sure what im doing next year, deffently taking a break no way am i going to uni yet. Think i might go work for DOC or go do outdoor ed at polytech. or go find a farm to work on.
what about you? youre in your last year right?

Old 23-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #60
R-Jay

I am currently:

ooh I haven't read those by tamara pierce, I will definetely be getting from the library, though probably not til the next couple of weeks of QCS and exams are over :). I have actually read the tomorrow series, I quite like them and enjoyed reading, however they're not in that league of oh-my-god-this-book-just-changed-my-life-forever-ness haha :).

Neddie, my parents do that as well, and my mum seems to turn into captain obvious during assessment time. Like I'll mention at dinner that I have a big assignment to finish this week and she'll be like "well you had better get started on that! It's only a couple more hard weeks"...and I'm just like of COURSE I have to work on it haha, I think you're missing the point haha, I just can't comment about assessment casually at all.
A break sounds good :) have you done your SCUBA license? I did mine in NZ a couple of years ago and have always thought instructing would be cool for a while, but I won't be old enough at graduation anyway.
Yep I'm in my last year :). I'm thinking I will go to university straight away, I don't know why, I just feel like if I don't I won't do anything I'll just turn into a couch potato for a year so there's not much point haha.
xx

I know it's not alright.
I'm breaking the habit
Tonight

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)