Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 09-11-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
Narrator

I am currently:
Medication Question - Antidepressants question?

Its a general question really.

I just wanted to know whether antidepressants are worth being taken, i wouldnt call myself a chronic depressed but im definatly not right, bad days almost outnumber the bad, do ani anxiety drugs have any side effects, im a very anxious person? Can you drive taking either of these?

Sorry for all the questions. Ive heard rumers of if your on these types of drugs you dont feel anything, you dont feel happy or sad? Is this true? Has anyone any personal experiece of these drugs??

Any help would be apprieciated. Thank you.
x.

'The Hardest thing to do in this world is to live in it'
They'll never see,
I'll never be,
I struggle on and on to feed this hunger,
Burning deep inside of me.

Narrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
Kira

I am currently:

the problem with anti-depressants is that they each have different effects with different people. for example both myself and another ryl memebr that i know were both put on on brand, worked for me, but not her.

she got the side effects and i didnt. strange.

you should talk to a doctor. if you 15+ you should be able to talk them and they cant tell your parents.

Kira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #3
l'il esky
Queen SockMonkey aka Holly :D

I am currently:

i would say if you can get thro it without then i would try, but they have really helped me.....however i did have to try 3 before i found a good one!

speak to your gp, they generally dont offer them as first line treatment...prefer to get you try and talk out your problems, so refer to a counsellor/cmht etc

x

this pic is so i can always remember jen who was my l'il sock monkey friend who has left ryl and i miss her!!!
xx

l'il esky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:58 AM   #4
Hollz
Daffodil

I am currently:

It's not always the answers, I have been on tablets for the past 7 years, and I still haven't found the right thing for me :(

I would go and get advice from your GP - every reacts differently to medication

Something has changed within me, something is not the same, I'm through with playing by the rules of someone elses game. Too late for second guessing, too late to go back to sleep, its time to trust my instincts, close my eyes and leap....
Somethings I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know...
Big hugs to all my friends on here, thanks for your constant support - love you guys

Hollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:14 AM   #5
LeahMarie

I am currently:

It really depends on the anti-depressant. You might want to talk to your doctor and discuss the pros and cons of different medicines. He or she can also help you determine the dosage or type of medicine you need, that should help you a lot.

I was actually on Prozac for a while, about a year and a half ago. I had really weird dreams as a side-effect. Kind of LSD-type dreams, very strange. Now that I think back I believe it's because I was given the Prozac but didn't take it until months later, when I had lost a lot of weight. The dosage was too much for me.

You just need to be careful, but you should probably start out with a simple one, something not too strong to determine whether or not you need something stronger. Good luck darling.

Hold on, if you feel like letting go.
Hold on, it gets better than you know.
Don't stop looking, you're one step closer.
Don't stop searching, it's not over.

LeahMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:07 AM   #6
kijam76

I am currently:

ive been on a lot of antidepressants and finally found one that works, well actually a combo (celexa,lamictal,seroquel).... well i think antidepressants are good.... its not like the commercials tho, you dont feel happy and go bouncing around, but it certainly take much of the lows away.... you still get them, but they are by far not as bad as they were/could be. I also suppose it depends on you and you feelings as well. good luck

Into my heart an air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.
-- A.E. Housman --

kijam76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #7
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

You need to see your doctor to talk about what medication would be right for you. Antidepressants effect everyone differently.

Some antidepressants can make you drowsy and on the label it recommends not driving or operating machinery if it makes you feel drowsy.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 01:19 AM   #8
Narrator

I am currently:

Thanks for all of the feedback guys, its given me a bit of an insight.

x.

'The Hardest thing to do in this world is to live in it'
They'll never see,
I'll never be,
I struggle on and on to feed this hunger,
Burning deep inside of me.

Narrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)