Live Help

Forum Jump
Post New Thread  Reply
Old 13-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #21
Shrink

I am currently:

And also, people with longer threads are often updating them more often... so dont forget a lot of the posts will be from the OP. I know in mine, i posted loooads... which would account for it being nearer the top.

Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #22
Stellata

Sometimes, the people that support people [including replying to threads with few/no replies] have times of intense difficulty and need support themselves, and don't have the emotional resources to help others. Often these people [like myself] have an ongoing thread during such difficult times.
That's my viewpoint. I would say more if I had the energy.
I'm just sorry I can't do as much as I would like around here at the moment.

Stellata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #23
FabulousMike
Proud Union Activist.

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
And also, people with longer threads are often updating them more often... so dont forget a lot of the posts will be from the OP. I know in mine, i posted loooads... which would account for it being nearer the top.
Word! When I had a long support thread I was the top commenter on it because I would try to reply to every post.

Also, please keep in mind, i'm talking about myself here but I hated having a long thread, It would make me feel awful that I was taking away from someone else and all that, I think there was a time I felt that bad I even had it locked by a mod (it wasn't my thread, it was made for me).

FabulousMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #24
x-Silvermist-x
elohvee-e

I am currently:

Everyone is deserving of support.

Some threads never become an ongoing support thread because people choose not to reply and even if the OP updates the thread it can make no difference.

I don't think I have much more to say on the matter. Nothing is going to change. As someone said it's just the way life is and it's the same on here.

When life gets you down do you know what you've gotta do?

Just keep swimming.

x-Silvermist-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #25
Kyaneos
Steph.

I am currently:

I am sorry you feel that way, but I think I saw someone else mention above, if you look at the bigger picture, you have had long support threads aswell which have had lots of support, its just unfortunate that your latest one hasnt had many and there could be numerous reasons for that. Some people, myself included, go through phases of replying on the boards but then having a break for a while but still replying and watching subscribed threads, which is how they can maybe end up getting more responses sometimes.

I dont think anyone is ignoring you, it is also the beginning of a new academic year and not many people are around at the moment.

Yes, I agree, everyone is deserving of support.

Kyaneos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #26
Cacoethes
ˇViva la Revolución!

I am currently:

I've had many (fairly recent) threads that have had one or two replies. I've even got one that I made a few months ago with no replies!

Think it was a case of wrong place, wrong time!

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #27
LaurenLumos

I am currently:

Hey i totally get what you mean. I can't really complain because I'm too shy in the first place to even ask for help or support. Especially on chat when are alot people talking and i don't want to interrupt them and if I do say anything (which i will admit is rare and probably my own fault) people don't really reply to me. I'm coming more out of my shell now though and trying to overcome total and utter social anxiety. I don't post as much in the forums just in the ranting bit.

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

George R.R. Martin

LaurenLumos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #28
startingagain

I wish that they'd take off the number of 'views' that a thread has had. I personally find it worse to know that 50 people have viewed and said nothing to just not having any responses. That I can understand as maybe people don't know what to say etc. I don't see the point.

startingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #29
x-Silvermist-x
elohvee-e

I am currently:

startingagain...I agree. As you said it can be quite upsetting to see that X amount of people have viewed your thread and nobody has replied.

I don't think there's a solution to people feeling overlooked because as others have said it happens in life.

Did someone say that there was a rule that said each thread had to receive at least 5 replies? If so, does anyone know why it is no longer a rule? I don't necessarily think the rule is good because people might feel that people are only replying because they have to.

When life gets you down do you know what you've gotta do?

Just keep swimming.

x-Silvermist-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #30
Cacoethes
ˇViva la Revolución!

I am currently:

I don't think it was a rule, but there was the 1,2,3,4,5. Thing.
And replying to others threads if they replied to yours.
Which is a good system to have.

I'm fine! Totally fine. I don't know why it's coming out all loud and squeaky, 'cause really, I'm fine!

Who else is fine?!?!?

Cacoethes is online now   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Members Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)